Forum › Your favorite couple in Touhou Project?

mickey2rufus
42ed6ac01f64931b5bad2cac0038d2d6
joined Apr 11, 2013

For me it's got to be Remilia x Flandre, Sakuya x Meiling, Marisa x Alice, Koishi x Satori, Mokou x Kaguya, Yuugi x Parsee and Yuyuko x Youmu... not really a couple but couples instead...

last edited at May 30, 2013 2:33PM

5tumblr_mdqz9dygeb1rjg9uho1_500
joined May 22, 2012

it's hard to get a SHORT list of my favourite pairings in touhou.
at first place an exequo with yukari x reimu and kaguya x mokou, totally fell in love for them
then.i love so much mari x ali, since the first doujin i have ever read was about them
after this i'm pretty fine reading sakuya x meilng, aya x momiji, eirin x reisen, sakuya x marisa, koishi x satori and, sanae x reimu, sanae x kogasa and so on.
i'd like to see some characters not so developed in the most of doujinshi, like flandre, she is my favourite character and i could just die for a flandre x remilia doujinshi pretty decent, but even flandre x marisa could be good. also yuuka, the ultimate sadistic, is an interesting character, paired with anyone tsundere or passive characters could be pleasant but she seems to not be so loved in the circles.

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Kaguya X Mokou in wacky couple category;
Yukari X Yuyuko in adult love drama category;
Alice X Marissa in interspecies love(kind of Twilight but BETTER) category;
Yuuka X Wriggle in wacky S&M category;
Aya X Himegami in childhood friends category(not that they actually are);
Komachi X Shiki in superior X officer category;
Koishi X Satori in incest category;
Renko X Maeribell in slice of life category;
there's,, there's no end to this...
Gensoukyou is lesbian paradise!!!

i'd like to see some characters not so developed in the most of doujinshi, like flandre, she is my favourite character and i could just die for a flandre x remilia doujinshi pretty decent

yeah, and Remilia is Uke (I totally ship that).

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

As for Reimari--since I went and read all the canon mangas before getting seriously into Touhou doujin, Reimari just feels so natural to me.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why MariAri is so popular, even though ReiMari has been around for longer?
I'm a fan of MariAri so I'm not complaining, just curious.

That's kind of backwards. Marisa and Reimu never really interacted much on-screen in canon until ZUN started doing manga. Which was several years after Imperishable Night came out, which has Marisa and Alice teaming up

and alice is one of the selectable characters of subterranean, the best couple, i think,

reimu and marisa are always in competition, and their motivation are different,

anyway, alimari Vs reimu is one of the best boss battle of the serie (i know quite few about extra stage because i saw only yukari, mokou and mamizou)

last edited at May 30, 2013 6:21AM

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

For me it's got to be Remilia x Flandre, Sakuya x Meiling, Marisa x Alice, Koishi x Satori, Mokou x Kaguya, Yuugi x Parsee and Yoyuko x Youmu... not really a couple but couples instead...

I havent touch on Parsee, Flandre, Yuugi, Koishi & Satori yet, sighs I got a long way to go lol x)

last edited at May 30, 2013 8:43AM

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Gensoukyou is lesbian paradise!!!

I agree!! ^.^

joined May 1, 2013

Looking at all this favorites... I think Patchouli deserve some love too... :(

mickey2rufus
42ed6ac01f64931b5bad2cac0038d2d6
joined Apr 11, 2013

Well there is no harm in loving a bit of Patchouli x Koakuma :3

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Or Patchouli x Alice x)

joined May 1, 2013

Patchouli and Alice.. after Marisa death and 10 years of mourning is ok

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Patchouli and Alice.. after Marisa death and 10 years of mourning is ok

I laugh so hard reading that xD

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

Eirin x Kaguya
Eirin x Reisen
Only when well drawn though...When they're drawn all moe moe or very childish...I'll pass on any Touhou couple.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Patchouli x Koa and Mari x Renko.
I think for most pairings I am pretty unfaithful. My interests change as I read more doujins. But these two pairings I have loved since the beginning.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eirin x Kaguya
Eirin x Reisen
Only when well drawn though...When they're drawn all moe moe or very childish...I'll pass on any Touhou couple.

I can see moe working with the fairies, especially if they act counter to type. But yeah, moe houraijin would be kinda off-putting.

WeatheredPeach Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jan 10, 2013

Oooh, there are soooo many great couples in this IP! And while I think good doujinshi is what makes a couple great in Touhou I simply can't enjoy doujinshi that disrupts any of my ships once I've started shipping.

My personal favourite must be Mokou / Keine.

I also adore Yuugi/Parsee, Yuuka/Wriggle, Marisa/Alice, Sakuya/Meiling, Yuyuko/Youmu, Reimu/Yukari and, like, a bunch more.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Touhou Project is a wide field indeed. And MariAli is the best too.
But .......... SakuyaAlice IS SO CUTE DAMMIT!!! I just cant bear it :D
I'm a fan of canon pairings so I wont surprise anyone with PatchiKoa, MokouKeine, YuugiParsee, CirnoDaiyousei, MomijiAya, ShikiKoma, HijiriShou ... and ... thats alI I suppose :)

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

MariAli is the best !!
After seeing ''Cirno and Reimu's One-Two-Three'' I'd prefer Cirno x Reimu due to its art and short story but in general, Reimu x Yukari is more suitable I guess. PatchyKoa, YuugiParsee, SakuRemi or SakuMei (can't choose) YuyuYou. Some arts includes Youmu x Reisen are not bad. It's also fine by me. But MariAli is the unchangeable (dunno whether it's the true word or not) one

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My favorite is a tie between KeineMoukou and SakuyaMeiling they're just perfect for each other. I'm fine with the Alice/Patchy/Marisa triangle (as in I don't mind pairings between the three of them), YukariReimu, SanaeReimu are another favorite of mine.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am not much of a shipper when it comes to this stuff... I just usually prefer the portrayal of the characters by mangakas
(Or just anything sweet or flirty, no matter the pairing)

But if I have to pick I'd say:

Alice x Marisa by http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/cloud_palette
All of the pairings from http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/gp_kids (Love that this mangaka's stuff is all connected)

last edited at Apr 18, 2014 3:58PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I am not much of a shipper when it comes to this stuff... I just usually prefer the portrayal of the characters by mangakas

All of the pairings from http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/gp_kids (Love that this mangaka's stuff is all connected)

+1
Cloud Palette is the number 1 for fluffy stuff. GP kids is also good even it involves some MariRei. I don't mind seeing them together now.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

+1
Cloud Palette is the number 1 for fluffy stuff. GP kids is also good even it involves some MariRei. I don't mind seeing them together now.

Reimu ends up with Sanae tho, it is all connected :)

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Keine x Mokou is my hands down favorite, Yukari x Reimu and Alice x Marisa are tied for second.

I'm growing to love Seiga x Yoshika, Hijiri x Miko and Yuugi x Parsee too

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I'm quite fond of Personal colors alimari. I am also a huge Millet Soups Alipatchy fan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm quite fond of Personal colors alimari. I am also a huge Millet Soups Alipatchy fan.

Aki Eda did the AliPatchy pairing well in Plastic Heart, helped steer me away from being diehard MariAli.

Yuuparu%20cuddle
joined Apr 7, 2013

I love the old standbys like Alice/Marisa and Sakuya/Meiling, but there's a bunch that I wish would get more love:

Aya/Sanae (Two popular, beloved, but lonely characters)
Kanako/Suwako (I want to see more of them as an old married couple!)
Yukari/Yuyuko (BBA love!)
Reimu/Remilia
Futo/Tojiko

To reply you must either login or sign up.