Forum › Tears of Pearl discussion

joined Apr 14, 2013

What a cute read

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Cigarettes != Chocolate was a great introspective piece, but I didn't care much for how it just stopped without so much of a pointer to the future.

This on the other hand was another great introspective piece, this time with an ending. Liked it a lot.

joined Jun 5, 2014

loved this kind of ending!! eventho it will have a sad true ending when the girl grow old and the mermaid live forever

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

omg :o the person that created cigarette and choco :0

N7
joined Aug 12, 2014

damn it, i love this kind of story, anyone can tell me such a similiar story??

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Ok nice Story but can someone explain me how they gonna have sex 'cause I don't see anything but a tail...!!!

:D I was thinking about the same thing. Some magic maybe? :D

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

I can't see this going anywhere though unless she grows legs outside of water completely
Too bad

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Pg.8, I never noticed that sign before.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Page 7 really killed me when she was explaining the pearls came from her dying little sister. It went from 0 to 60 so fast in that one short panel.

joined Dec 18, 2014

That was so incredibly beautiful <3

last edited at Dec 19, 2014 10:59AM

joined Feb 15, 2015

I wish they could make babies together so the mermaid population would thrive on but that's probably impossible ;-;

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

^ I love you for bumping this. Straight to the favourites list...

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

this would be a cute series ;-;

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

this is just too sweet! :)

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I wonder what will happen to their love story then if the mermaid can leave that long years... Minami is just a human... unless if there were possibilities that Sarasa could have a feet or Minami can become a mermaid... hahaha... what a wishful thinking that I have. I like the story and how they're feelings developed.

joined Jul 20, 2011

When was the last time you saw a fish vagina? most fish have the ability to hide them

Shouldn't merfolk be half-cetacean though? They're mammals.

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

Today while I was washing the dishes... I thought of something... (train of thought= washing dishes--> saw a fork--> remebered Disney's The little mermaid--> mermaid --> yuri mermaid --> this one-shot)

I thought that maybe there is more to the sign to just show us the whole rumor thing is a misunderstanding... maybe I'm reading to much into it but, mermaid's tears seem to be quite of a big deal... so for a mermaid to willingly give one to a human must be pretty rare... Sarasa kept her sister's tears as a memento, and was purely showing them to Minami when the girl brought up getting one of those instead... Sarasa didn't directly object but somehow or another made it so the pearl remained with her... And at the end Sarasa cries out of la broken heart, then says she won't give the tear as a blessing to Minami's love.

What I thought goes like this: the sign says a girl helped a mermaid and the mermaid gave her a pearl... maybe the pearl wasn't the direct result of helping her...more like maybe that meeting led them to know each other... and what if that mermaid also fell in love with a human... only for her to discover the girl loved someone else; however instead of going Sarasa's way (allowing herself a little selfishness) she decided to bless her beloved love with her tears ;A; (she could have said it was as thanks for the help tho...)

Most in this forum will agree mermaid stories usually have a tragic ending... maybe this one does not have it... cuz the tragic ending passed long ago...if it is as I think then this author gave us two love stories at the price of one... what do you think? o- o (it's completely ok if you think I went nuts while washing the dishes).

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 11:05PM

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

cute more monster girl tag !!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Let The joy of love keep your hands up

joined Aug 27, 2017

nice

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

Today while I was washing the dishes... I thought of something... (train of thought= washing dishes--> saw a fork--> remebered Disney's The little mermaid--> mermaid --> yuri mermaid --> this one-shot)

I thought that maybe there is more to the sign to just show us the whole rumor thing is a misunderstanding... maybe I'm reading to much into it but, mermaid's tears seem to be quite of a big deal... so for a mermaid to willingly give one to a human must be pretty rare... Sarasa kept her sister's tears as a memento, and was purely showing them to Minami when the girl brought up getting one of those instead... Sarasa didn't directly object but somehow or another made it so the pearl remained with her... And at the end Sarasa cries out of la broken heart, then says she won't give the tear as a blessing to Minami's love.

What I thought goes like this: the sign says a girl helped a mermaid and the mermaid gave her a pearl... maybe the pearl wasn't the direct result of helping her...more like maybe that meeting led them to know each other... and what if that mermaid also fell in love with a human... only for her to discover the girl loved someone else; however instead of going Sarasa's way (allowing herself a little selfishness) she decided to bless her beloved love with her tears ;A; (she could have said it was as thanks for the help tho...)

Most in this forum will agree mermaid stories usually have a tragic ending... maybe this one does not have it... cuz the tragic ending passed long ago...if it is as I think then this author gave us two love stories at the price of one... what do you think? o- o (it's completely ok if you think I went nuts while washing the dishes).

This is just too much. Oh god...

I don't think the author went that far, it's just your moment of frigde brilliance. Still this gives so much more angst to Sarasa's "selfish" decision, and makes the happy ending more precious than I've ever thought before.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

This was well worth the read. Too bad it was somewhat on the short side.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This was well worth the read. Too bad it was somewhat on the short side.

If you liked this one you might also like Song of the Sea. Apart from those two I remember at least a couple more mermaid stories, I'll try to find them for you later. This one is cute as well, but with no actual mermaids.

joined Sep 27, 2020

Why do people are so insistent on the idea that a mermaid NEED magical/out of nowhere legs to be happy with a human?
There's always a more realistic solution:
Sarasa can use a wheelchair,the human girl maybe build a house next to the shore,Sarasa can live in a pool/bathtub in the human house,the mermaid being carried by the human to move on land,etc
It feels so cheap and unsatisfying when the mermaid just grow legs with no reason at all instead of solving this problem in creative/plausible ways

To reply you must either login or sign up.