Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Jun 3, 2014

I feel like Sensei is going to actually die

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

There's so much gay in this chapter, my skin is clear, my crops are watered. Delicious.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Am I misunderstanding the translator? We are well into vol 5, but they said something about vol. 4 releasing?

Chapters 29 onward have been ripped from the MangaONE app. I touched them up as best I could, but they're significantly lower quality than what's in the volume releases. Volume 4 is out on the 18th and should contain chapters 29-38.

I don't feel right leaving those chapters in their current state, so I intend to go back when I have time and re-upload them. The translation shouldn't change, maybe some adjustments to grammar or word choice, but the art will look as clean as chapters 1-28. Probably won't happen too soon, but I'm honestly excited to do it. I did something similar for 9-28 when I translated chapters 1-8. I just love this manga.

I share the sentiment that this manga is good and am admiring your effort. Thanks for the clarification.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

another teacher threw up blood because of a stress ulcer, and sensei is not feeling too good while thinking about all the ways Satsuki causes trouble and winding himself up when he realises just how much the other staff members look down on her. I don't like where this foreshadowing is taking us.

Satsuki is going to kill this man with a stress ulcer and it's not going to be pretty.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wowie they upped the yuri this chapter. Reminds me of that tall gf lifting smol gf meme haha

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

My toxic trait is that i want someone to die so they can believe her

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Well at least if sensei does get attacked, he might finally realize satsuki’s never been lying.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

It finally looks like we'll learn more about Komachi's dark side. She's like a mascot character and Satsuki is attracted to her, so it's easy to give her a pass for her usual thoughts being an enigma. Spoilers / reminders for CHAPTER ONE follows:

Komachi was cursed at first for some reason, and "Komachi Komako should have died" says chapter one. Her hairclips look like demon horns, which for an angelically calm girl is a massive warning flag. After Komachi, most of the later attempted murders were connected to the student council. Now that multiple people can see the dead within the same school, and they're in a twisted showdown, Komachi is more and more suspicious. Either she was supposed to die for cosmic justice (a murderer), or she's somehow instigated the death-sight death-match itself, or both. Komachi is on the student council as secretary, so she makes sense as an accessory but with the fate stuff she doesn't fit as a first target.

This yuri is nerve-wracking, but Satsuki clearly isn't going to move on from this girl anytime soon. Komachi may not be an obvious yandere but she's not very responsive either. Scary.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 6:18PM

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Are we one hundred percent sure that it's the dude that has the ability and not our sus girl komachi?!

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

the author has done such a great job of making komachi a mystery, there are hints here and there but she's so enigmatic i have no idea if she's just a bit eccentric or possibly the big bad of the whole series

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Are we one hundred percent sure that it's the dude that has the ability and not our sus girl komachi?!

Actually, i was thinking it’s probably the Vice President with the vision, and Kai is covering for her for some reason.

If komachi could see the corpses, then why wouldn’t she have tried to prevent her own death back in ch1? We know people with the vision can see their own. While she’s not the most well adjusted person, she hasn’t displayed any suicidal tendencies this far.

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 1:27AM

joined Mar 25, 2019

Few things I’m not clear on. Has the prez been doing this since before that first oil incident? It’s said he cleaned up the school and troublemakers started disappearing. If he has, why hasn’t satsuki noticed before? Or does that mean she did notice but failed to stop these murders? But then why didn’t anyone? A school where students kept dying must be suspicious, no? Unless his previous methods didn’t involve anyone dying. But if that’s the case why the sudden change to murder?

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 4:55AM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Haven't seen this one before and oh boy. The premise is wild. Assaulting someone's kid to attempt to drown him in order to save him from choking on a dumpling? I only wish I was even half as creative when it came to writing.

I feel it got maybe a bit tamer towards the end, and I'm for more exploration on some of these characters (like Komachi). Though it genuinely surprises me that people (including the teachers) insist on blaming her for everything when she, on multiple occasions even, have been witnessed to put her life in danger to save others; hell, she even got an award for it.
Also, gotta say, this school is cursed man, with just how many deaths would've happened if it wasn't for our MC.
Also also, I'm guessing the scene in the beginning and the dream she had midway through hints at the story's climax? Like, a massacre'll happen because of Satsuki, somehow. Maybe the grim reaper taking his due after all the lives saved by her? Idk how many chapters there are planned to be.

On an unrelated note. I don't really feel there's much yuri in here? It's pretty subtext in my eyes. But I don't really care, the whole ride is really enjoyable.

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 6:14AM

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I think this gal should just ollie out of the school district with her bestie; place is too stressful for her- she'll end up bald

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I feel like Sensei is going to actually die

Yeah, it seems like it might be a heart attack from his stress and smoking habits. Maybe this is why Komachi tried to stop Satsuki? Who knows, if he does really die, it might be a wake up call for Satsuki that trying to take the offensive in helping others won't always have the outcome she intends.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Few things I’m not clear on. Has the prez been doing this since before that first oil incident? It’s said he cleaned up the school and troublemakers started disappearing. If he has, why hasn’t satsuki noticed before? Or does that mean she did notice but failed to stop these murders? But then why didn’t anyone? A school where students kept dying must be suspicious, no? Unless his previous methods didn’t involve anyone dying. But if that’s the case why the sudden change to murder?

Satsuki's a 2nd year, Prez is a 3rd year, and the cleanup happened in his 1st year. So Satsuki wasn't enrolled yet. It's still dubious whether he killed those students or handled it some other way but that's Kai in general. We've been given very little concrete details about him. Definitely evil, but probably more grey than Satsuki thinks.

