Forum › Collectors discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

poor Naomi xDDD

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

hahaha! soooo cute! takako trying to get shinobu jealous!!! :)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Shinobu panicked for no reason, Takako's father is pretty simple/regular guy.
Takako is actually the one running calling the shots etc when it comes to the family business.

One thing I noticed was how she was panicky about meeting the father. That suggests they never met and the two gals have been dating for quite some time IIRC.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Shinobu panicked for no reason, Takako's father is pretty simple/regular guy.
Takako is actually the one running calling the shots etc when it comes to the family business.

One thing I noticed was how she was panicky about meeting the father. That suggests they never met and the two gals have been dating for quite some time IIRC.

It was "her father's here unexpectedly" plus "Takako is acting oddly standoffish". So nothing as simple as meeting her dad, although it does leave the question of whether they have met at some point, or for that matter whether Shinobu has met Takako's brother.

For that matter, have we had any insight into Shinobu's family at all?

joined Mar 23, 2013

It was "her father's here unexpectedly" plus "Takako is acting oddly standoffish". So nothing as simple as meeting her dad, although it does leave the question of whether they have met at some point, or for that matter whether Shinobu has met Takako's brother.

But the fact that she worried about her clothes really screams "first impression". Do remember that this is the Shinobu that does not care at all what she wears, the fact that It's now important really points out to "ok time to show myself in the best possible light".

It's weird because, I'm pretty sure that Takako has been out to her family ( I do remember some scene with the brother ) and they don't seem to mind. Maybe they live quite a distance away? Still it's weird they haven't interacted over the years.

I don't remember anything about her family at all now that you mention it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But the fact that she worried about her clothes really screams "first impression". Do remember that this is the Shinobu that does not care at all what she wears, the fact that It's now important really points out to "ok time to show myself in the best possible light".

It's weird because, I'm pretty sure that Takako has been out to her family ( I do remember some scene with the brother ) and they don't seem to mind. Maybe they live quite a distance away? Still it's weird they haven't interacted over the years.

I don't remember anything about her family at all now that you mention it.

Well, "parents of your significant other" is an important position in Japan. You need to meet them before marriage, make a good impression when dating, that sort of thing. So to show up dressed at your worst really isn't a good idea.

But in context, it's possible Shinobu is expecting something serious happened since she's acting weird when her dad's visiting. So even more, it would be bad showing up looking like a vagrant and she doesn't know how to address him, not knowing the situation.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yes, I've been eager

joined Oct 16, 2013

Naomi seriously needs to start wondering why she's friends with these people.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Naomi seriously needs to start wondering why she's friends with these people.

Wat

heartbreak3r
joined Apr 29, 2013

I really like the stories <3

joined Feb 1, 2013

Honestly, these two... They're both such dorks. But then, they're basically the definition of "adorkable" as a couple.

I always enjoy reading the new chapters of this. The storytelling is great, and it's probably the best "non-moe" art style I've seen on a consistent basis. Can't wait for more chapters.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Well, "parents of your significant other" is an important position in Japan. You need to meet them before marriage, make a good impression when dating, that sort of thing. So to show up dressed at your worst really isn't a good idea.

Not just in Japan. I remember one of the biggest stumbling blocks with getting my Thai in-laws' blessing wasn't that they didn't like me but that I didn't put enough effort into impressing them. To put it in perspective, meeting the future in-laws is like trying to sell yourself in a highly competitive job interview, even when you think you're the only candidate.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Didn't you worry that I might be cheating on you?

(Looks at her)

(Looks at the shoes)

-With your dad!?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

(Looks at her)

(Looks at the shoes)

-With your dad!?

Pretty sure she didn't expect Shinobu to realize whose shoes they were, just that they were a men's pair. Since she's usually pretty dense when it comes to fashion.

joined Mar 30, 2012

(Looks at her)

(Looks at the shoes)

-With your dad!?

^ what I thought too.

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

This is such a great series. I'm glad that we're finally being shown more of the early days of their relationship, it's good to know that they were just as cute and awkward before they became the married couple we know and love..

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

ARGH, JUST MOVE TOGETHER ALREADY, YOU COUPLE OF DORKS
YOU'RE KILLING ME SLOWLY

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

That was incredibly beautiful, I love it 100%

joined Jan 8, 2014

This is such a great series. I'm glad that we're finally being shown more of the early days of their relationship, it's good to know that they were just as cute and awkward before they became the married couple we know and love..

Yeah the early parts just make them as a couple so much better ^_^

last edited at May 20, 2015 7:20PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

How'd that happen, Shinobu? "Well, Takako and I were watching Saki and talking about IPS cells, and one thing led to another" #sciencebabies

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The very idea of Collectors science babies is about the most wonderful thing I've heard of in ages.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It'd even be real science babies not those fake magic ones!

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loved this last chapter. <3 Science babies is always a fun topic. :D

starsaber123
Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

How is it possible for this manga to continue to be this awesome every chapter? Must be some kind of sorcery!

joined May 1, 2013

I know she's not even one of the lesbians, but can Naomi just take over as main character? She super rules.

To reply you must either login or sign up.