Forum › Next to You discussion

Free_form_jazz_by_sotf-d640ynt
joined Jul 3, 2021

What is this from(A book called Flowers obviously) and where can I find it.

joined May 8, 2018

I love these two so endearingly.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Pretty sure it's from a visual novel called, let me check... flowers le volume sur printeps

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

Pretty sure it's from a visual novel called, let me check... flowers le volume sur printeps

Flowers - Le volume sur Printemps (Spring) is the first game which focuses on a different pairing as the main couple. Although the overarching plot continues, the one in this manga is the main couple of the second game in the series, "Flowers - Le volume sur ete" (Summer).

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ah yes, the only "fun" couple out of all those VNs. To believe I was surprised that it's the dominating pair in all the fanart when I first started reading those. How much more innocent I was back then.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

better than the LN imo

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's an excellent series of yuri visual novels, made by Innocent Grey.

There are four parts, named after seasons (printemps, ete, automne and hiver), and they are sequels to each other, even though the main pair regarding romance varies. Last novel was translated frequently, and you can buy all of them from Steam, for example.

Flowers goes about its thing by continuously depicting a whole school year in a rather isolated Catholic girls school, while also featuring separate romantic storyline for each season.

Out of all yuri novels that have ever been made, these are some of the highest quality ones, right up there with Kindred Spirits. Art is notably excellent. They're not particularly lewd, but they are passionate in terms of romance and the story is not shy to portray sexual attraction, when it fits. There is little bit of mystery, and lot of slice of life type situations.

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

This might be a lil bit rude of me, but i have to ask this;
Can someone point me the way to where i can read the main pairing doujin, that is Kousaka and Shirahane, i already scourge the internet but found only a lil bit of them. I already read the extra, including the post Winter one, but still, i want more, a lot more.
(As you might see, i have unhealthy obsession about those two)
I dont mind of the H nature, but i want it on the vanilla side. What i dont understand is, those two doesnt mind getting into the bussiness after they got together, and yet, it is so hard to find more works of them.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

God I love these two, the other ships might as well be sailboats in comparison to this massive hulking behemoth of a dreadnaught

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Absolutely perfect.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

This might be a lil bit rude of me, but i have to ask this;
Can someone point me the way to where i can read the main pairing doujin, that is Kousaka and Shirahane, i already scourge the internet but found only a lil bit of them. I already read the extra, including the post Winter one, but still, i want more, a lot more.
(As you might see, i have unhealthy obsession about those two)
I dont mind of the H nature, but i want it on the vanilla side. What i dont understand is, those two doesnt mind getting into the bussiness after they got together, and yet, it is so hard to find more works of them.

I think the reason very few artists seem to do anything with Mayuri and Suoh is because their relationship is left on a very odd note; not only is Mayuri pretty much entirely gone most of the time, the ending of hiver is, at best, confusing about her character.

In contrast, Yuzuriha and Nerine did seem very clearly like a couple, or at least a couple-to-be, and ChidoEri has always been perfect, so everyone ended up with more art of them.

last edited at Nov 9, 2022 9:48AM

Free_form_jazz_by_sotf-d640ynt
joined Jul 3, 2021

Thank you all, I will find and play them.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

smart thinking Erika

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

I think the reason very few artists seem to do anything with Mayuri and Suoh is because their relationship is left on a very odd note; not only is Mayuri pretty much entirely gone most of the time, the ending of hiver is, at best, confusing about her character.

That's why i have this love/hate relationship with Hiver. While i can atleast accept the conclusion/explanation to the overarching plot as frickin'ly convenient as they are. How they end the story of Kousaka and Shirahane is what make me mad. I was hoping at least some kind of epilogue about those two, Nope. Nothing at all.
And that's why i am also so desperate to get more works of them. Which is so rare. T-T
They really make, i dont know how to call it, one hell of a couple. Visualy at the very least.

joined May 9, 2016

@Lynn
Did you read the Voie Lactee drama CD transcript?
There are also a few SuohMayu doujins on Pixiv...alas, they are all untranslated.

In contrast, Yuzuriha and Nerine did seem very clearly like a couple, or at least a couple-to-be, and ChidoEri has always been perfect, so everyone ended up with more art of them.

What makes you see them as less of a couple in specific? Which parts of Hiver's ending?

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 4:08AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I was replaying été yesterday, waiting for this scene to come up until I realized that it wasn't in there. Shit's so ingrained into my brain that i thought it was canon xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.