Forum › Fate Isn’t the One Who Decides discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Angst...I do like angst. Thanks! Good stuff.

joined Apr 29, 2019

NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY
I NEVER GONNA DIE

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

She's so selfless, hear <3 some heart setsuna take it and give yourself a little more love

joined May 16, 2021

I tried reading this because angst story isn’t my thing, I can’t bear to see heart break sometimes but this one is interesting. I hope it gets serialized.

joined Sep 18, 2021

She's so selfless, hear <3 some heart setsuna take it and give yourself a little more love

I personally disagree, I thought what she was trying to do was incredibly selfish. They're both connected, yet she's trying to cut their lines off without even telling the girl how she feels. She's no better than the lines of fate because she's not even giving the girl the opportunity to decide for herself since she's making the decision to cut off their bonds for her. They're soulmates, it's a two way street, she didn't even try to communicate with her, she just let her go like that. I hate stuff like that, it's so lame. Just giving up on the person you love without even giving them the choice to decide for themselves whether or not you're worthy. She may feel like she's unworthy, but that shouldn't dictate the entire relationship cause it's completely disregarding how the other person feels. It's not for her to decide alone, stuff like that shouldn't be romanticized because it's basically saying that declaring yourself unworthy of someone's love when they don't even know about it is noble, when really it's just sad. It's not a matter of letting someone else go for their sake, it's pushing them towards someone else to sabotage your own feelings.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

She cut her finger

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It's Saturday morning. I'm here for my weekend angst

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

This could've been written better. The angst feels off because I don't feel like Setsuna would ever act like this. If I can't buy the characters in that situation than I can't invest into the story.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Out of curiosity, I've only seen the anime, do the games give enough material to ship Setsuna and Ayumu, or is this one carried by the fans?

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Hey Ayumu, do you believe in gravity?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Out of curiosity, I've only seen the anime, do the games give enough material to ship Setsuna and Ayumu, or is this one carried by the fans?

Its Love Live you can make anyone gay for each other if you try enough , but they are also in a unit together with Shizuku called AZUNA so they are a bit close I think?

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 2:50PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Its Love Live you can make anyone gay for each other if you try enough , but they are also in a unit together with Shizuku called AZUNA so they are a bit close I think?

oh I know I know, actually part of why I've liked the fan-side of this franchise so far is how it seems any combination of characters has a good chance of having fan content lol.

I was just wondering, since the anime didn't have much that I could remember, if the games had moments that made fans go like "this pair! I want more of this pair" or if it was one of those pairings that had fans like "I like these two characters! I want content of them together! even if I have to make it myself!!" or something like that ^^;

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 4:37PM

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

This could've been written better. The angst feels off because I don't feel like Setsuna would ever act like this. If I can't buy the characters in that situation than I can't invest into the story.

Ikr, I feel like Ayumu and Setsuna swapped personalities??
I think maybe it would have been better if Ayumu was the one who see the red string and her soulmate it's Yuu, but Yuu loves Setsuna

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

oh I know I know, actually part of why I've liked the fan-side of this franchise so far is how it seems any combination of characters has a good chance of having fan content lol.

I was just wondering, since the anime didn't have much that I could remember, if the games had moments that made fans go like "this pair! I want more of this pair" or if it was one of those pairings that had fans like "I like these two characters! I want content of them together! even if I have to make it myself!!" or something like that ^^;

If I'm not wrong, I think there's a scene where Setsuna is massaging Ayumu's calf before a show

126roundmaki
joined Jun 2, 2021

I think maybe it would have been better if Ayumu was the one who see the red string and her soulmate it's Yuu, but Yuu loves Setsuna

I must disagree. This is very much in character for Setsuna. She makes a decision she believes is best and pursues it with bullheaded stubbornness. And the more selfless the act, the more stubborn she is, driven by her desire to be a hero like the ones she obsessed over in anime.

One selfless canon example would be disbanding the first idol club. She did not consult the other members. She decided for herself what she believed was best for them all and stuck with it until confronted about it.

A more selfish example would be defying her parents to be an idol and watch anime. She has made her decision and pursues it regardless of their desires. (SIFAS may have included a bit where she mentions having pleaded her case at least once, but I cannot recall with certainty, and the anime glosses over the issue, so unless that changes in the second season, we are free to assume either way.)

Here, Ayumu unfortunately cannot confront Setsuna over her decision as she cannot see the fate thread and is blissfully unaware of the decision being made on her behalf.

Might it be better if the roles were swapped? Perhaps, perhaps not. Either way, this author chose this arrangement and I can see it working for these characters as portrayed.

Am I biased toward this view? Absolutely. My own fic has chapters that, though unwritten, are still fully planned and outlined, that see Setsuna making similar selfless decisions, or at least perceived by her as selfless, and executing them without a word to others who will be impacted by her actions.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

If I'm not wrong, I think there's a scene where Setsuna is massaging Ayumu's calf before a show

yeah, that kind of thing, moments between them, I wonder if that's like the only one or are there more. thank you for your reply~

Zak
joined Sep 18, 2021

my guy setsuna's instant decision whenever anything bad happens is to isolate herself, if people remember when she disbanded the club, left the club (shioriko) and disbanded the club (the anime version)

i think her resorting to disregarding her emotions so others can pursue their own passions is very on brand with her personality

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

yeah, that kind of thing, moments between them, I wonder if that's like the only one or are there more. thank you for your reply~

I just started play the game so I don't know so much, but there's official illustrations like this one it's so cute
And there's a story published in Love Live Days where Setsuna is a knight and Ayumu is a princess and is kidnapped by a dragon and Setsuna has to rescue her (sounds gay and I love it)

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

Am I biased toward this view? Absolutely.

Lmao
Where do you post your fanfics??

joined Jan 3, 2017

It is a mobius ring. Everyone can be shipped with everyone.

126roundmaki
joined Jun 2, 2021

Am I biased toward this view? Absolutely.

Lmao
Where do you post your fanfics??

I post my works on tumblr and AO3 using this same screenname. Fair warning, my Niji flagship is actually YuuAyuSetsu, since I was unable to decide among the three pairings; they're all wonderful in their own ways.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

A more selfish example would be defying her parents to be an idol and watch anime. She has made her decision and pursues it regardless of their desires. (SIFAS may have included a bit where she mentions having pleaded her case at least once, but I cannot recall with certainty, and the anime glosses over the issue, so unless that changes in the second season, we are free to assume either way.)

My understanding from the game is that she tried to get her family to relent on the anime/manga/novels front a long time ago but settled in to believing they'd never change.

Her bond episodes have, after she loses the Student Council election, some part of her cover blown with her parents, being forbidden again, and running away over it; they reconcile after she invites them to see her in concert, and they see both how important this is to her, and how good she is. Later episodes and cards have her able to be open about all her favorite things, including being happy to explain what she and Riko were shopping for on Otome Road. All this has played out by the end of the game's second season, as she mentions this reconciliation in the main story; it's part of the last episode in the second season.

But you're certainly right that Setsuna's instinct is to shoulder burdens herself and bull forward regardless of anything else. And the whole point of the Setsuna/Nana dual persona is to hide her true feelings away.

I think it's important here that nobody else can see these strings, and that Setsuna's been able to see them for long enough to know what they mean. She's being selfless in a selfish way — but she did ask Ayumu's opinion before hacking away at her thread, and I think that's important.

joined Mar 22, 2022

Yes, i believe in fate. If we doesn't have it then we wouldn't here, in this world. God create every human with their own fate and it can't be change.

To reply you must either login or sign up.