Forum › The Train discussion

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Ah, another masterpiece from murasakino. I remember how this author always almost give me a heart attack on the first half. No text yet it speaks more than the 280 characters of twitter

EvelineClariss
joined Feb 17, 2019

I don't know why but even with the end page suggesting they're reuniting, this still feels sad to me for some reason...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I understood nothing of this :P I'm not even sure which characters were the focus in some panels...

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

fuck all throughout I had the dreaded feeling this was gonna be like 5 centimeters per sec kinda of thing (and that traumatized me) but please tell me the ending is that one of them is waiting for the other to surprise her right????

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I understood nothing of this :P I'm not even sure which characters were the focus in some panels...

Allow me to use my limited (but most probably sufficient regarding this context) knowledge of Japanese culture and also high school and university to answer this!

In the 2nd page the girl on the right is eventually revealed as the future ver of the girl on the left. We go through her story of meeting and subsequently forming a close friendship (that look on pg 4 suggests otherwise) the girl in the ponytail. However on pg 7 the japanese written on the plaque 進路指導室 (career counselling room) indicates that the short haired girl and ponytail girl are headed towards different paths after high school (followed by panels of the short haired girl in pg 8 going for various university open campuses as well as spending time studying presumably for entrance exams).

After that they slowly drift apart with the short haired girl leaving to further her studies but possibly reuniting with her super close no-homo best friend after sending that text message.

Hope this unsolicited explanation of the manga clears up your confusion!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
From page 11 she is departing for the first time - wearing a hoodie.
Then from page 13 she is returning at a later date - wearing a winter coat.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I wondered what did the ponytail girl said before her departure. Is it "I'll wait for you" or "I wished you the best" sort of thing

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

oh that was kinda sad

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

I could recognize Murasakino's art just from the first panel, their art and stories are blessings
I hope the two girls got together

last edited at May 23, 2021 12:28PM

7cef6765-347e-4891-9364-552dfe71ffd8
joined Sep 28, 2020

there should be a separate tag for yuri taking place in trains bc train yuri are (most of the time) good reads

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

joined Feb 21, 2021

The way the other girl just lean on that spot hiding trying to stop herself while the MC is waiting for her but she needs to leave...years later she stood on the same spot finally get to see her again..

joined May 1, 2015

I got the feeling that when MC was going to college, her GF parted ways with her because they had different career or job prospects.
When MC departed, she wanted to be sent off by her love interest, but she didn't come as far as MC was concerned.
When MC came back, she was hoping to reunite with the person she loved because she still had feelings for her.
She got to the station and there was no one there.
Honestly MC's girlfriend pisses me off.
I don't know her circumstances but if she loves MC she should have supported her.
Yes, I know that she was there for both occasions but MC didn't see her so it doesn't count. She made MC sad and that I cannot forgive.
Honestly MC is better off with someone else that isn't as selfish.
My two cents.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

I kinda get it but if I'm wrong then it's wrong, so at the near end. (Maybe?) She's gonna be moving, and at the last part. She's gonna surprise the white haired girl because she's back.

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

dang

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Honestly MC is better off with someone else that isn't as selfish.

If anything the MC was the selfish one. She was the one who left in the first place. She had no right to expect the other girl to wait for her or whatever.

last edited at May 23, 2021 3:16PM

Yukari Yakumo
Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Aaagnst tag please

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Murasakino's clever way of depicting seasons thou!
I was kinda prepared for a sad outcome, but the ending brought me some hope!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I had no idea what happened, but pretty art

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

beautiful, words literally cannot express

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Hmmm ok so I’m gonna assume it’s a hopeful ending and not a bittersweet one...no angst today!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was pretty sad...if you look at the chat log, you can also see that MC has tried to keep in touch with the ex(?) more than once, but she never got a response back (just left on read). So I kinda agree with the post who said the girlfriend annoyed them. It's like, if you really care for her and still want a relationship (because she obviously still does), why doesn't she answer back or visibly show herself to the MC?

I understand that maybe she didn't want to show herself when MC left because angsty teens can't deal with departures, but i dunno... why not greet her back when you are actually interested in keeping in touch? Maybe it's the awkward guilt of not responding back for so long?

It also looks like the mc was actually still interested in staying together even though their paths changed, but the ex broke it off herself suddenly without even letting MC know about how the distance made her feel.

Anyway at first I thought the end was hopeful, but I don't think it will be now.

Edit: although I guess looking back again, the ex is blushing so maybe it will be a hopeful end, but still kind of a douchey thing to do to not let them know you are there beforehand and to make her feel bad when she gets back.

last edited at May 23, 2021 6:55PM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Good art is all I have to say :') a little bit confused but it's so PRETTY

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Edit: although I guess looking back again, the ex is blushing so maybe it will be a hopeful end, but still kind of a douchey thing to do to not let them know you are there beforehand and to make her feel bad when she gets back.

I think she maybe wanted to surprise her or something

joined May 23, 2021

I love the art, also the ditale that put into it, sakura petals means spring, green leaves mean summer, yellow leaves mean fall also snow means winter

To reply you must either login or sign up.