ForumNews Strike that, reverse it

joined Mar 20, 2015

Oh my god, I just read that "credits" page. I couldn't get through two paragraphs. The sheer autism in it is astounding; I think this tops Commie's eotens bullshit by far.
Anyways, usually I'm not too thrilled with moderators on any site but in this case the mods are clearly justified. Don't let this shitposting chodelord win.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Agree with attention seeking and stuff but why use the word "faggot," on a site the features primarily lesbian manga? Kinda not the right place for derogatory slang against homosexuals.

Eh, I think no one really uses words like 'faggot', 'fag', 'twat', 'cunt', 'dick', 'retard' etc. to mean what they actually do according to the dictionary. People who aren't bigoted towards the respective groups of people do use these words as well. You could say things like "yeah, I'm being a total fag" if you're admitting that you're being obnoxious, for example. Even if you yourself are a gay man. Or calling yourself a twat even if you're female.

Really, any word with negative connotation, regardless of its actual meaning can be substituted in without changing the general expression of general distaste towards the individual concerned, which is actually the main point in such utterances.

Sometimes people take words too literally, especially if feeling insecure. And if you're really mad at a person who takes offence to being called certain names, you'd call them those names just to spite them, even if you don't actually discriminate against people to whom the word conventionally refers to, definition-wise.

Frankly, I think everyone would be happier if we stopped treating words as if they hold some special mystic power to them. Then there's the issue of taking things out of context... But I think I've rambled long enough.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Agree with attention seeking and stuff but why use the word "faggot," on a site the features primarily lesbian manga? Kinda not the right place for derogatory slang against homosexuals.

Eh, I think no one really uses words like 'faggot', 'fag', 'twat', 'cunt', 'dick', 'retard' etc. to mean what they actually do according to the dictionary. People who aren't bigoted towards the respective groups of people do use these words as well. You could say things like "yeah, I'm being a total fag" if you're admitting that you're being obnoxious, for example. Even if you yourself are a gay man. Or calling yourself a twat even if you're female.

Personally, I take the word of people who are faggots, who own twats or cunts, etc. and the majority of those tend to really not buy that shit. Something like "faggot" is fine in-group, like one gay saying that to another, but not really on if you're from outside that. Same with the classic "n-word" and the like, which also seem to be popular in a lot of the same places by a strange coincidence.

Sometimes people take words too literally, especially if feeling insecure.

Words mean things. What a concept.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Crap, they do? Well that explains what I've been doing wrong.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Crap, they do? Well that explains what I've been doing wrong.

Yeah, everyone gets tripped up on lavender codfish unicorn.

Oh my god, I just read that "credits" page. I couldn't get through two paragraphs. The sheer autism in it is astounding; I think this tops Commie's eotens bullshit by far.
Anyways, usually I'm not too thrilled with moderators on any site but in this case the mods are clearly justified. Don't let this shitposting chodelord win.

I think it's cute how people make accounts just to say an insult that proves nothing.

joined Mar 20, 2015

In my opinion, words are just a means to convey ideas and emotions. If somebody uses a word like "faggot" without malicious or discriminatory intent, it is not reasonable to get offended. If somebody calls me a chink without the intent of being racist or mean, I'd be less offended than if somebody called me an idiot with full intent of attacking my intelligence.
Words don't matter, people and ideas matter.

I think it's cute how people make accounts just to say an insult that proves nothing.

Stay mad, topkek.

last edited at Mar 20, 2015 5:20PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

In my opinion, words are just a means to convey ideas and emotions. If somebody uses a word like "faggot" without malicious or discriminatory intent, it is not reasonable to get offended. If somebody calls me a chink without the intent of being racist or mean, I'd be less offended than if somebody called me an idiot with full intent of attacking my intelligence.
Words don't matter, people and ideas matter.

A key thing to keep in mind here though is that context and intent matters and if you don't communicate that context or intent to others (such as in the sorts of situations Nezchan mentioned) then people won't know how they should take it. So in a public space it's just easier to choose your words more carefully while it's fine in private with people who are more familiar with you and will easily understand the context and intent without elaboration.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Just, wow. Everything. This is dedication that I never have.

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Drama on my dynastyreader forums? That's new.

To add my 2 insignificant cents, I think you people are giving too much attention to some retarded autist. Should have just reuploaded the doujins and let him cry, And let's be frank, even if you did include his autistic rants in the credits, does anyone even care? Who would actually read this for any other reason other than to laugh at the sheer autism?

Yes, autism.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

^ inb4 they make a new account to reply to that.

Anyway... Quite the threat, attempting to get stuff taken off the reader apparently? Though I view it as an empty threat, sounds like this person is willing to go the distance (and back, lmao) just to satisfy his personal feelings. I mean, that level of persistence is really something else.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

^ inb4 they make a new account to reply to that.

Anyway... Quite the threat, attempting to get stuff taken off the reader apparently? Though I view it as an empty threat, sounds like this person is willing to go the distance (and back, lmao) just to satisfy his personal feelings. I mean, that level of persistence is really something else.

I understand "something else" as creepy

joined Mar 20, 2015

I think calling it autism is making autists a disservice.

He's unhinged.

Speaking of petty, you're pretty high up on the pettiness list, anticrack.

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Thread has served its purpose.

This topic has been locked.