Forum › Anime season

joined Dec 8, 2016

Delicious Party♡Precure episode 3 had a princess carry and some affectionate staring during said carry.

Also, this is news is a few weeks old now, but it is very likely that when the Bleach anime comes back the Bleach light novels would also be adapted. This would mean we would get more material of Soi Fon loving Yoruichi (most of the more obvious crushing from the first anime was filler...except for the spying on her showering). These include several instances where characters refer to Soi Fon's crush on Yoruichi (here's some highlights:https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/ha4uhx/comment/fv40jvo/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

Bah. Yoruichi is pretty darn straight. Her and Urahara are pretty an item without Kubo making it clear with a sledgehammer. Damn you, Kubo.

I read the entire TYBW arc and Soifon reaction to Yoruichi little brother led me to believe that she's into dark skin. moreso than her being lesbian. Damn you, Kubo. (Again)

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Just found out that the song used in episode 7 of akebi-chan is "Cherry" by spitz, which just reminded me how much I wanted the AdaShima anime to have a cover of a song by spitz (don't remember the name right now) that they sing on the karaoke chapter of the light novel but sadly they didn't in the anime... well at least I got to hear a different anime cover a different song by them ^^;;

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 3:06PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Next season, next season:

I would expect more of the same from Machikado, Ikkitousen, and Nijigasaki

The Executioner and Her Way of Life is a (edgy, action-focused) yuri series

Black Rock Shooter is being written by a guy that really likes lesbians and already has a yandere moment in the PV

RPG Real Estate is a Kirara series. In the bit of the manga I read, the two older girls seemed couple-y

Birdie Wing has an almost entirely female cast, and one of the leads is described as fascinated with the other. Looks like a pretty bombastic drama, though, so who knows how romantic it'll be

Estab-Life has a heavily female cast, and a director that's pretty much entirely worked on yuri-adjacent anime

Healer Girl is all-female. Has arguably the worst writer in the industry working on it, though

Shachiku-san has no males in it's cast, but most of said cast is tiny little ghost lolis

For honorable mentions there's Kunoichi Tsubaki which is about het but has no males in the cast (might be shippable?), and Summer Time Rendering which includes a lesbian, even if that aspect of her character is irrelevant 99% of the time though the epilogue could be read as indicating that she gets her girl

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The Executioner and Her Way of Life is a (edgy, action-focused) yuri series

One quite familiar to a lot of us.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I had to go and spoil myself ep10 of Princess Connect s2, because it was really hard for me to enjoy the silly goofiness and all the cute girls when Caryl was suffering alone and seeing everything slowly crashing down, and it was good because precisely in ep10 you get the breaking point.

Plus I was getting tired of the "queen" smug face doing whatever she wanted... and precisely at ep10 it changes, I'm glad I don't had to wait until the very last episode.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I just hope we can get s3 of PriCon with more SoL shenigans.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

An Anime called "Do it yourself!" has a trailer now https://youtu.be/agdkkrbzGd0 looks like cute girls doing some pro crafting... The animation looks nice or more like the artstyle.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Next season, next season:

Estab-Life has a heavily female cast, and a director that's pretty much entirely worked on yuri-adjacent anime

First 2 eps are up on CR. Some heavy undertones and the only male character is a wolf who can't speak.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh! It turns out I completely spaced out MagiReco finishing up and this original CGDCT series called Onipan. Also it turns out that Ikkitousen is only going to have three episodes in the middle of the season

First 2 eps are up on CR. Some heavy undertones and the only male character is a wolf who can't speak.

I feel like you're understating things? The main character seemed pretty openly interested in romancing her blonde friend in what I watched of it. ...Pity the show's not actually good, though

joined Jan 1, 2014

Oh! It turns out I completely spaced out MagiReco finishing up and this original CGDCT series called Onipan. Also it turns out that Ikkitousen is only going to have three episodes in the middle of the season

I feel like you're understating things? The main character seemed pretty openly interested in romancing her blonde friend in what I watched of it. ...Pity the show's not actually good, though

yeah, that was before ep2,

joined Jan 1, 2014

Demon girl next door S2 airs today

This is not a drill.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i just watched Birdie Wing ep.1 and it's so weird?
it clearly wants to be a sports drama about golf but the way it's set up and framed you'd think you're watching a spy flick ala james bond sometimes xD

also holy shit i forgot how fast everyone talks in Demon girl next door. i almost feel like i have to watch on 0.75 so i don't have to pause repeatedly to catch all the subtitles xD

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Looks like Executioner and Her Way of Life is off to a good start! Hopefully the quality is maintained throughout the season. It would be good if it can be a top show this season so we can hopefully get even more action yuri anime.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

