Forum › rely on me discussion

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

The text was... uh, really weird and I didn't quite follow, I like nonsense but this... I just ugh! - _ - *

joined Jun 16, 2015

Okay, everyone's confusion is warranted but no one's outright pointing out any errors so I'll do it. (Excuse my shoddy Japanese typing skills)

Pg5

Maki: もしかして希と絵里がふたりで先に旅行しちゃったのがうらやましかったとか...?
Nico: 別にそういうわけじゃ...ってなによそれ!?にこ知らないんだけど!!?(めちゃ楽しいそう)

What's there:

• It's not likely, but could it be that Eri is jealous we're traveling together?
  • If there's another reason, say so... What about it?! I really don't know?! (Maybe do something really fun?!)

More like:

• Could it be you're jealous that Nozomi and Eli left you alone to go off on their own trip...?
  • That's not really... Wait, what?! I had no clue about that though?!? (Looks like they're having tons of fun too!)

Idk I guess you /could/ say that's a pretty okayish translation? All the right nouns and verbs are there, they just refer to the wrong things. The earlier pages probably could've been fixed with a proper QC.

But then you get to the dreaded "disgusting couple" page:

Nico: それにしたって真姫ちゃんも大概はしゃいでたわよね~
Maki: な!? 別に!わたしはにこちゃんに合わせてただけだし...!なによ~!
Nico: べっつに~?子どもっぽい真姫ちゃんもかわいいな~って思っただけよ
Maki: な...何よそれ...
Maki: どっちかて言うとにこちゃんの方こそ見た目相応で可愛かったわよ!
Nico: なんかムカつく言い方ね

• But Maki-chan, you were pretty hyped up yourself.
  • Wh-?! Not really! I was just following your example...! What?
  • Nothing~? Just thinking that such a childish Maki-chan is pretty cute too~
  • W... What's with that...
  • If anything, you're adequately cute for the way you look, Nico-chan!*
  • That's a pretty irritating way of putting it.

*tbh I have no idea what 見た目相応 means so this is an educated guess. A far cry from any talk about couples though.

Trust your gut, people.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Thank you very much DestinyTN. The moment that I cant understand the text, I knew it was cuz of translation but I made sure about the numbering of pages and also,lol, the direction of panels (right to left.ofc Japanese).
But this is still nice, ofc it's NicoMaki. To the translators/scanlators, thank you very much ^^
Good luck with your next project.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Thanks a lot for the clarifications, DestinyTN. Sorry I couldn't help out with pointing out the mistakes, as I don't own the raws. Really grateful someone did it for us!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

This is a dire translation, and I hope somebody does something with it.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Updated with a new and improved translation, thanks to Katzius.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Oh, sweet. Thanks for that, Katzius.
It somehow feels like I'm reading a completely different story. Like really different.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Side note: I'm so glad to see people starting to react to shoddy translations. Keep it up, people. :D

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Always wondered why eri and nozomi are portrayed as the "Mature" yuri couple compared to everyone else.

Amanda%20baptista%20avy
joined Mar 13, 2016

So glad this got a new translation. The old one was unreadable trash. So awful it made me get kind of upset. Like, if you're going to do it that way you might as well not bother at all.

New one's completely serviceable and the translator should be commended for fixing this mess. It was a good read. c:

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 3:27PM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

So glad this got a new translation. The old one was unreadable trash. So awful it made me get kind of upset. Like, if you're going to do it that way you might as well not bother at all.

Don't be so harsh. At least, they made effort.
But anyway, thank you for the new translation. :)

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

finally they correct the spechs i love this doujin so much dude with the correct translation wa so awesome

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

Oh whoa, this makes sense now, didn't notice when that happened. Thanks, new translators!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Yeesh, I'm glad I read this when I did. Who knows what it originally was like before. I feel bad for some of the harsh comments made towards the translation, but criticism was definitely warranted. Either way, fourth panel, got 'em

last edited at May 11, 2021 2:18AM

joined Jun 8, 2022

Oh goodness, I read this at A REALLLY GOOD TIME!!!!!~~
Apparently there was a bad translation on here before... So I'm REALLY happy I get to read the fixed version!~
HUUUUUUUGE thanks to the Artist and the translators, as well as the Translation fixers!

Goodness NicoMaki gives me LIFE!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.