There's still plenty of ongoing mysteries, but if there actually had been a death epidemic at this school 2 years ago, people would likely react even worse than usual to Satsuki claiming someone's going to die every week. We know she's made a reputation for clumsily saving people long before the story started, but Miho seems to be Kai's first attempted murder while Satsuki was around.

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

pretty good shounen tbh

indexoutofbounds
48462207_p0_master1200%20michairu%20yuuki%20yuuna%20togo%20kiss%20cropped%20avatar%20small
joined Nov 16, 2017

A yuri manga about forensic pathology
Count me in

indexoutofbounds
48462207_p0_master1200%20michairu%20yuuki%20yuuna%20togo%20kiss%20cropped%20avatar%20small
joined Nov 16, 2017

I like how her eyelashes are 20 cm long

indexoutofbounds
joined Nov 16, 2017

Dang this turned into eugenics real quick

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

Anyone else getting the feeling that Komachi might be a devil/demon?

The potentially symbolic foreshadowing of her hair clips aside, she randomly comes out with these lines that almost seem aimed at getting Satsuki to make a morally gray decision.

last edited at Mar 13, 2022 9:53PM

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

"Now we can both see out together!"
- Homies in literal closet

joined Mar 25, 2019

It is interesting how the narrator, who’s most likely Satsuki from the future, only referred to her stopping Komachi’s destined death as the one that broke the gears of fate. Afaik she’s never said “X should have died” about anyone other than Komachi and it didn’t seem like a throwaway dramatic comment. The “should” is carrying a lot of weight there too. Is it because Komachi is special or is every destined death that was denied going to have some sort of consequence? If yes then what about the prez? Is causing a destined death breaks fate in the same way as preventing one? I feel that that’s the only direction the story can go to truly challenge Satsuki’s (and Prez’s) almost dogmatic beliefs. I still think Komachi is special in some way though.

Weirdly enough Komachi presented a third option early on to Satsuki. She could just choose apathy or a more egotistical solution and not get involved at all. I wonder why Komachi out of all people thought this way though. She clearly doesn’t lack in empathy, it’s the reason they became friends.

And of course there’s the question of wether or not the author really has thought it through that far from the first chapter. The first chapter has the most foreshadowing out of any we’ve seen. But it wouldn’t be the first time someone foreshadowed things in a story without really knowing how that story is going to develop to that stage or set up mysteries without really knowing the answer themselves. Like is the classroom full of bodies really going to play a part in the future or is it just a shocking introduction for the readers?

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 3:19PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

I decided to just put this in a separate post. Shiina’s death wasn’t the only one being manipulated, Seo’s was as well. Has it ever been confirmed that it was also prez? Because he seemed to genuinely not have known. There was a long light haired girl that talked to Seo which, I assume, changed the time of death. It could be vice prez or it could be Komachi. But what would be Komachi’s motive and could she have deduced the situation since Akira and Satsuki were acting in secret? She didn’t seem to believe Akira’s excuse at the time. I think if Komachi was yandere for Satsuki we may have a motive since in both times she tried to interfere, assuming that she did in Seo’s case, both victims bullied Satsuki, it would also tie in to why she encouraged Satsuki to be more selfish.

After looking at it for a few minutes. I really don’t think it’s the vice. Her hair looks different. And it would be more natural for a fellow classmate to ask Seo to talk. If a 3rd year and the vice president to boot suddenly accosted you, I think Seo and her friends would be more surprised. Also at this point the prez didn’t know Satsuki has the power that he has so, if it was his plan to kill Seo, it wouldn’t make sense to suddenly change the time of death since the only reason you would do so is to outplay Satsuki. Meanwhile at this point Komachi should know that Satsuki has some sort of ability to predict death, that Satsuki would sacrifice herself to prevent one even for someone who bullies her, and she knows that Satsuki and Akira have been snooping around near the the room and she might have been eavesdropping even before she revealed herself.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Anyone else getting the feeling that Komachi might be a devil/demon?

The potentially symbolic foreshadowing of her hair clips aside, she randomly comes out with these lines that almost seem aimed at getting Satsuki to make a morally gray decision.

It's probably worth mentioning the publisher recently referred to Komachi as the "dark heroine."

Also they do these neat color panels to advertise new chapters.

text

I decided to just put this in a separate post. Shiina’s death wasn’t the only one being manipulated, Seo’s was as well. Has it ever been confirmed that it was also prez? Because he seemed to genuinely not have known. There was a long light haired girl that talked to Seo which, I assume, changed the time of death. It could be vice prez or it could be Komachi. But what would be Komachi’s motive and could she have deduced the situation since Akira and Satsuki were acting in secret? She didn’t seem to believe Akira’s excuse at the time. I think if Komachi was yandere for Satsuki we may have a motive since in both times she tried to interfere, assuming that she did in Seo’s case, both victims bullied Satsuki, it would also tie in to why she encouraged Satsuki to be more selfish.

The light haired girl used "Seo-san." Komachi makes a habit of referring to almost everybody as "given name-chan." Except in 1 other case: Akira, who she calls "Atou-san." It got played off as a joke in chapter 30, but between that and the weird look she gave Akira in 27 (also the first time she even acknowledges her in that scene), it struck an odd chord. Which to be fair happens a lot with Komachi.

If it was her with Seo, maybe that's how she talks to people she doesn't like. But then why Akira? Because of Satsuki? And why not Miho? There's not too much to go off of for this theory yet, but it's worth keeping in mind. I want to believe Komachi has good intentions but I don't trust her to be a pure victim. She's a little too proactive in influencing Satsuki, which of course our hero is oblivious to.

Something else about chapter 27 that stood out: Komachi doesn't make any attempt to hide she was ordered to keep watch on Satsuki and Akira. It made me start to wonder if she's even on the student council's side. Like with everything, the girl's an enigma.

To reply you must either login or sign up.