Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

If there's a sequel to this, I can tell that the relationship they have will go from good to bad, just by the way they are.

Aya eating a photograph of Sei's past lover, and Sei wanting to depend on Aya, having a hard time being away from her is all I needed to know for this prediction.

That's why the epilogue exists to eliminate that kind of prediction.

I love the timeskip. And all of its fluffy scenes

last edited at Jul 21, 2021 1:18PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

If there's a sequel to this, I can tell that the relationship they have will go from good to bad, just by the way they are.

Aya eating a photograph of Sei's past lover, and Sei wanting to depend on Aya, having a hard time being away from her is all I needed to know for this prediction.

Think it's safe to say we can't predict what's going to happen since we aren't the author. Fun to try though. But based on the fact that this is a healing fic, I think the dependency is just what Sei needs right now to move on. It's what Aya needs too so she can feel assurance when Sei inevitably says "I love you."

I can't wait to read!!!!!

last edited at Jul 21, 2021 4:43PM

joined May 26, 2016

Dog she ate...dog that is going to come back up lol or the other way lol and its going to hurt

joined Feb 6, 2020

I might be the only person here who disagree with you guys concerning Haruki.
I have never read a yuri manga with a character as pathetic as Haruki, although I admit I have not read enough yet. I honestly do not care what will happen to her. To have an alliance with Mochida is pathetic or even juvenile. No matter what happened, even if Sei never existed, Haruki would never managed to get together with Aya. Aya is like six years more mature than her age, that is, like a College senior. She is the real adult of the entire manga. She is also twisted. I think the episode where Aya has Haruki masterbating says it all. Haruki has no chance, none. Aya can play her like a toy. […]

Haruki is immature and completely selfish. That whole thing about her telling Aya’s mother on Aya just because Aya wouldn’t tell her where she went just speaks about the type of person she is. If Aya did get with her, it might have been a more volatile relationship than with Sei. She’d probably manipulate Aya to make sure Aya stays the same, never letting her mature, maybe even demanding she go to the same college and all that jazz because of how possessive she is. I mean they aren’t even together and she’s trying to dictate what Aya does and feels she can decide what’s best for Aya. I want to believe it’s just because she’s a teen and that maybe she can mature into someone who loves without expectations or conditions.

"Only person?"
You know, there are tons of commenters who share your views. We love Aya and Sei, we don't care about Haruki, and we are so happy that we got the best possible ending, […]

Yess I totally agree with these, especially with the second comment. For me, Haruki cares too much, and her care likes almost the selfish and the controlling on Aya, like it's going to manipulate Aya if Aya went to the relationship with her. At the last chapter, I feel agreeable and really good when Aya said it decisively to Haruki

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 3:21AM

Imagine they’re eating dinner and Aya coughs up a piece of Yoru’s picture and Sei is just staring at her like wtf lmao this ending was good I guess. But there really was no character development. Haruki is still overly possessive, Aya is eating pictures now so there’s that, the hypocritical student at Sei’s school still hates Sei. Well I take that back about 0 character development because Sei did stop obsessing over Yoru so that’s a win. I’m hoping the epilogue will be better.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Ah, a happily co-dependent relationship.

A co-dependent relationship needs the two persons to be constantly fighting each other but cannot break up as if they were addicted to each other. There is no sign whatsoever that Sei and Aya do that. They actually function like a very healthy couple.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 12:37AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I still don't know why anybody, in the story of course, likes anybody in this. Or how Sei has a job as a teacher still >somehow.

This may be because there are enough teachers still around who knew what really happened about the scandal, while as the students graduated one class by one, all that remains is just a rumor. That is, as opposed to Sei molesting that student, it was the other way around, The fact that Sei was passive while being assaulted, pretty much tells you her mind set. Hosono protected Sei from Mochida even though there is nothing for him to gain (Sei rejected him for awhile), clearly a sign that he was a witness of that incident.

If Sei were the one who molested the student, I am sure she would have been fired by then.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Ah, a happily co-dependent relationship.

A co-dependent relationship needs the two persons to be constantly fighting each other but cannot break up as if they were addicted to each other. There is no sign whatsoever that Sei and Aya do that. They actually function like a very healthy couple.

I can’t classify their relationship as completely codependent. This is a healing fic for Sei and a coming of age fic for Aya.

