Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

joined May 28, 2018

By the way, there seem to be several who disagree with my opinion that Tongtong's mother is a whore, disregarding the fact that she almost had her daughter abused by a degenerate. Shit, if he had really raped her the situation would have been much worse. I think the manga treats that situation too lightly.

"Tong tong almost got raped, it's her mother's fault. It's all because she chose to date assholes. If she had given nice guys like me a chance, that would have never happened at all!"

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 9:42AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

And now Tongtong's mom will give advice to them..... I have a very bad feeling. I feel like it will make things even worse. Being the liberal woman that she is, she could hardly empathize with the problems of a responsible mother.

By the way, there seem to be several who disagree with my opinion that Tongtong's mother is a whore, disregarding the fact that she almost had her daughter abused by a degenerate. Shit, if he had really raped her the situation would have been much worse. I think the manga treats that situation too lightly.

true incel talk

joined Aug 1, 2018

Holy shit, they're actually talking to an adult about their serious problem. That NEVER happens in manga, especially not yuri manga.

joined Jun 11, 2016

"Tong tong almost got raped, it's her mother's fault. It's all because she chose to date assholes. If she had given nice guys like me a chance, that would have never happened at all!"

I laughed way too hard at these. Please people, keep roasting the bastard.

Also why do we not have a report button for times like these?

Anw Tong Tong's mom is amazing, glad they turned to her for help.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 10:36AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

and kicked the dude to the curb right away rather than not believing her daughter or being in denial about it.

I feel like that's putting it lightly. Didn't she immediately go and outright beat the shit out of him upon finding out about it?

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Holy shit, they're actually talking to an adult about their serious problem. That NEVER happens in manga, especially not yuri manga.

Yeh, this is one aspect that blew my mind the 1st time I saw it. It rarely happens, especially not in manga. It's seriously refreshing to finally see characters use a modicum of common sense, really missed that about this medium. It helps elevate this manhua to new heights for me. :)

joined Jul 26, 2016

and kicked the dude to the curb right away rather than not believing her daughter or being in denial about it.

I feel like that's putting it lightly. Didn't she immediately go and outright beat the shit out of him upon finding out about it?

To say the least. Mommy's going out for a bit.

joined Jun 9, 2018

Jesus! why are there so many users defending Tongtong's mom??? Are they really so misleading about parenthood that they're willing to overlook something as serious as child abuse?!?! what the hell???

joined Jul 26, 2016

Jesus! why are there so many users defending Tongtong's mom??? Are they really so misleading about parenthood that they're willing to overlook something as serious as child abuse?!?! what the hell???

Maybe because you keep insisting on blaming the entirely wrong party?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

The real question is why you're acting like Tongtong's mom knew the guy was a piece of shit. She very obviously didn't and took care of the situation immediately upon finding out.

What, should she put Tongtong into a bubble and never let her interact with anyone out of fear that they could potentially be a bad person?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe because you keep insisting on blaming the entirely wrong party?

Forget it, folks--this is the person who thinks Mei in Citrus is widely sexually experienced (and may be pregnant) and that the relationship between Yuu and Touko in YagaKimi is definitely headed for infidelity. (And who finds NTR under every seat cushion in a yuri story.)

It probably won't matter how many times we say it, but--TongTong's mom did not "overlook child abuse." As soon as she found out that her boyfriend came on to TongTong, she broke up with him, beat the crap out of him, threatened him with death, and changed her dating habits in order to protect her daughter.

Those are the facts as the story presents them, despite any Cloud-Cuckoo-Land ethical judgements anyone may be making.

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Child abuse? The mom never did anything but be as caring and suportive of her daughter as she could.

Yes, she unintentionaly was involved into a very bad incident of her daughters life when she choose to put her trust in the wrong person, cause she is a human being and thus capable of commiting mistakes, but she immediately corrected said mistake the moment she was aware of the situation. She literaly went to the asshole's workplace, beat the shit out of him and got him fired. She then proceded to not ever bring any future date to her home just in case.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 12:14PM

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Man, It's so rare to see common sense in fiction stories (especially romance), like Tontong and Xiao Lu actually talking about the problems in their relationship and how to solve it or the fact that the first thing that come to Tongtong's mind when having a problem she can't solve is to call her mom, an adult. It's really rare considering this is a yuri romance manwha.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 11:40AM

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Yikes, the absolute state of the comments re the parents.
I kinda don't really wanna get involved with the war on which mum is better, I said my piece regards that in the past: ↓

I am seeing a lot of comments praising one mom and discrediting the other.
This is no good, neither mom are perfect. Both care about their children, just one is absent emotionally and the other is absent presently. Neither is ideal and neither is particularly lordable, in context:
You have one mom who's off running down her teenage fantasies, whilst her daughter was at home crying on her birthday no less, because she's lonely with no one to celebrate with let's not forget, that's not good parenting in my book.. however, too her credit, she's always supportive of her kid, and wants her to be happy.
Then you have the other, who's completely aloof to her kids mental well-being. She's there but not there, doesn't seem to be at all attentive to her kids feelings, again, not very good parenting, but too her credit, she's there and cares about her kids safety.

