Forum › HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHNVA discussion

joined May 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, indeed!

joined Dec 18, 2020

I'm not sure if tragedy is the right tag given that Yukari showing up in the afterlife robs a lot of the sadness from Reimu's death. Its probably just a minor inconvenience in their relationship.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 1:17AM

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

^ It's Touhou, going to the afterlife is probably just as casual as a stroll through the park.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 2:07AM

TheSmartestTrashcan
joined Jan 31, 2020

How do we know there's a marriage?

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh wow, I'm so glad I read the comments and checked it out despite the Tragedy tag. I think the ending could still be read as quite poignant, more a goodbye than any kind of visit, but the rest of it was so lovely! I love that art and the slice of life loving, often light hearted relationship over the years, just great. Love this ship and this did it service.

joined Dec 18, 2020

I think the ending could still be read as quite poignant, more a goodbye than any kind of visit, but the rest of it was so lovely!

Given that Yukari literally made it so Yuyuko couldn't reincarnate I don't think anything would make her let go of Reimu.

joined May 15, 2021

Ok.... Im confused? Wasnt the one who died the shrine maiden before reimu? And then reimu took her position and then they got married and then had seggs?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

How do we know there's a marriage?

Isn’t 17 their marriage? Looks like marriage clothes

Sleeping%20yukari
joined Nov 15, 2011

Ugh right in the feels...

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Only the immortal ones and the future generations will be around after some time.

But in Gensokyo,there's a window where one can see those who passed away but not yet passed on,just before they get reborn into who knows what.

And the barrier to that is well within Yukaris' control,so one final send off.

Perfection.

joined Feb 7, 2013

OMG. I spent so many years here and never intended to leave any comments, but this doujin IS perfect. And I have to admit that Reimu's death, in spite of being very sad, makes it even better somehow.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Welcome to the comments section!

So did shinova see and or react to the birthday present??

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021

I dont know who SHNVA is but happy birthday to him/her i guess

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I dont know who SHNVA is but happy birthday to him/her i guess

SHNVA is (or was) a prolific Reimu x Yukari artist. They're listed on Dynasty under the name Shinoba.

So did shinova see and or react to the birthday present??

They did! They left the comment "每次累的时候都会觉得很有劲、这个作品是最棒的、谢谢…!"

Sadly this comic/comment was made back in 2019. For whatever reason SHNVA deleted all of their old Reimu x Yukari art on Pixiv, so they may not be a fan of the ship anymore.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ah gawd this is so precious. I've never loved their pairing more than in this work

joined Aug 28, 2023

Was dreading that it'll end with Reimu's death. Hope Yukari is strong enough to save her from the afterlife

Fb_img_1698057478891
joined Sep 14, 2017

I think the marriage tag should be removed because the ceremony to become a shrine maiden is held like a wedding so Reimu wears traditional wedding clothes, not because Yukari and Reimu are married.

To reply you must either login or sign up.