Forum › Collectors discussion

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

I just really hope that this manga is not going to end soon, other wise I'd be very very sad.

joined Jul 8, 2013

God fucking damn it. I just finished reading that new chapter of Fragments of Love and when I started this one I realized that Takako has the same name as one of those idiots over in Fragments of Love and I had to read this whole chapter slightly pissed off and spouting a line of curse words under my breath. I'ma have to reread this one later because it was A FANTASTIC CHAPTER but I really just couldn't enjoy it at all thanks to that lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

God fucking damn it. I just finished reading that new chapter of Fragments of Love and when I started this one I realized that Takako has the same name as one of those idiots over in Fragments of Love and I had to read this whole chapter slightly pissed off and spouting a line of curse words under my breath. I'ma have to reread this one later because it was A FANTASTIC CHAPTER but I really just couldn't enjoy it at all thanks to that lol.

Are you joking?

Please tell me you're joking.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Are you joking?

I don't think its so far fetched. FOr example recently I've watched a movie in which a lovely character dies. less than an hour later I listened to a song in which the name of the character was mentioned, this was a happy song and yet I was extremely sad wit tears running down my eyes.

Our state of mind and experiences dictate how we view what we see and hear, our rational midnd understand these are two unrelated things. yurifan rationally knows this is an excellent chapter but he/she cant dissociate the two experiences because a similitude, merely a name, and a strong connection is made in the brain, this will dissipate in time because its not really important. But stronger experiences may establish a connection to a name forever or for a very rlong time. Example of sexual assault victims who cant stand someone looking like their aggrezsor or someone with the same surname/name.

P.S. Sorry for the typos im on my phone.

last edited at Feb 7, 2015 5:43PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Are you joking?

Some people seem to be really upset by Love and Piece. Also, the Fragments ending. Also, Amano's Feelings. Which I get—they're all difficult stories—but it has been profoundly irritating that certain people seem to believe that if something makes them upset, that something must therefore be poorly written (or bad in some other way). Of course, asking people not to transform their feelings into qualitative judgments is probably a fool's errand (especially on the internet), but I do wish people could at least keep their rage to the relevant threads.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I blame the lesbianhighschoolkyablushfaint and the lookatmyperfectbubbleofrealitylalala type of works. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but they make up the majority of this genre and that's what people have come to expect.

joined Sep 19, 2014

Ah I'm in pure bliss right now, can't connect to this world for the moment I'm on my cloud and will stay there for the moment

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I blame the lesbianhighschoolkyablushfaint and the lookatmyperfectbubbleofrealitylalala type of works. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but they make up the majority of this genre and that's what people have come to expect.

I actually really like when stuff like At the Bottom Of the Stairway To Adulthood subverts that stuff. Or that one of Jin's where they break up, but both get happy endings with other people.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Miniature Garden Cosmos is also pretty great (in which the protagonist just won't care about her oh so popular senpais).
Then again if the writer knows how to play with common clichés, chances are they're good anyway.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Are you joking?

Some people seem to be really upset by Love and Piece. Also, the Fragments ending. Also, Amano's Feelings. Which I get—they're all difficult stories—but it has been profoundly irritating that certain people seem to believe that if something makes them upset, that something must therefore be poorly written (or bad in some other way). Of course, asking people not to transform their feelings into qualitative judgments is probably a fool's errand (especially on the internet), but I do wish people could at least keep their rage to the relevant threads.

The forums have definitely been blowing up lately lmao. I know, I think I may have lite a fuse or two here and there... (Mostly about Feelings I think.) I tend to excuse bad writing quite often but I guess I had high expectations for Feelings precisely because it was focused on older characters NOT in high school and one character annoyed me the most. I'll still finish reading it because it's still a lot better than others I've dropped partway through, thus far. But, YLF definitely needs to cool their jets, that was a bit much for no reason.

Also, this is Collectors, one of the better series on here (in my honest opinion). So maybe we should to try to refocus the convo away from the blowups in Fragments and Feelings no? (Just a suggestion :) )

I actually really like when stuff like At the Bottom Of the Stairway To Adulthood subverts that stuff. Or that one of Jin's where they break up, but both get happy endings with other people.