This however, isn't to discredit the author. What I like about the authors work is, that's it's well done enough, that you can see the strengths and flaws of the parents, reflecting in their children. That's a mark of good writing to my mind, very impressed. :)

However I ought to perhaps amend that given Xiao Lu's mums homophobia. This is inexcusable but unsurprising to me as someone with traditionalist parents. A lot of people in the comments have very young/liberal/modern western parents but some don't and have very conservative parents and for the former, perhaps I can enlighten them as to what it's like:
My parents were strict, growing up was tough at times but also solid, I had fun as well, they were there for me, they loved me as any good parent would, they did their level best to make sure I was educated, well fed and cared for as again, any good parent would but being traditionalist and somewhat conservative, there was an expectation that I'd marry the opposite sex and have kids. (I have no interest in either currently but that's a different matter all together) Anyway, my parents traditionalist disposition? (lack of better terms, I apologise.) means that there would not be any way that I'd tell them that I'd come out to them as anything other than straight. It'd wreck them and unfortunately that's just the way it is and that's just how they are. If the case were ever to be that I'd fallen in love with someone of the same sex, my parents wouldn't know or I'd simply cut my parents off. I still love them regardless but I couldn't face that scenario with them. They're not the kind of person that would hate or mistreat someone because they're LGBTQ or anything like that but they still prefer that their own house follows in their footsteps and my entire family for the most part feels the same. I am alone in my "nonconformity". Despite all this, I still love my family and always will. This is not to say, I'd want my own kids or anyone elses to have to go through this, I don't, however, it is to say, I understand the reality of it. Anyway, enough about my experience, this is just to give an idea of what it can be like.
Back to XiaoLu, her situation is even more difficult because she's still young and has a greater distance to her parents (mother anyway) emotionally. Her mother much like mine, though wants the best for her, has an idea or forced ideal of what she wants her daughter's future to be like, and anything that doesn't fit with that, is unfathomable to her. Her mother always seems miserable, which really doesn't help things, she really shouldn't be showing her emotional baggage to her child like this. Whatever problems she's having, her child deserves better. Oh no, I dragged on too long and lost my thought at points. Hopefully it helps though.

smoothsmoothie
Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Damn everyone writing big ass paragraphs and then there's me just enjoying the gay

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Damn everyone writing big ass paragraphs and then there's me just enjoying the gay

It's kind of funny a bit to see how passionate people are about the story! It just shows the author is doing a good job imo haha!

But the girlies were adorable this chapter and TongTong calling her mom for help ;p

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 12:27PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

Tong tong mom discourse? In my lesbian forum? That guy’s literally the most obvious troll. Let’s just enjoy the gay and have thoughtful discussions about motherhood not centered around a 1 minute hottake.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 12:37PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

In my experience, anyone who uses the word "degenerate" in any context outside that of electron orbitals is a jackass who you should stop listening to immediately.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tong tong mom discourse? In my lesbian forum? That guy’s literally the most obvious troll. Let’s just enjoy the gay and have thoughtful discussions about motherhood not centered around a 1 minute hottake.

At least that misogynist hottake has sparked among rational readers a fuller consideration of TongTong's mom, who at first to me seemed like just a bit of a dolt (her initial "lesbian seduction" advice was truly cringe-worthy) and a free-and-easy foil to Luxi's overly-strict taskmaster mother. But her reaction to the pedophilic boyfriend was pretty nuanced--not the beating-up part, but the fact that she didn't change who she was by giving up dating but was just more careful about how she did it.

Her acceptance of the girls' relationship is clearly going to be an important plot point going forward. But she's a good deal more complex and interesting than the usual man-crazy single manga mom.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 2:28PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

But her reaction to the pedophilic boyfriend was pretty nuanced--not the beating-up part, but the fact that she didn't change who she was by giving up dating but was just more careful about how she did it.

Probably worth noting that the incident seems to have lowkey traumatized her, though - by all accounts ever since then she's studiously avoided any and all long-term relationships and kept exclusively to brief dalliances.

No biggie as such as she appears to find such string of transient liaisons emotionally fulfilling enough.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

MOOOOOMMMMMM come save us from homophobiaaaaaaaaaa

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

As someone who grew up in a semi-conservative Chinese family, I would rather have TongTong's mom. Just to be clear, I would not give up my family and I still love them, but it is just kinda like how Xiao Lu is with her mom just not to the extreme point. I can't talk about anything too personal with my mom and have to always hide many things. Whenever I am happy to the point of constantly having a big smile, I have calm myself down and make sure my face is neutral before facing my mom. It pretty much feels like you're caged in all the while having family and cultural expectations and pressure always looming over or beating down on you.

Whenever I am hanging out with my non-Asian friends, I kinda get a bit jealous that they can have such an open relationship with their mom, pretty much TongTong's mom, where they can tell each other anything and everything while having fun. It is something I wish I can do with my family, but at least I am fortunate enough that their family also treats me as if I'm their own kid.

So yea, I don't know what kind of crack that guy was on, Xiao Lu's mom is not the more responsible or better mom here. And TongTong's mom didn't know about p*do guy, and when she did because TongTong has an open relationship and they trust each other, TongTong's mom beat the literal crap out of him and did many measures to make sure it won't happen again.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

@AMBERHEART, you will refrain from further usage of pejoratives of "whore/slut" as these terms serve nothing to further an argument and only serve to "shame" women for having a sex drive. If you wish to pursue your strong viewpoint that Tongtong's mother is not a proper parent, then you will have to provide details instead of insults/labels, i.e. cease the use of misogynistic/misandrist language.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Is this Xiao Lu's mom's sock puppet account or something?

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

She did, and did so in front of his colleagues at his workplace. Which he promptly got fired from as well as a result.

To reply you must either login or sign up.