Forum › Witch Meets Knight discussion

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

It's such a bizarre series, even for a yuri. I'm certainly enjoying it so far, but I can't help but wonder what the direction is for the two MC's relationship. The "Witch" is so quiet, simple with her answers, often monotone and rarely ever smiles. Yet she portrays just enough....personality in her responses that it leaves room for interpretation by the reader, which helps keep them engaged. The "Knight" clearly likes to tease and play with the "Witch" but rather than being put off or offended, she simply allows the "Knight" to do as she pleases and only brushes off her antics when they are visibly discomforting. She doesn't make much of an attempt to reply to the "Knight", but when she does it's short, simple and meaningful.

It's such a strange take on a yuri romance...and I'm definitely hoping to read more.

That is a pretty fantastic summary of their relationship. The dynamic reminds me of the main pair in Yoru to Umi. Like a LOT. Both pairs are really similar. But there’s something about this pair that I feel puts it over the other. It’s hard to put into words, but the feeling that they care about their relationship and time together is the general gist of it.

Anyways, only two chapters left??? ;-;

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 3:31AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Every time theres a new chapter of this im always so confused and have to reread the whole thing to get it

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Seven years in the making, it's finished! What a strange and unique series this was.

Well, I don't really have anything more profound to say, but I do want to say a big big big thanks to all the folks who helped with this over the years. A lot of them played some part in my life through the years, and I'll be eternally appreciative for that. Thanks Peach, Phyis, Gulf Standard, Procyon, schuguy, Martin, kari, Shynaku, Multiball (and etc., I'm so sorry I probably never knew you). You're all the best!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

A bit of an abrupt ending. It's too bad; the magazine this ended on (Hirari) ended publication on this issue - looks like the series wasn't able to properly finish.

joined May 18, 2021

wait that's it???????

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, I can certainly see why it took this long to finish translating it. The start was quite nice, but the last chapters, even the abrupt ending aside, somehow just felt off...

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Wow, i hope it could be like Kageki Shoujo but yuri

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Huh, was hoping things might go somewhere, but still, it was a good read.
Thanks for scanalating this!

joined Jul 6, 2020

Wait. It didn't even end with the 2 main characters?

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

us gays can never get that satisfaction of seeing gay characters together huh, I hate everything.

Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

Seven years in the making, it's finished! What a strange and unique series this was.

Well, I don't really have anything more profound to say, but I do want to say a big big big thanks to all the folks who helped with this over the years. A lot of them played some part in my life through the years, and I'll be eternally appreciative for that. Thanks Peach, Phyis, Gulf Standard, Procyon, schuguy, Martin, kari, Shynaku, Multiball (and etc., I'm so sorry I probably never knew you). You're all the best!

Thanks for y'all 's service, mates

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 10:23AM

Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

Ok, and that's the end of the series. Odd, but I wouldn't say it's too off from the general vibes of the series. How do I out it... This is like a series of anthologies with a central, yet rather "loose" plot, and the occasional oneshot side stories (aside from the last two chaps). The plot of each chapter goes wherever the author's mind wanders.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 10:39AM

joined Jun 25, 2021

mmm? chapter 0 they were... high school? or something. but then in chapter 1 they are fresh out of elementary school? Is this the main setting? when does it get back to the older timeline?

To reply you must either login or sign up.