Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

I guess maybe I'm a dirty girl but I really wanna know why Shimamura was just so warm and fuzzy after her date with Adachi and what exactly she meant by not the only part of her that felt satisfied lol

That makes two of us being dirty girls lmao Iruma really teased, I thought we were gonna see Adachi go all out for her birthday or something, but no, like what left her that satisfied????¿? Imagine they dare I say it kissed and that's why. Tbh them doing that on her birthday sounds so sweet and romantic to me.

And question 10 on that extra, their answers are just perfect, sums them up.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I guess maybe I'm a dirty girl but I really wanna know why Shimamura was just so warm and fuzzy after her date with Adachi and what exactly she meant by not the only part of her that felt satisfied lol

wait
when did she said that?

pg 51 at the bottom half thru to page 52 :)

joined Feb 17, 2021

I would like to think Adachi finally asked Shima to live together~ but I also think a kiss or something is better LOL

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 8:56AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Ohhhh another anime special first one was pretty good hope this one is the same.

Hey guys do you all think Shima is gay? Her conversation with Pancho kinda made it seem so with the whole asking her if she looked at girls and thought they were pretty and wanting to fondle some breasts, and Shimamura realizing that indeed she did both, I just found it interesting she could be gay, since Yuri tends to go with the "I love you cuz you're you, gender doesn't matter".

Well Adachi does kinda fall into that category though of loving Shima cuz she's Shima but even she had some difficulty accepting it at the beginning and kept telling herself she was "normal" but I think it's more of being scared what Shima would think about her, when Shima accepted it she completely stopped caring about both being girls since her love was accepted, now it's just Shima wanting to be careful.

The questions are pretty interesting, so the next volume will be around February eh? Valentine's again haha, c'mon Shima what do you mean it's got nothing to do with you .... Adachi's gonna be sad if you forget, she's gonna have to go for another subtle hint like last year eh?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Heh, the Kase-san reference.

Now that I think about it... How often have we seen any novel mention something else not related to its author or artist? Possible hint at who is going to be the new illustrator for the novels after non quit?

Casandra smith
joined Feb 21, 2021

I think Adachi may be a mild autistic teenager from her character and behaviour. She is lucky to meet Shimamura who is brave and willing to accept her love.

joined Jun 7, 2019

no updates since a while
I miss my girls, I need more of Adachi and her gay panics

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 1:57AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Indeed there's nothing quite like this series when it comes to Yuri, romance, and amazong character development.

You know who's a characters thats kinda overlooked that's played a pretty important role and os very mysterious, that fortune teller lady, I always enjoy her big juicy red lips description lol, anyways she's really like Adachi's impetus in a lot of important moments, she helped her realize her feelings, she's always giving her good advice, she let her be able to finally talk to someone abkut uer feelings and sort herself out, she's a real nice gal.

And well while she seemed to just be cold reading her when she noticed how much Adachi really did need someone to talk to she actually went serious and became a good friendish sort of person to her, also she says a lot of stuff that makes you wonder if she actually has some powers or something.

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

Oh god, this latest chapter makes me feel sad and lonely

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 10:47PM

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Really thought Shimamura was going to die right there when she spoke with Adachi. This whole chapter is such a hefty spoonful of heartache and melancholy, I love it

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 11:00PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

That chapter was great

but also what the fuck lol

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Classic high school SoL yuri light novel talking about reincarnation, soulmates, the inevitability of death, and a far flung post apocalypse world with a blue haired alien... wait what?

17f08437a1fee797f21f96377ee80798
joined Sep 22, 2020

someone explain what just happened. I almost did not understand what I just read.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Thanks for the translation as always! Why do the chapter numbers skip from 2 to 4? Is it because there was no chapter in volume 3 of the anime BD?

someone explain what just happened. I almost did not understand what I just read.

The first and last few pages are the POV of Chito, the girl traveling on a barren planet in the first two special chapters, as she first meets Yashiro. Yashiro made a promise with old Shimamura about helping future versions of herself and Adachi find each other, which is what happens in the second special chapter when Chito meets Shima.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Thanks for the translation as always! Why do the chapter numbers skip from 2 to 4? Is it because there was no chapter in volume 3 of the anime BD?

Scans for the third BD story weren't available until literally the other day, so sneik went ahead and tl'd the 4th one first. We'll be getting the 3rd one a while from now, I'd guess.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Good to know, thanks. I wonder if these chapters will be rereleased as an extra post-ending novel eventually, they're basically one.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So we finally find out what the promise was. And what a nice request it was. ^_^

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Even in death sister's name remains mystery.

last edited at Apr 24, 2021 10:50AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I hope I'll be still of sound enough mind to play Dragon Quest in my mid-80s.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

The first and last few pages are the POV of Chito, the girl traveling on a barren planet in the first two special chapters, as she first meets Yashiro. Yashiro made a promise with old Shimamura about helping future versions of herself and Adachi find each other, which is what happens in the second special chapter when Chito meets Shima.

Thanks for the explanation, I was also a bit lost while reading this chapter, it’s been a while.

Honestly, this was a very bittersweet chapter.
Seeing how Shimamura practically outlived everyone, her parents, little sister, friends, and Adachi too, and is now just aimlessly living, waiting for death to arrive is quite sad, but on the other hand, it’s nice knowing they lived together for basically their entire lives, and that one day they’ll meet again, literally, still a bit lost on all this timeline stuff.

It’s also sweet seeing Shimamura and Yashiro act the same towards one another even after 70 years have passed, and that she kept Shimamura’s promise centuries later.

I seriously love this yuri, I regret not picking it up earlier, I’m glad I watched the anime.

last edited at Apr 26, 2021 12:03AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Iys especially sad considering Shimas the one with such a fear of death loss and change, it seems things have gotten better after a lifetime with shima but well you know still quite f'd up she's the one to outlast everyone.

Beautiful stuff though that Yashiro will be helping them get together in different lives, now that's a good friend right there, I did always get a bit annoyed she came up to just grab food and cuntblock them every once in a while but with such a tight aftercare package I'd gladly welcome a loli alien at my dinner table for every meal.

joined Jun 7, 2019

i receive
adashima B4
you receive
depression

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

So BD4 was brilliantly heartbreaking, but I just caught up and I'm curious about others' thoughts on Shimamura's mom saying that "there've been some... difficulties" with Adachi's mom (BD2). From Shimamura's reaction, it seems like she was being serious. This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the moms developed feelings for the other, and now they're trying to cut it off?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
I wouldn't look that deeply into it, I saw that as just an extension of the odd friendship they have going on in the main story, their personalities are opposite and Adachi's mom gets annoyed easily by Shimamura's.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I watched the dub of the anime, and found I enjoyed it a bit more than the first time around, when I watched it subbed. I was more able to appreciate the "slow burn" progression of Adachi and Shimamura's relationship, although the somewhat more dysfunctional aspect of their relationship, particularly Adachi's insistence on not making any friends besides Shimamura and Shimamura not really being aware of the depth of Adachi's feelings for her, still became evident around the double-digit episodes.

Oddly enough, the dubbed version of Episode 12 doesn't seem to be available on Funimation. Is it not out yet, is it missing due to an error(the dub's missing for a couple episodes of Jojo's- one for Battle Tendency and two for Battle in Egypt), or did the producers of the dub take Nagafuji's advice and decide not to air the last episode so it seems like the anime would never end?

EDIT: I just saw Episode 12 become available. Maybe it was an error, after all.

last edited at May 13, 2021 2:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.