Forum › Please Remove Binbou Scanlation's Work From the Reader

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Is this some "gotta delete my internet footprint" thing? Since your work is already rehosted on many scraper sites that will never take it down anyways, is there any point in this? Will you give up this tantrum if we get sankaku or some other gossip site to post "Arckuno, translator for Binbou Scanlations, wants THESE CHAPTERS deleted from Dynasty" as a big, bold headline?

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I doubt it needs to be said, but just in case, let me make very clear that the sections of Choir worked on by Zefiberyl are NOT to be removed.

Arckuno, you've disappointed me. As a scanlator, a possessive attitude toward the works you altered without permission is as selfish as it is hypocrisy. At best we are mere stewards of others' work, not lords and masters of "our" work. If this is how it ends, I regret ever wishing you well on your efforts.

last edited at May 3, 2021 11:33AM

Zefiberyl never worked with Binbou.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Thankfully, indeed.

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

Well... this is a sad sight if I ever saw one.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

This has got to be one of the most pathetic displays I've seen on this site. Yes, the site does put the goodwill of scanlators above all, and yours seems to have been lost, but note that you are not a one-man team as far as your collaborations are concerned. Sure, go ahead and remove your solo projects, but unless the others who did collabs with you explicitly say that they want their work removed, you don't get the right to demand as such. I'll refrain from talking about the specifics of this mess until I get permission to, but from what I've heard, it seems like you're throwing a tantrum over something so fucking minor.

last edited at May 3, 2021 12:25PM

Things have built up for years that have made me want to do this. Could call it the straw that broke the camel's back, but go ahead and call it whatever you want. Should have been done a few years ago in all honesty. Thanks for the kind words.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Collaborations with drpepperfan will not be removed, per his discretion. Mainline Binbou work will be removed as time allows. Due to technical constraints, this might take a few days. You're welcome to follow up as you deem fit. Thank you for your patience. Take care, Arc.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

but go ahead and call it whatever you want.

I would call it punishing readers for issues you have with other people.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Not to mention punishing scanlators, both directly (those that worked together on the releases being taken down) and indirectly (those who translated different chapters of the same manga, eg. Fuzoroi and Choir). I don't understand why such a selfish request is being indulged, personally.

last edited at May 3, 2021 1:15PM

Not to mention punishing scanlators, both directly (those that worked together on the releases being taken down) and indirectly (those who translated different chapters of the same manga, eg. Fuzoroi and Choir). I don't understand why such a selfish request is being indulged, personally.

This site requires a groups consent before uploading their work, no special reason that consent can't be revoked.

I'm sure readers will be able to find my and others' work on that website with Sun Wukong as their mascot.

last edited at May 3, 2021 1:29PM by

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's kinda pointless too.

It's not like the works are going to disappear from the face of the Internet, so it's purely a petty revenge(?) on Dynasty for some perceived slight on an inflated ego.

That's kinda pointless too.

It's not like the works are going to disappear from the face of the Internet, so it's purely a petty revenge(?) on Dynasty for some perceived slight on an inflated ego.

I'll be removing my work from mangadex as well whenever they're back up. Only other site I can think of that I can. Would remove them from the illicit readers if I could.

Thread has run its course. Remember to buy from your favorite yuri artist, kids!

last edited at May 3, 2021 1:35PM by

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Orange Pekoe is handling the status of the works involved. For matters such as this, please contact us first, rather than taking anything actions by yourself.

This topic has been locked.