I mean, yes Aya is the caretaker but it’s impossible to determine whether or not she will maintain this role during the course of their relationship. We won’t find out until the epilogue perhaps. But, from the last chapter alone, we see whatever Aya has been doing has worked. She, like Aya, has become more confident and is no longer playing nice and letting students speak so casually with her.

Besides, Aya isn’t doing this solely for Sei to take advantage. She’s doing this so she can cement her place in Sei’s heart.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I still don't know why anybody, in the story of course, likes anybody in this. Or how Sei has a job as a teacher still >somehow.

This may be because there are enough teachers still around who knew what really happened about the scandal, while as the students graduated one class by one, all that remains is just a rumor. That is, as opposed to Sei molesting that student, it was the other way around, The fact that Sei was passive while being assaulted, pretty much tells you her mind set. Hosono protected Sei from Mochida even though there is nothing for him to gain (Sei rejected him for awhile), clearly a sign that he was a witness of that incident.

If Sei were the one who molested the student, I am sure she would have been fired by then.

I feel like it’s disregarded that she didn’t molest that Sayaki girl. And people are classifying her as a sexual predator because of what she did with Aya and to a certain extent, Yoru. Which of course, people are free to their own interpretations.

I just always figured Sei to be character trying to orchestrate her own downfall because she’s miserable and wants it all to end. And Aya isn’t some damsel in distress. Aya’s growing up. Might not be the cookie cutting righteous woman people expect of a traditional heroine, but she’s become her own person.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Meh.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I have finished reading the whole thing, I do have some questions about the ending part of the epilogue. During these sex scene, I understand what the dialogue mean, but when I put them all together, there is something just do not add up. as if Aya were asking Sei to molest or rape her. The sex is very imbalance. have patience....good girl..I am not a kid anymore.. penetrated <3 When I also fool around...all started because at the very beginning Aya asked Sei if she wants a virgin.. then when everything is done after the sex scene, Aya suddenly as if completely grew up in an instant. That virginity theme really confused or disturbed me...did I read it correctly or totally wrong and what does virgin really mean when Aya implied to Sei? To be exact, virginity? Anyone care to give some input? Yes, it is a happy ending but it seems to be achieved by very twisted sexual means.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Wow and? You do realize that they will eventually have to deepen their relationship? We see a timeskip of 2 years but what about the next 6 years? Sei is a much much worse version of Haruki (the epilogue even hints that Haruki didn't stoop to Sei's level (such as uploading the picture) Aya is unharmed Yoru had her life destroyed and Sei made it look like she was the tragic victim) and she wanted Yoru as a toy a possession she could manipulate as she sees fit not a lover! Aya is just a braindead groomed idiot that never loved herself and will have no one to turn to! I honestly want to see a sequel to this manga where this relationship will fall apart anyway but yeah we still gonna get the middle finger as for Haruki in case ya all haven't noticed Mochida didn't help out of the goodness of her heart her other goal was to rip Aya and Haruki apart for petty reasons (read ch13) and consider please that a relationship with Mochida will not lead to happiness in her case either since Haruki will serve as a replacement for her lost lenore Hosono (they have a similar haircut) and to get away from Sei and for Haruki Mochida will serve as a painkiller for the toxic asshole that honestly Aya always was to her yes she took the wrong route in ch13!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow and? You do realize that they will eventually have to deepen their relationship? We see a timeskip of 2 years but what about the next 6 years? Sei is a much much worse version of Haruki (the epilogue even hints that Haruki didn't stoop to Sei's level (such as uploading the picture) Aya is unharmed Yoru had her life destroyed and Sei made it look like she was the tragic victim) and she wanted Yoru as a toy a possession she could manipulate as she sees fit not a lover! Aya is just a braindead groomed idiot that never loved herself and will have no one to turn to! I honestly want to see a sequel to this manga where this relationship will fall apart anyway but yeah we still gonna get the middle finger as for Haruki in case ya all haven't noticed Mochida didn't help out of the goodness of her heart her other goal was to rip Aya and Haruki apart for petty reasons (read ch13) and consider please that a relationship with Mochida will not lead to happiness in her case either since Haruki will serve as a replacement for her lost lenore Hosono (they have a similar haircut) and to get away from Sei and for Haruki Mochida will serve as a painkiller for the toxic asshole that honestly Aya always was to her yes she took the wrong route in ch13!