What do you mean but subverting??
(I'd ask in PM but we don't have that feature here sadly =( )

Also, does anyone know how far into volume 2 Collectors is? And... how is it doing? I'd love to own a physical copy one day.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 12:58AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Also, does anyone know how far into volume 2 Collectors is? And... how is it doing? I'd love to own a physical copy one day.

I'm not Nez (obviously) but I think we've got the same thing in mind (correct me if I'm wrong!). Subverting as in playing with common plotlines and clichés, giving them new twists or different perspectives, therefore defying the reader's expectations which makes a much more interesting story.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 1:14AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm not Nez (obviously) but I think we've got the same thing in mind (correct me if I'm wrong!). Subverting as in playing with common plotlines and clichés, giving them new twists or different perspectives, therefore defying the reader's expectations which makes a much more interesting story.

Ah okay, I had figured that is what Nez meant but was not sure. I went and reread the oneshot mentioned in their post but I didn't quite pick up on the subverting stuff.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Don't know. The author's blog only contains links to pixiv and twitter and I didn't really see anything about Collectors there. Amazon doesn't list them as authors in the latest issue of Le Paradis, but that isn't saying much as they aren't listed in the issues they definitely contributed to either. Only saw them mentioned in the comments of the first issue of Le Paradis. They seem to have another story published recently, tonari no robot. That's all I could find.

E: I only did a quick search and looked very cursorily.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 5:36AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Don't know. The author's blog only contains links to pixiv and twitter and I didn't really see anything about Collectors there. Amazon doesn't list them as authors in the latest issue of Le Paradis, but that isn't saying much as they aren't listed in the issues they definitely contributed to either. Only saw them mentioned in the comments of the first issue of Le Paradis. They seem to have another story published recently, tonari no robot. That's all I could find.

E: I only did a quick search and looked very cursorily.

No announcement yet on Vol. 2. Looks like the series will still be in the next issue of Rakuen, though: http://www.hakusensha.co.jp/rakuen/vol17/

joined Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the info you two (or lack there of lol =( ). We have he first chapter of what I assume is volume 2 up but, after that recent release, I started doubting haha. Either way, I'd just love to see more of these two.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Also, does anyone know how far into volume 2 Collectors is? And... how is it doing? I'd love to > own a physical copy one day.

Volume 16 of Rakuen had chapter 21 of Collectors in it. The magazine comes out three times a year, with the next issue due out later this month, and usually has 1-2 chapters of Collectors in it (it's been a while since an issue had 2, though).
Collectors volume 1 had chapters 1-12 plus extras, so if volume 2 is going to have chapters 13-25 or so, it might be a while before it's announced. Rakuen lists upcoming tankoubon on their site, which was linked above, so you could keep an eye out for it there.

You can always find a current listing of Collectors chapters on Lililicious's Rakuen project page, if you scroll down.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Oh sweet! Thanks for the information pkChinensis! Will drop by your page :)

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Love how forward and honest Takako is. Not in the kind of way that would make you feel uncomfortable, imo. Just knows what she wants and is up front about it. The confidence is quite sexy.

i liked this story ...ps. damn bro OE san sure knows how to cock block

I think you mean twat-swat. :P

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Now this WAS a great chapter, Collectors has shoot straight up into my list of best yuri.

Such a great mouth washer after Fragments of Love, damn.

Agreed.

I think you mean twat-swat. :P

Or clam-jam.

joined Apr 26, 2014

Love it . Next please

joined May 2, 2014

Such cute couple , one of the nieces Yuri stores out there More more more

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 6:06AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Dammit, I was posting in the forum, saw this thread updated, and rushed to the release page -_-.. I was so excited to see another update of this awesome series. Will have to wait for it now... however!! I totally agree, it's a very interesting but cute couple.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Poor Naomi!

last edited at May 2, 2015 12:54PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sushi-boat sized shoes!!! XD....

MAN-sized shoes!!! Oh damn did that make me LAUGH!!! XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.