Forum › Touhou Drunken Butterfly Flower ~ Lotus Eaters' Sobering discussion

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Scammer WaHH Reimu is back!

joined Jul 22, 2014

Oh dear, Reimu gonna pay for the repairs!

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Wasn't suika playing the oni for setsubun in WaHH? This seems like a sudden change in opinion

Yep and she was really disappointed when there were no beans thrown at her while Kasen hated beans. So Meh, I'll guess continuity is not big in Touhou anyway

Could it be that this takes place before WaHH? And maybe we will see in the next few chapters how Suika grows to like setsubun.

joined Nov 8, 2021

Wasn't suika playing the oni for setsubun in WaHH? This seems like a sudden change in opinion

Yep and she was really disappointed when there were no beans thrown at her while Kasen hated beans. So Meh, I'll guess continuity is not big in Touhou anyway

Could it be that this takes place before WaHH? And maybe we will see in the next few chapters how Suika grows to like setsubun.

Usually the time when the manga and games were released is the timeline they are following. But this inconsistency of suika seems out of place if WHH came before.

joined May 11, 2021

Absolutely love Aya. She is smart and a badass tengu. Plus a little evil

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 2:59AM

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Suika is too wholesome for this world.

Kimeemaru moment too.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Are beans nowadays still prone to being poisonous? E.g. potatoes dont pose a threat anymore in modern days, since they have been bred to contain as little poison as possible. You would really need to eat a lot of them to get any effects. And youd die from over eating in the first place. I know gensokyo is more old fashioned though.

joined Mar 20, 2022

So Sannyo gets into a print work before any of the WBaWC touhous, for shame.

last edited at May 9, 2022 5:39PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

What happened to pg. 13?

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

So Sannyo gets into a print work before any of the WBaWC touhous, for shame.

I mean, the only reasonable ones would be Eika and maybe Urumi and with a really big slight maybe to Kutaka? But being in a completely different hell that needs you to access regular hell to reach Gensokyo would be a big hassle. Especially since I don't think any of the animal realm leaders would leave since Keiki is around. (Let's just ignore Yuuma whose hanging out with Okina in the blood pools.)

Edit: But I have to agree. Sannyo is one of the characters I least expected to be explored in

last edited at May 9, 2022 10:09PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Where can you get that finely shredded tobacco from chapter 29? Kiseru pipes are easy enough to find on eBay and etsy, but not the tobacco for them.

Sem%20t%c3%adtulo-1
joined Sep 14, 2015

Where can you get that finely shredded tobacco from chapter 29? Kiseru pipes are easy enough to find on eBay and etsy, but not the tobacco for them.

Those look like the standart pipe tobbaco you get in bags from any online or physical tobbaco shop, some brands come in cans or boxes tho, but the idea is the same

joined Jun 5, 2018

Arent onis in touhou said to be honest if nothing else? How come they said the onis did not keep their words?

2022-09-04%2010_34_23-cirno,%20fujiwara%20no%20mokou,%20rumia,%20kamishirasawa%20keine,%20mystia%20lorelei,%20and%203%20more
joined Aug 10, 2022

I'm wondering if Reimu just misread the situation, and what actually happened is the guy was a terrible gambler and lost without even making that basic trio.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I'm wondering if Reimu just misread the situation, and what actually happened is the guy was a terrible gambler and lost without even making that basic trio.

That would fit the narrative of Reimu being stupid here

joined Feb 29, 2020

While Crab and Persimmon aren't actually deadly when eaten together. But considering Gensokyo, better be safe than sorry.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Those look like the standart pipe tobbaco you get in bags from any online or physical tobbaco shop, some brands come in cans or boxes tho, but the idea is the same

It does look like normal tobacco in the manga, but what Mamizou describes it as is the finely shredded, hair-like tobacco used with kiseru. Which she says is hard to get in the outside world nowadays. Which is true. Hence my search.

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

First Nitori and now even Reimu...Marisa can't catch a break from her friends.

Love the detailed translator's notes at the end of the chapters, they add a lot to my understanding and enjoyment. The music recs are fun too!

joined Jul 24, 2018

Oni spotted...it's probably not her, but it would be cool if a certain hermit showed up

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

The translation notes are more suspenseful than the story itself...

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The translation notes are more suspenseful than the story itself...

Personally, I've never picked up glass with bread. And I only relinquish the concept of bread when I'm legally obligated to, like at Subway

20230217_205910
joined Nov 21, 2022

It does look like normal tobacco in the manga, but what Mamizou describes it as is the finely shredded, hair-like tobacco used with kiseru. Which she says is hard to get in the outside world nowadays. Which is true. Hence my search.

The tobacco you are looking for if you haven't found some already is shag

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

On this issue, the Meguchima fans has won

joined Feb 29, 2020

Aya Before: Yay I gonna get Hit News Scoop!
Aya After: Oh fucking it's my boss... shit... if I make this scoop shit gonna back fire... oh fucking god.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Love it!
Its quite interesting seeing Megumu making her appearance here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.