Never mix headcanon and meth, folks.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Not as bad as it could have been, but certainly not a good ending either. It also really feels like the story would have been basically the same without Haruki and she was only included to make her suffer...

yup and if you reread the story you realize she was the anti-Sei and tried to be Aya's actual family in place of her parents who neglected her was she a good person? Nope she was a flawed person that was also manipulated and used by the three women and a teenager going through puberty! But she never grew into the asshole that Sei became! I wish to see a story that takes place 6 years later (the epilogue is 2 years later she didn't ruin Aya otherwise she wouldn't graduate) and she never ended up with Mochida (this would be bad in many ways) but searched for healthier ways to heal herself (yup masturbation was a good start for a teen that needs to understand herself I'd say) like talking to her family about being a lesbian telling friends and male admirers that she isn't in to men and finally after meeting Aya (kinda like Sei and Yoru met again) delete the naked picture in front of her walking away not holding a lasting grudge and giving her friend and first love advice (which she learned thanks to Aya in the first place) on how to save herself not others. Who knows maybe she will grow into an adult Makioka Shizue one of Flowerchild's more decent characters?

But yeah any chance of that ever to happen? We will have see!

joined Jul 20, 2020

Care to elaborate? You know they are going to change their relationship anyway in the future and then it propably won't be what Aya expected it to be! I want to see her grow tired of this!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Who care about what happen after the manga ended ? yeah they could break as they could stay a long time together but who care ? It's finished, there is nothing more after. You will get nothing for arguing about a non-existent future for non-existent characters but waste of time and lot of arguing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Care to elaborate? You know they are going to change their relationship anyway in the future and then it propably won't be what Aya expected it to be! I want to see her grow tired of this!

The characters don't exist outside of the text, and your fevered and delusional rantings about what supposedly will happen to them in the future are pure projection on your part, a form of imaginative self-pleasuring.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Who care about what happen after the manga ended ? yeah they could break as they could stay a long time together but who care ? It's finished, there is nothing more after. You will get nothing for arguing about a non-existent future for non-existent characters but waste of time and lot of arguing.

I get that! But it would be nice if we have a manga that deals with a person leaving a f***ed up from the start relationship for good many years after the "bad ending"! We have honestly to many mangas that end like this and it becomes kinda boring if you ask me!

So yeah a manga that would explore how Haruki (well someone like her) got over her past and moved on unlike Sei (who never did) would be something I want as a proper sequel. A subversion of things...

Haah I'm asking to much but you know it would be an interesting move on Flowerchilds part ya know? Maybe her next manga based on that premise but we've got to see what she does next!

edit: and one final thing I browsed through the raw of the epilogue Haruki did not take Sei's route of destroying her life in school so unlike Yoru Aya will have a better shot at life so Haruki is no Sei!

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 3:09PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

I don’t want to engage but since it’s done…. It’s amazing how people ignore the text in order to fit their own sordid interpretation.

Please feel free to excuse the rant below.

Sei did not ruin Yoru. Yoru was already sleeping around with older men and other males their age. Yoru was a new student and was dubbed a delinquent man stealer by other students from the beginning. Sei had nothing to do with that. And yes, Sei told Yoru’s boy Ex that they were also together, but the guy basically belittled Sei’s love for Yoru by saying they were alike and just “playing” with Yoru so it’s not like he had plans with settling down with Yoru.

Yoru had shitty taste in men and Sei had nothing to do with that.

Yes, Sei taught Aya what Sei liked in bed but then Aya started doing stuff Sei never asked her for. Sei never asked Aya to cook or care for her and as for the sexual “grooming”, Aya was a virgin. She didn’t know her own body much less her desires. None of the teens did. And this usually happens with people who have no sexual experience. They learn things they like and try new things along the way…. It’s part of growth.

Which is something Haruki has tried to deny Aya, unless of course it was on her terms. Haruki tried to dictate Aya’s actions not out of fear for Aya’s safety, but because she wanted to keep Aya as she was. Haruki enjoyed Aya the way she was because only Haruki had access to her and Haruki loved it. It made her feel special to see Aya in a certain light and maybe that’s just my interpretation but given the tidbit we were given about Haruki’s life (rambunctious younger siblings and a “house that’s never empty”) I gather that Haruki didn’t have much that was meaningfully “hers”. It was understandable that she would hold onto Aya if this were the case but she had to understand that Aya was not hers to keep.

