Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Next chapter is coming in September

File 8 let's gooo

joined Dec 29, 2020

Yes, about the next chapter, its coming September 12th instead of August because the mangaka is taking a break. Not to worry, vol 5 of the novel should be coming out on the 17th-18th of August (depending on your timezone) in digital format.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 3:44PM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

THIS IS SO GOOD HOLY FUCK

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

These two are so adorable together, holy FUCK cUTE

Tumblr_l_25766799518972
joined Apr 25, 2021

I legitimately loved this?? I didn't realise I had such a fascination with psychological horror manga until I found this!!

1625203012743%20(2)%20(2)
joined Apr 9, 2021

It's S.T.A.L.K.E.R, both game version and movie version, plus Roadside Picnic, but with yuri.

last edited at Sep 5, 2021 2:03PM

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Holy shit one of the best arc is finally here.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This is a really good one.

I legitimately loved this?? I didn't realise I had such a fascination with psychological horror manga until I found this!!

I don't like horror manga. I still don't. This series is an exception for me.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Woah! An action horror yuri! And its such a slooooow burn, but it'll make it all the more sweet

She-ra-angry
joined Jan 24, 2019

Not to worry, vol 5 of the novel should be coming out on the 17th-18th of August (depending on your timezone) in digital format.

Thanks I completely forgot about it. Can't wait to read it.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Considering it's been about 3 months for Sorawo since the beginning, I like that you can tell from the artwork as well that her hair is a few centimeters longer.

last edited at Sep 17, 2021 9:30AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm not sure why, but I love the way this artist draws their faces in profile. Like, idk, there's something really cool and unique about their lips and jawline... They're just so nice!

Also, I'm so excited we're entering this arc!
I kinda get why Toriko would be worried, honestly... Sorawo really is attached to her in a way that I can't imagine what would happen if Toriko were to disappear... She's already proven that she wouldn't think twice about going after her, so her ending up like Toriko doesn't seem too unlikely, to be honest.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I'm not sure why, but I love the way this artist draws their faces in profile. Like, idk, there's something really cool and unique about their lips and jawline... They're just so nice!

I'm glad that she finally got to work with a competent writer this time, unlike Spiral.

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 12:26AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Regarding chapter 41, the part of "Toriko got upset because Satsuki was seeing other people" is confusing.
First of all, we don't really know if Toriko and Satsuki dated, it's very ambivalent. Second, Satsuki apparently was Akari's tutor, but the way it is worded is as if Toriko thought she was cheating on her with Akari.
She could still be upset Satsuki was hanging out with others without telling her, but the way she gets upset fits the romantic version more. At the same time it was obviously not likely that Akari was involved with Satsuki "this" way. So everything comes into a cycle, but quite an interesting way to create mystery around the characters.
Also love the long chapters.

joined May 10, 2021

Another great chapter as per usual. I'm so looking forward to future chapters as well since we're finally reaching the non-animated content! Definitely my fav yuri alongside yagakimi.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It cost me a night of sleep a day after I wasn't able to sleep during the night, but I'm caught up with this now

This is a nice series

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Regarding chapter 41, the part of "Toriko got upset because Satsuki was seeing other people" is confusing.
First of all, we don't really know if Toriko and Satsuki dated, it's very ambivalent. Second, Satsuki apparently was Akari's tutor, but the way it is worded is as if Toriko thought she was cheating on her with Akari.
She could still be upset Satsuki was hanging out with others without telling her, but the way she gets upset fits the romantic version more. At the same time it was obviously not likely that Akari was involved with Satsuki "this" way. So everything comes into a cycle, but quite an interesting way to create mystery around the characters.
Also love the long chapters.

Sorawo had a bad feeling about Satsuki from the start, but in File 4 Kozakura confirmed that Toriko at least had a crush on Satsuki, who exploited this for her own goals with researching the otherside. Upon learning that Satsuki used to tutor Akari, it makes sense to suspect that Satsuki also considered recruiting her, and possible other people as well, through manipulation or seduction.

Toriko probably still hasn't accepted that Satsuki very likely used her (seduced her on purpose, or just exploited her crush and admiration in an opportunistic way). If she believed at the time that Satsuki chose her for the "adventures" because Satsuki saw her as special, and considered her a trusted partner in their adventures, the fact that Satsuki gifted an object from the Otherside to Akari, without Toriko's knowledge, is evidence pointing to the contrary.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 12:39PM

NamelessSentinel
Unnamed
joined Aug 26, 2021

We've finally gotten to content unadapted by the anime.
Nice to see best boy Migiwa.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Sometimes I have this urge of slapping Toriko no matter how much I like her. I just want them to stop and just go to the yuri romance route instead, but I always gotta shake myself and remind me that this is supposed to be sci-fi and that's the reason why I still stick into it. What happened to those people are so horrible.

joined May 31, 2014

Sometimes I have this urge of slapping Toriko no matter how much I like her. I just want them to stop and just go to the yuri romance route instead

Don’t worry, the yuri is coming. . . Eventually. . . We’re like, half way there. . .

joined May 10, 2021

Another good chapter. We’re getting a little bit closer to learning more about Satsuki. And Migiwa is really sus.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Sometimes I have this urge of slapping Toriko no matter how much I like her. I just want them to stop and just go to the yuri romance route instead

Don’t worry, the yuri is coming. . . Eventually. . . We’re like, half way there. . .

Do you know which chapter?
Personally I don't mind spoilers here because I like the manga formatting way more than the LN, so when the manga catches up (after 3 years :D) it will be refreshing to see it drawn too.
Yuri aside, I think this story is underrated though.

joined Oct 20, 2020

Personally I don't mind spoilers here because I like the manga formatting way more than the LN, so when the manga catches up (after 3 years :D) it will be refreshing to see it drawn too.

It's hard to say what the manga chapter will be. The manga is currently adapting the last file of vol 2, things take an overtly romantic turn at the very end of vol 3 and then into vol 4 (and 5, and 6, and 7 once that's published). But if I had to guess, it'll be chapter 71 or 72 when it gets started

And just to clarify, you mean catches up to that particular spot, right? Because the novels are being written about 2x as fast as the manga can adapt them.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This story is not a romance so it is probably wise to keep expectations in line with that. Having said that, it is however yuri and it certainly does eventually live up to that particular tag. The original material is a light novel so there is a lot of inner monologue that's ended up on the cutting room floor when it comes to Sorawo's thoughts and motivations. A large portion of those inner thoughts revolve around Toriko. We've also seen it hinted in the manga that Sorawo is a seriously messed up girl, but without her ever-present inner monologue as a reminder, it's easier to forget that fact while watching the two interact.

I think this is actually a really solid adaption of the source material. Surreal psychological horror is NOT an easy medium to translate across different types of media and this manga really does capture the original story quite well.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 2:48AM

joined May 31, 2014

We are currently at the beginning of “Case File 8.” The specific moment I’m thinking of is at the end of Case File 15, where Toriko starts making out with Sorawo to calm her down after some real freaky shit. Like I_am_nemo said earlier, it kinda gets gradually more romantic as the story progresses, but I consider the make-out session to be sorta the point of no return. Before then there was room for the author to backpedal (if he was a coward; thankfully he ain’t).

To reply you must either login or sign up.