Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

You go, Mai! I hope we get some more focus on this side-pair, they'd be really fun!

Img_0183
joined Sep 1, 2021

Damn no updates for a while

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

This manga is a buddle of fckin joy

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

been a while since this updated

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

So like, does anyone know what happened here? Did something happen to the group that was translating this?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So like, does anyone know what happened here? Did something happen to the group that was translating this?

Pretty sure they work from volume raws, so there will be a lot of releases when a new volume is out, followed by a long period of waiting until the next one.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

But the latest volume came out in December, they even said as much in their most recent release. Its April now, with no updates since November, and I’m just curious if something happened to the translation group, or if there’s a known reason for the lack of updates. I hope they’re ok.

last edited at Apr 1, 2022 3:30PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

They have been rather quiet since December, with only two chapters released in February and then nothing again.

Looking at their board, though, it's in the works, as indicated in a reply to someone else asking about this just on Sunday:

It's in the works. Our main goal with each volume is to complete it (or get through most of it) before the next volume releases, rather than a consistent chapter-by-chapter schedule.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh thank god, i was worried the scanlators got Covid or something

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

In a way, though it is probably different, the way they hide their relationship reminds me of another series about co-workers (yadda yadda, het bad, get it out of your system now) deciding to date in secret to avoid the stigma of a workplace romance, going to lengths that at time seem overdone and detrimental to their mental states. It has a similar situation where one would think that their surroundings would be fine with their relationship, but they continue with the charade because the author doesn't want to change a working formula.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I miss my girls :( I hope we'll get new stuff soon .

joined Dec 20, 2013

In a way, though it is probably different, the way they hide their relationship reminds me of another series about co-workers (yadda yadda, het bad, get it out of your system now) deciding to date in secret to avoid the stigma of a workplace romance, going to lengths that at time seem overdone and detrimental to their mental states. It has a similar situation where one would think that their surroundings would be fine with their relationship, but they continue with the charade because the author doesn't want to change a working formula.

that is just the thing about formula, though... if you use one too much, or for too long, it gets boring. I'm very frankly nearing the point where I'll drop this. It's been too long, and no amount of wholesome is gonna make me stay for more chapters, WE NEED PLOT ADVANCEMENT AND EVOLUTION OF CHARACTER. and there clearly isn't nearly enough of that here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

that is just the thing about formula, though... if you use one too much, or for too long, it gets boring. I'm very frankly nearing the point where I'll drop this. It's been too long, and no amount of wholesome is gonna make me stay for more chapters, WE NEED PLOT ADVANCEMENT AND EVOLUTION OF CHARACTER. and there clearly isn't nearly enough of that here.

Of course you’re free to decide that you’re too bored to keep reading whenever you want. But there’s nothing inherent in the slow burn, SOL comedy genre that demands a particular kind of goal-oriented “plot advancement” or “evolution of character.”

This isn’t, for example, a story with a implied narrative endpoint, like ones that pose the question of whether the MCs will get together in the end—they’ve been together from the start, and their relationship has always moved quite slowly. It wasn’t so very long ago that the MCs finally worked themselves up to their first kiss, which was a very significant (relatively speaking) plot advancement and development of character.

So by all means, decide that it’s “too long”—by your standards—or that the wholesome isn’t enough, or that their failure to announce their lesbianism to the world has extended beyond your personal point of tolerance. But what you “need” from this series is by no means what everyone else needs or wants.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hallelujah it's back!
...anyone else feel like their friends left specifically to give the two some alone time?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Those thought panels had me worried but ending on a nice/hopeful message is a pleasant surprise!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Hallelujah it's back!
...anyone else feel like their friends left specifically to give the two some alone time?

I am going to be very disappointed if, when the girls finally screw up their courage to come out to their friends, their friends DON'T say "Uh, yeah! Duh! You guys suck at keeping secrets!" or something similar.

joined Jan 14, 2020

useless lesbian baker

joined Apr 6, 2013

OH NO, Chidori gonna get fat.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

If I had a nickel for every yuri manga where a high school girl starts training to become a pastry chef to feed her lover I’d have two nickels, which isnt a lot but its weird that it happened twice

joined Jun 11, 2021

If I had a nickel for every yuri manga where a high school girl starts training to become a pastry chef to feed her lover I’d have two nickels, which isnt a lot but its weird that it happened twice

this is exactly what popped into my head thank you

SniperFreak77
joined Mar 16, 2013

IT'S BACK BABYYY!!!

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Long have we waited

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I've missed these dorks so much!

joined Jul 5, 2019

I thought Nanoha wanted to be a housewife for her future career at first. Then rationality kicked in and yeah patisserie makes more sense.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

lets go its back

last edited at May 30, 2022 12:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.