I know she’s young but blabbing to Aya’s mom about her staying out was her laying out a punishment for Aya. Sure, Sei did the same thing in the beginning with the whole “if you don’t come then I’ll block you.” But Sei was a stranger on a social media app who made her desperation to get laid clear in their latter conversations. Haruki is Aya’s “childhood friend” so for her to be doling out a punishment after she’d been informally rejected (no kisses and no sharing information) this effectively speaks to the lengths she’d go to keep Aya where she can monitor her and keep Aya from making her own choices.

During that time Aya and Sei were in a little time out, all Sei texted Aya was “why aren’t you here?” Not demanding that Aya come to her which speaks to how much control Aya actually has. Sei did not establish a schedule nor did she demand Aya have dinner waiting for her when she came home. Aya was free to come and go their apartment when she pleased. If Sei were truly manipulative, she’d find a way to coerce Aya to bend to her whims.

Aya never slept with Haruki in the sexual sense. Yes, she caved into Haruki’s plea about sleeping together naked but that exchange was not sexual for Aya. Aya was clear from the beginning that she did not want Haruki. Unlike Yoru who slept with Sei despite knowing how much Sei loved her.

Again, just my interpretation, but Yoru had sex with many other people. The experience was not as meaningful to her but for Sei, an actually gay teen living in traditional Japan which is often depicted as a place where one has to conform to norms or face social suicide, it was a kind tolerance which Sei confused with acceptance.

And honestly, that picture was not that bad. Aya was naked but she was under the bed sheets and you couldn’t clearly see her face or her nipples. Sure it’s skeevy of Sei to take a pic of Aya after an intimate moment but she didn’t take an undeniable nude with Aya’s face and entire body for just any one to see. It was a suggestive photo and not an outright nude pic.

As for Mochida, the fact that she’s thinking about Sei in a sexual manner just speaks to how infantile her feelings were for math teacher. She clearly loved the idea of him, the strong older role model who guides and supports her, but she had no clue about who he really was, what he liked and disliked.

Unlike Aya who knew the darkest parts of Sei yet still loves her. I haven’t read the epilogue but it seems like it’ll wrap up quite nicely for the two.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 4:06PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Haah I'm asking to much but you know it would be an interesting move on Flowerchilds part ya know? Maybe her next manga based on that premise but we've got to see what she does next!

Get some rest as she cut short the manga because of her health.And a sequel is nevera good idea unless it's really needed, just see Citrus +.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Get some rest as she cut short the manga because of her health.And a sequel is nevera good idea unless it's really needed, just see Citrus +.

citrus is a whole different story if you ask me we already saw that they will marry it's only the road to this

joined Jul 20, 2020

I don’t want to engage but since it’s done…. It’s amazing how people ignore the text in order to fit their own sordid interpretation.

Sei did not ruin Yoru. Yoru was already sleeping around with older men and other males their age. Yoru was a new student and was dubbed a delinquent man stealer by other students from the beginning. Sei had nothing to do with that. And yes, Sei told Yoru’s boy Ex that they were also together, but the guy basically belittled Sei’s love for Yoru by saying they were alike and just “playing” with Yoru so it’s not like he had plans with settling down with Yoru.

Yoru had shitty taste in men and Sei had nothing to do with that.

Yes, Sei taught Aya what Sei liked in bed but then Aya started doing stuff Sei never asked her for. Sei never asked Aya to cook or care for her and as for the sexual “grooming”, Aya was a virgin. She didn’t know her own body much less her desires. None of the teens did. And this usually happens with people who have no sexual experience. They learn things they like and try new things along the way…. It’s part of growth.

Which is something Haruki has tried to deny Aya, unless of course it was on her terms. Haruki tried to dictate Aya’s actions not out of fear for Aya’s safety, but because she wanted to keep Aya as she was. Haruki enjoyed Aya the way she was because only Haruki had access to her and Haruki loved it. It made her feel special to see Aya in a certain light and maybe that’s just my interpretation but given the tidbit we were given about Haruki’s life (rambunctious younger siblings and a “house that’s never empty”) I gather that Haruki didn’t have much that was meaningfully “hers”. It was understandable that she would hold onto Aya if this were the case but she had to understand that Aya was not hers to keep.

