Forum › Your favorite couple in Touhou Project?

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Ive read so many Touhou Project Doujins & Mangas & I came across so many Marisa parings, there was even a tag with her and everyone, dang she go around lol Anyways Im wondering who's your favorite yuri couple pairing in Touchou Project & also your favorite marisa x pairing?
Im kinda fond of Marisa & Alice ^.^
My favorite couple pairing in Touhou Project gotta be Sakura x Meiling. x)

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

keine x mokou fo lyfe

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For me, it's gotta be Yuyuko x Youmu, every time.

As for Marisa, I like Marisa x Alice too, but Reimu x Marisa is starting to win me over a bit.

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

keine x mokou fo lyfe

Mokou x Kaguya >>> keine x Mokou x)

last edited at May 29, 2013 7:16AM

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

As for Marisa, I like Marisa x Alice too, but Reimu x Marisa is starting to win me over a bit.

Im reading Yoyuko x Youmu right now in Two by This Side, Three by the Other Side, im loving these two so much right now x))

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Im reading Yoyuko x Youmu right now in Two by This Side, Three by the Other Side, im loving these two so much right now x))

Isn't that one Yukari x Yuyuko?

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Isn't that one Yukari x Yuyuko?

my bad, I keep on mixing up Yukari & Youmu names because Yukari last name is Yakumo xD Youmo & Yakumo names are too close to each other dammit, all these Y names xD

why do you prefer Yuyuko x Youmu over Yuyuko x Yukari???

last edited at May 29, 2013 8:02AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

yea i like mokou kaguya too, but for now the material for keine / mokou suits my tastes more.
i'm a total ship whore so i'm torn between yukari/reimu, marisa/reimu, and marisa/alice.

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

yea i like mokou kaguya too, but for now the material for keine / mokou suits my tastes more.
i'm a total ship whore so i'm torn between yukari/reimu, marisa/reimu, and marisa/alice.

I have yet to see who I like reimu to be pair with. I really hope I dont betray alice & say marisa x reimu in the end, but then again alice x marisa x reimu wouldnt be all that bad :D me & my threesomes fantasies smh x(

joined Nov 11, 2010

I am into Reimari and Terumoko pretty heavily by now. Even started doing a bit of raw reading of Terumoko stuff. I like Keinemoko fine, but Kaguya and Mokou feel like they have a more equal relationship. As for Reimari--since I went and read all the canon mangas before getting seriously into Touhou doujin, Reimari just feels so natural to me.

I'll probably pick up the games this summer to get a full overview of the canon material. There's still way too many characters I'm not sufficiently familiar with. Really enjoying all the doujins being uploaded on here nonetheless.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

aliXmari and yukariXreimu,
there's a rare pairing that i like a lot; remiXpatchy (i'm sorry for koaXpatchy),
and i prefer kaguyaXmokou to terumokou, even if it's less consistent to the game

last edited at May 29, 2013 11:28AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

kaguya/mokou IS teru/mokou i'm pretty sure cause teruyo is an alternative reading of the kanji i think...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Keine x Mokou is my favorite canon-esque pairing. It's so often used to convey tragedy and bittersweet endings. If not them, I have a serious thing for Youmu, and Yuyuko x Youmu.

But I also really like how some crackier pairings are written, like Mystia x Mokou (Mitsumoto), Alice x Patchouli (Rocket Fuel), and Yuumu x Lunasa (Fujiirosabu).

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

I am into Reimari and Terumoko pretty heavily by now. Even started doing a bit of raw reading of Terumoko stuff. I like Keinemoko fine, but Kaguya and Mokou feel like they have a more equal relationship. As for Reimari--since I went and read all the canon mangas before getting seriously into Touhou doujin, Reimari just feels so natural to me.

I'll probably pick up the games this summer to get a full overview of the canon material. There's still way too many characters I'm not sufficiently familiar with. Really enjoying all the doujins being uploaded on here nonetheless.

