Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

NEXT CHAPTER WHEN I NEED THEM TO KISS

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Good stuff, but I really appreciate their attempts at fieldcraft with their foliage camo.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Plus we are already at chapter 20 and the yuri is very minimum. It's like trying to fill a glass of water from a sink that's only dripping one drop every hour.

They said, about a manga where every single character is a lesbian and we literally have a science baby and a final form powered by pure gayness. What the heck?

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Ngl I'm crying a little bit

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Plus we are already at chapter 20 and the yuri is very minimum. It's like trying to fill a glass of water from a sink that's only dripping one drop every hour.

They said, about a manga where every single character is a lesbian and we literally have a science baby and a final form powered by pure gayness. What the heck?

Maybe you didn't get the way I mean "Yuri". There is no kissing, no dating, very minimum romance and mostly fights. And the fights kinda feel meaningless because it's just X randomly popping up and try to blow things. There is no plan in her actions or strategy, so I can't care enough about the fights to compensate for the lack of fanservice.
What I would classify as yuri moments was in the first chapters were Honey san was drooling over Hayate and there was some kind of tension.

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 4:29PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Maybe you didn't get the way I mean "Yuri".

Yeah that tends to happen when you use nonstandard definitions without explaining them.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah that tends to happen when you use nonstandard definitions without explaining them.

How is yuri nonstandard? Yuri literally means sexual stuff between two females and they even have the term shujo-Ai to distinct between stories with only the romance.
Simply having gay characters doesn't make something yuri, you know.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How is yuri nonstandard? Yuri literally means sexual stuff between two females and they even have the term shujo-Ai to distinct between stories with only the romance.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Thank you for proving my point.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

sigh Yuri is a general term in Japan to describe any type of relation between 2 girls being sexual or simply a crush, as long as it's the main focus of the story. Shojo-ai is a term used by Western publishers to make a difference between the two things i mentionned because they don't wanted to have a single term for everything. As for what Shojo-ai mean in japanese well, it's just a synonym of Lolicon

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wow, Hayate...

The plot of this manga used to be typical tokusatsu superhero fare.

Suddenly, you turned the story into Sailor Moon!!

Ah, not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Dec 9, 2014

sigh Yuri is a general term in Japan to describe any type of relation between 2 girls being sexual or simply a crush, as long as it's the main focus of the story. Shojo-ai is a term used by Western publishers to make a difference between the two things i mentionned because they don't wanted to have a single term for everything. As for what Shojo-ai mean in japanese well, it's just a synonym of Lolicon

Yeah, I know the "history" of the usage of the word. The thing is, it is generally used like I described among the fans. If you go to sites that stream anime, they have two different categories for Yuri and shoujo Ai, and they mean exactly that. Yuri can also mean the romance between two females because romance comes hand in hand with sexually explicit stuff.
You posted a pasted defunition but if you google "what is the difference between yuri and shoujo-Ai" the first thing that comes up is literally what I said.

It is not wrong to use yuri in the way I stated because this is how many fans use it, despite its origins. Plus even if we took the word yuri like you say, my original point still stands because yuri literally needs some type of romantic or sexual interaction between two females. And the person who replied to me first was like, because there are so many lesbians in this manga the story is Yuri. Which I said the sexual orientation of the characters alone doesn't mean there will be "yuri moments" in it as well.

I think anyone can understand what I mean if they want to, you're just nitpicking the definitions and history.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well if you're going to go by usage depending on frame of reference - this site is none of those sites and doesn't even have a separate shoujo-ai tag. "When in Rome..."
So deal.

And if you're not seeing "romantic or sexual interaction between two females" in this series it sounds like your definition- and interpretation-related communication barriers extend well beyond the "yuri" thing, just sayin'.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Thank Matsuri I wasn't the only one raising an eyebrow at that part. Like the manga is 70% Yuri 30% action.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Well if you're going to go by usage depending on frame of reference - this site is none of those sites and doesn't even have a separate shoujo-ai tag. "When in Rome..."
So deal.

And if you're not seeing "romantic or sexual interaction between two females" in this series it sounds like your definition- and interpretation-related communication barriers extend well beyond the "yuri" thing, just sayin'.

I didn't say there isn't at all. I said there is not enough for my taste, because the battles are boring. Pretty sure everyone knows that making a comment represents the person's personal opinion about a story, and not an objective truth.

last edited at Jun 11, 2021 7:02AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Pretty sure everyone knows that making a comment represents the person's personal opinion about a story, and not an objective truth.

This sure seems like some very hasty backpedaling from your earlier sweeping claims concerning terminology and its applicability...

joined Dec 9, 2014

Pretty sure everyone knows that making a comment represents the person's personal opinion about a story, and not an objective truth.

This sure seems like some very hasty backpedaling from your earlier sweeping claims concerning terminology and its applicability...

Because a widely used term for over 30 years among Western fans is the same as stating your preference for a story. If you lack the skills to differentiate between these two, that's not my fault.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Because a widely used term for over 30 years among Western fans is the same as stating your preference for a story. If you lack the skills to differentiate between these two, that's not my fault.

An artificial and irrelevant distinction imposed by Western publishers for marketing-related reasons. "They even have" indeed.

And even putting that aside your interpretation of what constitutes "yuri" and why this series isn't, like, really is absurdly narrow and selective.

last edited at Jun 11, 2021 7:50AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

An artificial and irrelevant distinction imposed by Western publishers for marketing-related reasons

Wait, do you mean to tell me we were on a Japanese forum all this time?. Great, I always wanted to learn Japanese but it turns out I was speaking it all along.

And even putting that aside your interpretation of what constitutes "yuri" and why this series isn't, like, really is absurdly narrow and selective.

I thought it is so obvious this story belongs to the Yuri category that someone taking my comment of "lack of Yuri between the two mains" as literally me saying they're just friends with maybe a hint of romance, would be retarded.
Then I explained how their interactions just weren't enough for me personally. Next time I'll ask you what preference I should have to make sure it's not narrow and selective.

20191227_223541
joined Dec 27, 2019

FINALLY THEY CONFESSED OH BOI WHAT A HAPPY DAY

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Also, I don't mean to be that guy but uh...has there ever been any art, wholesome or horny, of these two outside of the series? I feel like fanart of Hayate and Honey - or any of them really - is nonexistent.

THANK YOU! I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I'd appreciate the shipping art, but what I really want is to see fanart of Moe and her family doing family things. It would be so cute!

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Apparently I'm a whole bloody month late. Damn it... of course I had to get spoiled by tv tropes. Still, amazing! Now they need to figure out how to convince X to stop fighting and that there can be peace between humans and antinoids

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

this manga is garbage, the story isn't going anywhere.

joined Feb 22, 2019

new chapter is raw

joined Jul 4, 2018

the idea of 'how about we just all cohabitate as evil and good lesbians' is something that hit me pretty hard. even if i summarized that a little off

To reply you must either login or sign up.