Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Finally it's here!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Is this really the story of love live ? I'm too busy to watch the anime -.-

There are effectively four separate "universes" for Love Live: the anime, the manga, the School Idol Diaries, and School Idol Festival. All the characters are the same in each, and many details are largely the same, but there are some significant differences... primarily because you're talking different authors and the like.

For example, in the manga, Eli knew Honoka, Umi and Kotori as children - and there's also a yuri goggles-level love triangle going on with Eli and Umi and Honoka (and I think possibly Nozomi as well). Nico and Maki become friends early on as they seek to scout out potential school idols.

Meanwhile, in the anime, Eli and Nozomi met up in their 1st year and are best friends (/girlfriends, depending on your goggles level) but didn't know the others (except Nico) until Honoka was trying to make an idol group, Eli resisted joining μ’s, etc. And NicoMaki are quite different to their manga equivalents in personality.

SIF and the SIDs tend to be very close or the same (particularly as of late) but there can be some differences between the diaries and the other media. For example, in Nico's SID she only has two siblings - Cocoro and Cocoa, her little sisters. But in the anime and in SIF she also has a little brother, Cotarou.

So... Yeah. Love Live is flexible. :P

Light_blue_429604_i0
joined Sep 28, 2014

the nicomaki is strong here ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Y'know, now I'm starting to understand how Honoka and Eli got shipped. But I still ship NozoEli

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I only like the manga so far for the strong HonoEli game. I'm not too fond of some of the characterizations here, but I'm trying to get over it by keeping in mind it's like an AU. I think it pales in comparison to the anime though, so you should still definitely check out the anime.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This is good I didn't know chps 8-16 were released yay! thanks TMNBE Scans!!!
I feel (manga)Eri is a little hard to ship since she is a such flirt and she groped Nozomi wow!....meanwhile the RinPana and MakiNico stay strong...YES!!! how about that Kotori...she barely does anything I hope she does more in future chapters...

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Haven't read the whole thing yet... But seeing Chapter 0 and Chapter 1.5 at the bottom of Vol. 1? Is that really where it should be?

joined Feb 4, 2014

So happy the manga made it here and even better the first two volumes are here. Everywhere else I looked for the manga they only had the first volume translated. I tend to forget that sometimes in certain series the manga and the anime are vastly different (looking at you Mai-HiME) but this, I can get behind this.

I like how Honoka and Umi seem a lot more closer in this incarnation than they are in the anime (satisfies my HonoUmi love) and even better I like that Eli has a past with all three second years in this one and has a softer personality with them from the start rather than later on.

Though some of the differences threw me for a loop. Like Nozomi coming off as some paranormal obsessed enthusiast/charlatan when you first see her show up and Nico seems like such an underhanded character in this series with how much she plays innocent and has a hidden agenda to which she basically forces Maki to follow along.

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 7:11PM

1488288_722335867807541_2685847699631868919_n
joined May 24, 2014

this is such a merry christmas \m/

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

Is this really the story of love live ? I'm too busy to watch the anime -.-

There are effectively four separate "universes" for Love Live: the anime, the manga, the School Idol Diaries, and School Idol Festival. All the characters are the same in each, and many details are largely the same, but there are some significant differences... primarily because you're talking different authors and the like.

For example, in the manga, Eli knew Honoka, Umi and Kotori as children - and there's also a yuri goggles-level love triangle going on with Eli and Umi and Honoka (and I think possibly Nozomi as well). Nico and Maki become friends early on as they seek to scout out potential school idols.

Meanwhile, in the anime, Eli and Nozomi met up in their 1st year and are best friends (/girlfriends, depending on your goggles level) but didn't know the others (except Nico) until Honoka was trying to make an idol group, Eli resisted joining μ’s, etc. And NicoMaki are quite different to their manga equivalents in personality.

SIF and the SIDs tend to be very close or the same (particularly as of late) but there can be some differences between the diaries and the other media. For example, in Nico's SID she only has two siblings - Cocoro and Cocoa, her little sisters. But in the anime and in SIF she also has a little brother, Cotarou.

So... Yeah. Love Live is flexible. :P

Wow ! Now I know where the shipping come from :D I ship nicomaki so much btw ! <3 I'll start with this one first then I'll try to watch all of the other versions :)

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

@Ch 13: That doesn't answer her question BUT PLEASE continue!

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 4:53AM

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Thank you for uploading it here too now i can enjoy it more on dynasty :)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I find muse member a lot less charming in the manga... particularly Maki
And it's kinda sad that Nozomi Is the only one all alone

Edit : Why isn't there a HonoRin pairing ? :o

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 7:00AM

390672_533361876704960_305907239_n
joined Feb 13, 2013

It seems rushed and the characteristics are different compared to the anime -.-

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Okay so I just want to learn of characters and events to make sense of all of the LoveLive yuri doujins here. What's best to go through: the manga or the anime?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Okay so I just want to learn of characters and events to make sense of all of the LoveLive yuri doujins here. What's best to go through: the manga or the anime?

In my opinion, the characters personality in doujins seems closer to the anime.

And generally the starting relationship between the characters from doujins are those of the anime (apart maybe from the EriUmi doujins) : Rin/Hanayo, Eri/Nozo, Hono/Umi/Koto, Maki and Nico alone but end up with the girls from the same grade

And the anime is far better >.>

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 10:36AM

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Thankyouthankyouthankyouuuuu! I've been wanting to read the original manga to get a better idea of what the heck is going on in the background of the doujinshi (well, as much as can be figured out lol).

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Eh.. i am pretty stupid i guess but i just found out that kimino sakurako also is the original creator of strawberry panic lol made my day

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh.. i am pretty stupid i guess but i just found out that kimino sakurako also is the original creator of strawberry panic lol made my day

This explains everything...

10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

They finally added the manga here, that's great, the only thing that I don't get is why everyone says there is Umi Eli in here... I only see HonoEli and HonoUmi .-.

The manga is so different but still gay and I Really love this fandom, so everything will be well-recieved x3

Poor Kotori, she barely does something here ... .-.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I can understand where a lot of EriUmi comes from now. I was dissatisfied with the explanations of "Similar personalities" and "touchy-feely in Lives" since neither carry any weight, but now I can be at peace knowing it isn't some strangely popular crack shipping. It'll be difficult getting used to two very very very different alternate universes and I'm not sure I can betray the quintet of ships from the anime.

Quite frankly I just see the anime as better and the story revolving around it as better. BUT! That does not mean this is bad. I like this a lot too.

And I'd be lying if I didn't say a lot of this backlash is from how completely unrepresented both NozoEri and TsubaHono are in the manga. But again, totally different universe, with essentially different characters, so I gotta get used to it.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Easily the manga.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Shouldn't there be some sort of tag to reflect how gay this is? I wouldn't quite say it's Yuri but holy hell, some of these chapters...

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 6:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.