I think if I had read the canon manga before the doujinshi, ill probably favor Reimari more than MariAli, but I started reading the whole Touhou Project by accident actaully, i was reading some age-gap one-shots by the tags & i came across meiling x sakura, I told myself ill only read the touhou project that only has the tag age-gap, then i came across marisa x alice age gap, then I was interested them, then I started to read the doujins, then from there I was all over the place reading all of the Touhou Project x( It all started from an age gap tag, damn my love for age gap T_T
you right about the characters there are way too many & I thought Koihime†Musou had hella charcaters, Toucho Project was like to me "B**ch Please I can top them" xD
Before july starts I should be famliar with all of them.

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

aliXmari and yukariXreimu,
there's a rare pairing that i like a lot; remiXpatchy (i'm sorry for koaXpatchy),
and i prefer kaguyaXmokou to terumokou, even if it's less consistent to the game

koaxpatchy are so well together why separate them T_T
I think I want Remi & her sister go together :x But i haven't touch on remi or her sister yet lol

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

kaguya/mokou IS teru/mokou i'm pretty sure cause teruyo is an alternative reading of the kanji i think...

I was wondering why Kaguya is also name Teruyo, Thanks for letting me know (:

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

Keine x Mokou is my favorite canon-esque pairing. It's so often used to convey tragedy and bittersweet endings. If not them, I have a serious thing for Youmu, and Yuyuko x Youmu.

This is how I feel about the whole Youmu, Yuyuko & Yukari situation. You know in strawberry panic, & they made nagisa and Tamao meet each other day one & kinda show Tamao feelings for Nagisa but in the end Shizuma and Nigasa still win many hearts as the prefect couple, even though Tamao was always by Nagisa side? thats how I kinda feel with Youmu, Yuyuko & Yukari. Youmu being Tamoa, Yuyuko being Nagisa, Yukari being shuzuma x)

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thanks, i understand something new, i believed teru was related at the half beast nature of keine (i don't know nothing about jap language)
the neet princess have a lot of name

last edited at May 29, 2013 1:49PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Keine x Mokou, Youmu x Yuyoku, Yuugi x Parsee, Yuuka x Wriggle, Sakuya x Meiling/Remilia and Marisa x Pretty much anyone (she just works well with anyone), those are my fav's

I also love a good crack pair if it's done well, such as my absolute fav Mokou x Mystia

last edited at May 29, 2013 3:22PM

joined May 1, 2013

My favorite is Alice x Marisa, but I like keine x mokou and sakuya x meiling too :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

my bad, I keep on mixing up Yukari & Youmu names because Yukari last name is Yakumo xD Youmo & Yakumo names are too close to each other dammit, all these Y names xD

why do you prefer Yuyuko x Youmu over Yuyuko x Yukari???

Part of it is the difference between them. While Yukari and Yuyuko have a lot in common, and in most doujins a history as well, I think they're too similar to be that interesting. They've both got similar looks, similar positions as heads of households/realms, similar power levels, and even similar flighty/naughty personalities (although Yuyuko wins on the eating front like woah).

With her and Youmu, there are more differences to play off of. Master vs servant, dead vs half-dead, bold vs shy, experinced vs naive, etc. They've also visually much different, which works well in the art. As well, since their interactions take place in a more intimate setting (living together, caring for the realm of the dead, etc.) there's a lot of opportunity for situations to crop up. Plus more chance for teh funneh of course.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Marisa x Alice is my personal favourite. Also like Keine x Mokou, Meiling x Sakuya, and Tojiko x Miko

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

As for Reimari--since I went and read all the canon mangas before getting seriously into Touhou doujin, Reimari just feels so natural to me.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why MariAri is so popular, even though ReiMari has been around for longer?
I'm a fan of MariAri so I'm not complaining, just curious.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

As for Reimari--since I went and read all the canon mangas before getting seriously into Touhou doujin, Reimari just feels so natural to me.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why MariAri is so popular, even though ReiMari has been around for longer?
I'm a fan of MariAri so I'm not complaining, just curious.

That's kind of backwards. Marisa and Reimu never really interacted much on-screen in canon until ZUN started doing manga. Which was several years after Imperishable Night came out, which has Marisa and Alice teaming up

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

That's kind of backwards. Marisa and Reimu never really interacted much on-screen in canon until ZUN started doing manga. Which was several years after Imperishable Night came out, which has Marisa and Alice teaming up

Really? But since Reimu & Marisa is the protagonists and the first playable characters, shouldn't that make them the first Touhou pairing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.