The Executioner and Her Way of Life has been great so far, it's just sad that the Anime got review bombed on MAL by the incels angry because that random guy was killed in the first episode, the Anime is with a lower score than it deserves

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Pingoloco posted:

The Executioner and Her Way of Life has been great so far, it's just sad that the Anime got review bombed on MAL by the incels angry because that random guy was killed in the first episode, the Anime is with a lower score than it deserves

LOL the same happened with the manga, the comments were hilarious... they were really pissed that they lost their isekai harem overpowered main guy number #19425

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, most things this season are out, including pretty much everything relevant to this site:

Birdie Wing is a sports anime with the tone of a gambling manga. Yuri level is thus far unclear, but probably worth checking out if you liked Kakegurui

MagiReco S3 was pretty solid, even if it didn't do much on the yuri front

BRS Dawn Fall seems to be primarily an ontological mystery; the world is very strange, and the appeal of the show is figuring out what happened to make it that way

Machikado S2 has been quite enjoyable. I've come across someone who's convinced that it's going to be slow and padded, but 'slow' is the opposite of how I'd describe the first episode

The Executioner and Her Way of Life seems solid. And it turns out that the manga skipped like 60% of the material

Nijigasaki is back

RPG Real Estate is kinda bad? Probably best used alongside Machikado as a case study on what does and doesn't work in these sort of anime

Shachiku-san is boring

they were really pissed that they lost their isekai harem overpowered main guy number #19425

No, no, they were angry that isekai harem overpowered main guy number #19425 got killed by a girl. They were quite specific about that

joined Jan 6, 2017

What about Healer Girl? I saw a couple screenshots and that looked gay. Haven't had the time to watch it yet
It is made by 3Hz who have a pretty good track record (Flip Flappers, Princess Principal, and SAO Alternative) as far as yuri stuff goes so I'm a bit hopeful

joined Jun 21, 2021

Healer Girl is definitely neat looking. Pretty visuals, great singing&music. How deep the plot is remains to be seen but there's definitely lots of potential there.
You gotta like the amount of singing though. If it annoys you when Disney movie or musical characters spontaneously bust out a song, it's prob not for you.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Healer Girl

Oops, completely spaced that one out. Yeah, there is some yuri there. I personally couldn't get into it, but a lot of other people seem to love it. Given the writer's track record, I wouldn't expect any real plot or character depth, but if you want a cute musical I guess it's fine

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 10:09PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Healer Girl was solid for me, but I love musicals, so that was almost expected. Hoping for a good episodic Yuri musical anime.

Shachiku just made me a weird mix of depressed and charmed, cause it was cute but the premise is pretty dark.

RPG Real Estate went too hard on the fan service for me. I got through the first episode, and will give it one or two more to see if it tones down just for the Yuri.

Birdie Wing started off great…until the underground section and the craziness set in. If it had kept the seriousness without the odd shot names it would’ve been great.

joined Jun 21, 2021

RPG Real Estate might be fanservicey moeblob mediocrity but it's still more overtly gay than like 90% of all the other moeblob CGDCT anime xD

Kotone: You're so good at cooking Rakira-san! I can see you get married soon!
Rakira: T-That's...!
Rufuria:

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ohhhh well would you look at that~
But maybe I should just jump to the manga from the start haha

I was really excited for onipan! but found out it's a short anime, not even 5 minutes per episode...

Upcoming anime looks nice https://youtu.be/OI9arsRlNJU

Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei (Management of Novice Alchemist) coming soon Fall 2022

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

But maybe I should just jump to the manga from the start haha

I think the manga is better, but it's not licensed and all of like three chapters have been scanlated, so good luck with that

I was really excited for onipan! but found out it's a short anime, not even 5 minutes per episode...

But airing weekdays, with compiled episodes later. Still short, but not that short

Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei (Management of Novice Alchemist) coming soon Fall 2022

Ah, yes, the Atelier game without the game part

joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm a little sad Executioner's Way of Life ep.3 didn't adapt the scene where Menou figuratively forces herself into the Red Knight to get to the core, would've been neat to see those visuals animated.

Also is it just me or did Menou and Akari seem way more affectionate in the manga? The way they sat on top of the train at the end of the respective chapter was really cute but they changed that in the anime too :thinking_face:

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alert! Blood type blue.........It's an anime!

I'm conflicted, I'm happy with new yuri anime but on the other hand, I dropped this manga in the first chapter because I found everyone unlikable lo/ (like how the protagonist was forced into work one day and the rest were mad that she didn't know how to work without giving instructions lol) and never was able to take that sour first impression... Maybe I should watch it and skip the first episode? we will see!

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 10:29AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.