Forum › I Came to the Love Hotel. discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Is the author male? I can't tell if it's just the hentai style, but this felt noticeably male gaze-y.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Okay, that was pretty darn erotic! :)

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Is the author male? I can't tell if it's just the hentai style, but this felt noticeably male gaze-y.

No one knows, Kitaku is as mysterious

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 8:28PM

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

KTKGOD

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

they also came in the love hotel

i'll see myself out.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

wh-what part of it??? i read this comment before i read the chapter, and expected much Much worse. sure, it's exaggerated but .. if this is the male gaze, it's incredibly tempered

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 10:20PM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Stuff can be erotic without being "male gaze-y" :V

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

allmarbleslost posted:

wh-what part of it??? i read this comment before i read the chapter, and expected much Much worse. sure, it's exaggerated but .. if this is the male gaze, it's incredibly tempered

Maybe the behind the ass viewpoints?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Some of the position shots? Page 17 a bit, the top left of page 20 especially, not necessarily a lot of specific shots beyond those, just kind of the vibe.

Love%20live!%20nijigasaki%20high%20school%20idol%20club%20s02e12-[1080p][bdrip][x265.flac].mkv_snapshot_09.23.054
joined Sep 21, 2019

I'm surprised this got translated first when there's UNIT DIARY released earlier.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Aww

9gamlp01_400x400
joined Jul 29, 2017

flowsthead posted:

Kinda ironic because I honestly thought that Kitaku is a woman based on some of their earlier works. Dokidoki Euphoria comes to mind.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 3:36AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

aw yiss. some good reversal stuff.

joined Apr 14, 2022

That panel on page 20 is pretty obviously leery, a gratuitous shot from neither woman's perspective. The rest seems fine to me.

Screenshot%202022-08-23%20152346
joined Nov 3, 2018

If I had a nickel for everytime a person named Yu, seemingly gets all the girls I would have 3 nickels. Which isn't much but it's now really weird that it happened thrice.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I might remember this wrong but doesn't Kitaku also draws a lot of hetero stuff. Imo, I'm pretty sure Kitaku is male.

joined Oct 10, 2022

Hi! I just made this account to clarify some stuff about Kitaku since I am following this artist the first time I knew them by internet (I'm going to use this pronoun to refer to the artist since we cannot take anything for granted about them).

Let me explain.

Kitaku has three twitter acounts as far as I know: an artistic one, where they post their doujins and other yuri/Nijigasaki related stuff; a commercial one, where there's only information about the hetero hentai they make, and a personal one, when they post more yuri/Nijigasaki/idols related stuff and things they like/love/find cute. I think Kitaku is probably a female because in the personal account there are many posts of them showing the accesories, clothes, teddies, meals and other girly/cute items they have bought. I would say that those kind of things are not usually liked by males, or at least not to that extent. However, the evidence that most convinces me that Kitaku is a female are the following tweets:

Here they post an image of a female hand model she bought on Amazon, and then post another tweet saying: "If you bend your little finger slightly, you will get a sexy hand gesture": https://twitter.com/ktk_er18/status/1277247235206479876

Here Kitaku says something like "I became the camera girl of my dreams" referring to themselves: https://twitter.com/ktk_er18/status/1212192304133357569

In other tweets they identify with Yu in the sense of being a girl who is interested in collecting photos of pretty girls.

Buut, in any case, we cannot be sure about their true sex/gender since we don't have enough information about them that we can grasp from their twitter accounts. We just know that Kitaku likes Love Live series, cute/sexy girls, yuri stuff, little, fluffy and fancy items and the H genre (who wouldn't?)

joined Oct 10, 2022

I might remember this wrong but doesn't Kitaku also draws a lot of hetero stuff. Imo, I'm pretty sure Kitaku is male.

Just because an artist is drawing a particular genre that is liked by a remarkable demographic, it doesn't mean that the artist is lured by that genre or belongs to that demographic. There are a bunch of female hentai artists who draw very exaggerated and explicit content and just because of that you wouldn't say that they would love to get involved in a gangbang, would you? They could be making that kind of art to make a living, or to get more money so they can buy stuff they like, I don't know. There are people who love the work they do and get paid for it, and there are also people who work on things that they don't necessarily love, but through which they can get/do the things they love.

joined Oct 10, 2022

Some of the position shots? Page 17 a bit, the top left of page 20 especially, not necessarily a lot of specific shots beyond those, just kind of the vibe.

As far as I can tell, Kitaku hasn't been in a good condition lately, and it's reflected in the drop of quality in their last doujins. The commercial hentais (the hetero ones) keep having good drawings because they have to meet a certain standard so they don't drop in their level of reception, so the hentayish angles you may have noticed from some pannels could be explained because Kitaku has been mainly focused in drawing hentai scenes. I can understand that, but I am disappointed anyway because it's clear that the best of their work is gonna always be in the hetero comics, and we have to conform with the more regular/low quality drawings (Unit Diary had many scenes with very disproportionate bodies, for example)

Here's the last hetero hentai they made if you're curious about it: https://hitomi.la/manga/senpai-no-sukinamono-%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87-2335783.html#1

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

...a lot of really weird gender essentialism going on here.

I rather liked this one; it's really nice to see Ayumu being proactive without things slipping into yandere territory. Not entirely clear on why they're at a love hotel; the setup has the vibe of this being need-based rather than let's-try-this-fun-thing. As college students, perhaps they've moved out from their parents' places and don't have privacy in their new situation? It's hard to imagine them not rooming together if they were away at the same college, so maybe they've got another roommate, or maybe they're at different universities and each have a roommate at their respective apartments/dorms.

(Though I admit I have this sudden vision of Lanzhu trying to talk everybody into the post-graduation plan involving her buying a mansion for them all to live in so they can all stay together, so maybe it's just that they don't want to rub everyone else's noses in it. Geez, Nijigasaki's canons and fanworks keep making me want to commit fanfiction...)

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

I rather liked this one; it's really nice to see Ayumu being proactive without things slipping into yandere territory.

based ayumu take. she can top without being a deranged jealous gf!

joined Apr 14, 2022

...a lot of really weird gender essentialism going on here.

I don't think saying "people who identify as male are more likely to objectify women" is "gender essentialism", exactly.

last edited at Oct 14, 2022 4:36AM

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Were that what anyone was saying, I'd agree with you. Instead, they're saying things like "the artist draws het, therefore male" and "a drawing not done from a character's perspective must necessarily be the male gaze". I just find it odd.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hi! I just made this account to clarify some stuff about Kitaku

wow, thanks for the info! I just think their art is neat af.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Were that what anyone was saying, I'd agree with you. Instead, they're saying things like "the artist draws het, therefore male" and "a drawing not done from a character's perspective must necessarily be the male gaze". I just find it odd.

Aparently women arent horny irl and arent human so they cant make mistakes while drawing...

To reply you must either login or sign up.