I know she’s young but blabbing to Aya’s mom about her staying out was her laying out a punishment for Aya. Sure, Sei did the same thing in the beginning with the whole “if you don’t come then I’ll block you.” But Sei was a stranger on a social media app who made her desperation to get laid clear in their latter conversations. Haruki is Aya’s “childhood friend” so for her to be doling out a punishment after she’d been informally rejected (no kisses and no sharing information) this effectively speaks to the lengths she’d go to keep Aya where she can monitor her and keep Aya from making her own choices.

During that time Aya and Sei were in a little time out, all Sei texted Aya was “why aren’t you here?” Not demanding that Aya come to her which speaks to how much control Aya actually has. Sei did not establish a schedule nor did she demand Aya have dinner waiting for her when she came home. Aya was free to come and go their apartment when she pleased. If Sei were truly manipulative, she’d find a way to coerce Aya to bend to her whims.

Aya never slept with Haruki in the sexual sense. Yes, she caved into Haruki’s plea about sleeping together naked but that exchange was not sexual for Aya. Aya was clear from the beginning that she did not want Haruki. Unlike Yoru who slept with Sei despite knowing how much Sei loved her.

Again, just my interpretation, but Yoru had sex with many other people. The experience was not as meaningful to her but for Sei, an actually gay teen living in traditional Japan which is often depicted as a place where one has to conform to norms or face social suicide, it was a kind tolerance which Sei confused with acceptance.

And honestly, that picture was not that bad. Aya was naked but she was under the bed sheets and you couldn’t clearly see her face or her nipples. Sure it’s skeevy of Sei to take a pic of Aya after an intimate moment but she didn’t take an undeniable nude with Aya’s face and entire body for just any one to see. It was a suggestive photo and not an outright nude pic.

As for Mochida, the fact that she’s thinking about Sei in a sexual manner just speaks to how infantile her feelings were for math teacher. She clearly loved the idea of him, the strong older role model who guides and supports her, but she had no clue about who he really was, what he liked and disliked.

Unlike Aya who knew the darkest parts of Sei yet still loves her. I haven’t read the epilogue but it seems like it’ll wrap up quite nicely for the two.

yeah ya know why ranting? I have an even better idea how about you watch that flashback in ch9 and the epilogue notice something? Yup Aya is in the same place as Haruki was working herself for a bitch that doesn't deserve her and never wants to grow up let alone work on herself. The difference is Haruki decided to leave!

Yeah Yoru was ruining herself but because of Sei sabotaging her own life even further without her consent she learned late on her own that the men she dated including Sei (who just wanted her as a toy) were never worth it! If Sei never went to the depths of depravity after being rejected by Yoru the first time chances are she would have been together with Yoru so it's her loss! As for Haruki she pointed out numerous times over the years that Aya should work on herself and at least try to socialize with people which she never did! She ultimately chooses a better option than Sei and stops bothering with Aya at the end completely! Hope she finds someone better! Aya is just a braindead idiot! And I hope it's not Mochida... who if she would have been in love with Hosono simply should have confessed to him but nope she just wanted Haruki and Aya to suffer for no real reason and just used him as an excuse

And Sei is still a grooming manipulative pedophile and predator who has Child Pornography on her smartphone which she sends to another teen and gloats about in front of everyone and doesn't give a shit about Aya except her being her sextoy!

This bitch deserves no pity from me and if I were in Haruki's place I would call the police!

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 6:37PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This bitch deserves no pity from me and if I were in Haruki's place I would call the police!

This whole (snipped as an act of mercy) incoherent rant is a prime example of the delusional self-insert masquerading as semi-rational commentary on a work of art.

As therapists are wont to say: "try to restate that without the judgment." Do you have anything to say about the story except that you disapprove of the characters' behavior?

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 7:06PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Thank you, you nailed it. You will read the epilogue and it will confirm your interpretation. Your interpretation definitely solved some of my questions concerning the sex scenes in the epilogue. At the end of the day, It is Aya's choice, and it is Sei's choice. Aya is happy, Sei is happy. If I read it correctly at the very end from Sei, there is no need of time or structure. There is no Haruki, no Mochida, no Yoru, nobody else in the epilogue. And this is how it should end, because these characters are no longer important. Notice that the epilogue is from the point of view from Sei. For her at least it is happily ever after, and Aya is walking on the footstep of Sei (in a good way).

joined Mar 8, 2019

yeah ya know why ranting? I have an even better idea how about you watch that flashback in ch9 and the epilogue notice something? Yup Aya is in the same place as Haruki was working herself for a bitch that doesn't deserve her and never wants to grow up let alone work on herself. The difference is Haruki decided to leave!

