Forum › Husky and Medley discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Cute confusions are cute.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Really cute but when I looked at the title I was expecting another Husky and Medley....

joined Oct 13, 2014

Really cute but when I looked at the title I was expecting another Husky and Medley....

me as well. wonder how theyre doin. remembering those two brings back a lot of feels

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Glad I wasn't the only one!

But man, this really was adorable.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 9:26PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Uwa, I didn't even know there was another manga titled Huskey and Medley here.
But I couldn't really change the original title of this one since it was also Huskey and Medley (they did have an abbreviation which was HuskMedo but that sounds pretty weird in English)
My apologies (; ̄д ̄)But I hope it was cute enough to make up for it~

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 9:30PM

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

So damn cute!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Uwa, I didn't even know there was another manga titled Huskey and Medley here.
But I couldn't really change the original title of this one since it was also Huskey and Medley (they did have an abbreviation which was HuskMedo but that sounds pretty weird in English)
My apologies (; ̄д ̄)But I hope it was cute enough to make up for it~

Don't worry about that, HuskMedo would have been strange, and it's nice to remember the other Husky and Medley, really nostalgic, i wonder if Husky and Medley are still together, I remember finding somewhere that they where still together in 2013, someone had posted a link to Medley Twitter, but I don't know japanese so it was useless to me, but if anyone is interested I can try to find it again.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

last panel makes me think, "Ai-chan is mai waifu. Do not claim"

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

last panel makes me think, "Ai-chan is mai waifu. Do not claim"

Damn it!!!!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cute, but tiny! even zoomed in all the way I got eye strain lol

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cute, but tiny! even zoomed in all the way I got eye strain lol

Did you remember to use the resize button? It was comfortably large for me when resized without zooming in?

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

GOAT internet-correspondance-turned-into-manga

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

i've been looking for this title (the orig husky and medley)
man that brings back a lot of memories... especially when i used to hangout in 4ch lol

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I thought this doujin is named after that one because it uses the scene from Husky and Medley with Vocaloid character? Well.. isn't there a similar scene from Husky and Medley, when they're affirming their state of relationship?

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I believe this is indeed a vocaloid version based off of Husky and Medley.

First off the original title had parody written on it (well, it had "paro" which i assume is an abbreviation of it), but i left it out since I didn't get why it was there (Full title was "Huskey and Medley, Yukari x IA parody")

Secondly, In the first panel I didn't translate the stuff on the left because I couldn't understand what it was referring to. It implied there was something before it but since I had never seen or heard about Huskey and Medley I was pretty clueless when I saw that written (also weird japanese jargon + barely readable handwriting made me say "screw this")

It basically said something like "The lines were changed for the purpose of dramatization", I thought it didn't make much sense so I left it untranslated (it didn't impact the story after all) but if you assume it's based off of the original Huskey and Medley (which I ended up reading yesterday thanks to you guys) then yes, it would make sense for this to be a parody of it.

I'm sorry for not doing the proper research, I didn't know there was deeper meaning behind it, if I had known beforehand I'd probably have changed the title to include the parody part(; ̄д ̄)Oh well. At least it's just the title. But it's nice to know these facts. w

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 12:36PM

Ev03
joined Mar 16, 2015

Um . . . how are the characters part of vocaloid? I have never heard of them before.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Um . . . how are the characters part of vocaloid? I have never heard of them before.

There are lots and lots of vocaloid characters created by different company from different country. Miku, Rin, Len, Luka and others are the most famous but there are tons of others

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 3:23PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Both IA and Yuzuki Yukari are from Vocaloid 3
You're probably more familiar with the Vocaloid 2 series which has the more popular characters (Miku, Luka, Rin, Len, etc).
But they're all official releases. IA even gives live shows.
You might want to check out this list to see all the new additions~

There's plenty of cute Vocaloid 3 characters you can ship and I personally prefer them over the Vocaloid 2 ones.

I think IA x Yukari needs to be more popular too. IA is the most popular Vocaloid 3 character. Yukari on the other hand is less used and thus less popular, but still loved~
Hopefully Vocaloid 4 makes her more popular and we start seeing more of the two as a consequence.

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 4:53PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I wanna fight Yukari for IA. IA is bae. <3

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Both IA and Yuzuki Yukari are from Vocaloid 3
You're probably more familiar with the Vocaloid 2 series which has the more popular characters (Miku, Luka, Rin, Len, etc).
But they're all official releases. IA even gives live shows.
You might want to check out this list to see all the new additions~

There's plenty of cute Vocaloid 3 characters you can ship and I personally prefer them over the Vocaloid 2 ones.

I think IA x Yukari needs to be more popular too. IA is the most popular Vocaloid 3 character. Yukari on the other hand is less used and thus less popular, but still loved~
Hopefully Vocaloid 4 makes her more popular and we start seeing more of the two as a consequence.

Talking about V4x, I'm now considering about writing something starring Luka V4x. Maybe Gumi&Lily as well.

And off topic. Since we have Miku V2 -> Luka V2 -> Miku V2+ -> Miku V3, Luka V3 -> Luka V4x, can we expect something like Luka V4x+ or Miku V5?

last edited at Mar 26, 2015 7:12PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I wanna fight Yukari for IA. IA is bae. <3

IA is Yukari's waifu. Hands off (」゜ロ゜)」

sigh I want to translate more Yukari x IA stuff, there seems to be a distinct lack of them everywhere I go, including here~
There's a few cute short stories on pixiv with them as well, but I need to focus on other yuri stuff now. I never knew there was such a thing as "too much yuri". This sucks. w

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^ True, I never knew IA and Yukari were a pairing. This is the first doujin I've seen of either of them actually. Is there a lot?
And nope, no way! I won't acknowledge them yet! I still have a chance! ٩(๑`^´๑)۶

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well since vocaloids don't have an actual plot behind them you can literally make any pairing. I personally think IA and Yukari look good together. Maybe it's the color scheme that's similar, but i just look at them and feel harmony.
I also have never really seen IA paired together with anyone else so i'm the opposite of you~. Maybe with Lily or Mayu a bit.

In terms of amount of doujins, there's not an insane amount.
On pixiv there's 16 pages with the YukaIA tag (of course i went through all of them just like i did with the 500+ NicoMaki pages. Call help pls) and maybe 10-15 doujins overall, but only short stuff though.

I'll probably try to translate some more once i'm done translating yuri games (doing both is too tiring~). Though for some reason all the doujins i found also have awful handwriting spread all over them so they're going to be a pain to clean and typeset. Is computer font too much to ask for cry.

I did find an ongoing 4koma vocaloid series on danbooru called Miku Plus. Currently has 400 strips and in it IA and Yukari live together which is pretty cute, but it's just a gag manga so there's no deeper subtext (still fun though)

Moral of the story is, if you just look at them hard enough, you'll probably eventually understand they were meant to be together~

And no way, my IA figure is swinging her head in disagreement with you, she wants to be inside Yukari's oversized hoodie~

last edited at Mar 27, 2015 2:31AM

joined Apr 14, 2013

Really cute XD

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thank god for some Vocaloid yuri, and a parody of Husky x Medley at that too =w=

time to go reread the gold that is Huskey and Medley.

To reply you must either login or sign up.