Forum › The Blue Star on That Day (Ano Koro no Aoi Hoshi) discussion

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

I only just discovered this. And it's so good!

The title gives me a slight inkling of something pulling them apart in the future, but hopefully that's just my pessimistic imagination at work.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

OH damn! The no mermaids are here manga!
It finally got picked up again!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I missed this release a few days ago because I can never remember untranslated titles that don't have names in them, especially after a long break.

That said, I absolutely adore this series. It's way too cute. Can't wait for the rest of the volume!! Thank you knight heron crew <3 <3 <3

joined Aug 21, 2021

Koumoto is thirsty for segawara.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

I dont exactly remember when was the last time a read a manga plot this good !!

Where are those who share the memory (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

joined Dec 5, 2019

This is getting better and better. I fear for some huge drama building up, let's hope Umi doesn't leave Shou alone to hide the fact that she likes girls if other people notice them

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 6:49AM

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

This is getting better and better. I fear for some huge drama building up, let's hope Umi doesn't leave Shou alone to hide the fact that she likes girls if other people notice them

Ouh dam i can imagine that coming ,but in chapter 9 it seems like umi really doesn't mind that shou start hugging her when they meet

joined Jul 23, 2017

how many chps on the fanbox ??

Just one more that's also in the tankobon, so it's gonna be translated soon, and the newest post has the start of the chapter after that (so I think we're currently three pages into what will eventually become chapter 12). The author posts the chapters in chunks, also describing the editing process along the way. Updates on progress, usually with 5-15 new pages, are posted every two weeks, so one full chapter about every 6-8 weeks so far.

joined Sep 4, 2021

my gosh iam dying its sou cute...JUST KISS ALREADY

joined Feb 1, 2021

I enjoyed this chapter a lot. Doesn't oversell it, super smooth art.

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

So sweet

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Koumoto is a top tier protagonist. I like how, even though she's too shy to act on her "weird thoughts", she doesn't hesitate for a second when it comes to telling Segawa things like "I'm not going to let you be alone any longer". You go, girl, support your girl.

As for the "dad lies" thing, I think it's just related to the mermaid thing. And I figure that's just her dad trying to protect Segawa from something related to her mom and her childhood, nothing too bad.

Finally, as always, thanks for the translation! And I think a lot of people here must be watching Aquatope, cause even though you could smell the "subtext" from a mile away, there was a slight hope it could be yuri since the art is by the "Anemone is in Heat" mangaka (that hope has already died, ofc, but it's still a cute anime).

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 11:39AM

Greenmage%202
joined Jul 29, 2017

aah, the feeling while reading this, it's so healing.

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

this is the besttttt

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This manga is very fluffy and adorable and I like it a lot, but there's always these feelings of negative things bubbling just under that make me anxious lol. I'm waiting for a horrible thing to happen

joined Sep 7, 2021

Too sweet! Agh! More!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

WhereTheYuriAt posted:

Koumoto is a top tier protagonist. I like how, even though she's too shy to act on her "weird thoughts", she doesn't hesitate for a second when it comes to telling Segawa things like "I'm not going to let you be alone any longer". You go, girl, support your girl.

It's super refreshing to have such a forward and earnest protagonist. Well said.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

squeeee
first names!
squeeee

joined Jul 13, 2021

Kinda off topic, is Aquatope gay?

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 6:35PM

Oumae
joined Aug 29, 2021

This chapter is another winner. I'm a true sucker for stories that sell their relationships based on a solid and mutual emotional connection between the main leads. Much more immersive that way. Tho I still cannot shake away the feeling that something is going to rip them apart very soon......

I wonder if this author has any other works that evoke similar feelings. Will have to see

Screenshot_20220526-044757
joined Aug 7, 2019

I feel like something bad is going to happen for some reason

joined Dec 8, 2020

I just want them to be happy, please author-san, don't put much stones in their path!

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

this is so cute

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Umi’s declaration of love to Shou was absolutely the highlight of this chapter and probably the entire series. So touching, earnest, and well written.

last edited at Sep 10, 2021 1:40AM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Oh boy, crab facts! This chapter was so sweet and bitter and then sweet again. Perfectly done.

To reply you must either login or sign up.