I’m ranting because I want to know if other people have read the manga like I have, if they have similar interpretations that are based on written text, not subtext they are forcing into their own psyche to convince themselves that it’s true.

I also genuinely want to hear other people’s interpretations based on the provided written text. I get people have their personal bias but I guess I just want people to admit it instead of spinning unfounded stuff.

Haruki didn’t decide to leave. She merely decided not to continue pursuing Aya after Aya rejected her formally. But not without trying to put up a fight. She went down swinging as she tried to get Aya to doubt her decision by throwing it in her face that Sei might not ever get over Yoru. Still, Aya said no. Aya made the choice not to become romantically involved with Haruki.

The only thing Haruki maybe chose to do is, FINALLY, respect Aya’s choice. Accepting defeat is the true choice Haruki made.

But unlike Sei And Yoru situation, there was a clean break. Yes, Haruki is heartbroken but she was never led on by Aya who made it explicitly clear in the beginning that she was not interested in Haruki.

Yeah Yoru was ruining herself but because of Sei sabotaging her own life even further without her consent she learned late on her own that the men she dated including Sei (who just wanted her as a toy) were never worth it! If Sei never went to the depths of depravity after being rejected by Yoru the first time chances are she would have been together with Yoru so it's her loss!

Yoru had already rejected Sei before she even got married. There was a pattern in her dating history prior to Sei’s involvement with her life. She had been repeatedly dating cheating scumbags who were using by her for sex. Plus, Yoru was sleeping with Sei while she was in other sexual relationships so it’s not like she’s faithful. Yoru was a lost individual even before Sei entered her life and she was on the path of trying to find a sugar daddy prior to Sei’s involvement.

But of course, feel free to believe what you want.

As for Haruki she pointed out numerous times over the years that Aya should work on herself and at least try to socialize with people which she never did! She ultimately chooses a better option than Sei and stops bothering with Aya at the end completely! Hope she finds someone better! Aya is just a braindead idiot! And I hope it's not Mochida... who if she would have been in love with Hosono simply should have confessed to him but nope she just wanted Haruki and Aya to suffer for no real reason and just used him as an excuse

But as stated previously, Haruki is trying to control Aya’s growth. She invited her to sit with her friends but when Aya started deviating from the “Haruki approved way of life”, she reacts by asserting herself inappropriately in Aya’s life.

No matter what Haruki’s intentions are, she has no right to invade Aya’s privacy or to intrude upon her other life. She especially does not have the right to narc on Aya just because she does not get her way. It is Aya’s life and her choice to f*ck who she wants.

And Sei is still a grooming manipulative pedophile and predator who has Child Pornography on her smartphone which she sends to another teen and gloats about in front of everyone and doesn't give a shit about Aya except her being her sextoy!

I think the word you’re looking for is ephebophile, not pedophile.

For me, the suggestive photo is barely pornographic. It’s akin to a bikini pic. My issue is Sei took the photo and shared it without Aya’s consent. But it becomes moot because Aya makes the choice to let Haruki see Aya’s goods herself.

Sure Sei f*cked with Haruki a little by making her jealous and tried to goad her into an argument but Sei didn’t gloat and show that pic to everyone.

And yes, Sei was definitely using Aya as a sexual outlet in the beginning but From the given text, and maybe I’m alone in this, I am inclined to believe that Sei began to look forward to the domestic things Aya did for her out of the bedroom.

Think maybe that’s why she thought about apologizing to Aya while having sex with Yoru… I mean who thinks about another girl while theyre having sex with the love of their life.

Good thing you aren’t or else we wouldn’t have such a juicy story rife with character development for the two real main characters.

Sei and Aya are decently written characters. I love characters with depth and sadly, Haruki just isn’t interesting enough to trump Sei and Aya drama. Nothing really separates her from other characters who suffered from the “I fell for my best friend” trope. That’s just me though.

Like I said, feel free to interpret the manga the way you want. Just wanted to get my piece out there so I can see if any one else feels the same.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 10:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.