Forum › I Will Not Be a Girl discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ I swear I saw this comment over an hour ago. Did you somehow screw up the space-time continuum?

Lol, resend accident.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I give him a week or two

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The question is... will they still be happy after a month or two?

Eh probably.

Yeah it probably wont be something that makes Them dread living

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Can't make yuri without cracking some eggs.

This manga is so unrealistic. It ruins my suspension of disbelief that he wouldn't immediately cave in at the invitation to be cuddly girlfriends with his friend.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Wow, he's tough.
I would have caved in immediately :D

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This manga is so unrealistic. It ruins my suspension of disbelief that he wouldn't immediately cave in at the invitation to be cuddly girlfriends with his friend.

I have seen enough Isekai to be used to these dolts

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It was surprising to me how all of the boys in the school agreed so quickly. I guess that's peer pressure and cuteness for you.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Eggy Mangakas need to take a cold shower smh

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

sees title

Huh, that's what they all said.

QuixoticMilotic
joined Oct 28, 2018

Eggnarok

joined Mar 13, 2020

Does this guy make housecalls?

Joking aside I'm always a bit...conflicted (?) about genderbender like this. It's been an interest and fantasy for a long time, yet I do not really count myself as trans or anything like it really. Makes me feel like I'm stepping on peoples toes by enjoying something for a more shallow reason.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Joking aside I'm always a bit...conflicted (?) about genderbender like this. It's been an interest and fantasy for a long time, yet I do not really count myself as trans or anything like it really. Makes me feel like I'm stepping on peoples toes by enjoying something for a more shallow reason.

It's fine to enjoy something even if you're not part of the target demographic or the group being portrayed- indeed, one of the ways global awareness about queer media and narratives spreads is via supportive allies. The LGBT movement was always based in solidarity, acceptance and inclusion, and in the hopes that those who weren't recognized or accepted by society could come together and acknowledge each other's stories. You can enjoy a lesbian story if you're straight, or a nonbinary story if you're trans, or a story about an asexual man in Russia if you're from Brazil.

The key is empathy and respect, and while certain people might certainly relate more to stories that portray their respective sexualities, that doesn't make anyone else's experience 'shallow'. Just make sure you don't end up like those weebs who read genderbender stuff for kinks and then treat actual trans folk like crap, because fetishization is pretty big issue with this genre. This also applies to a lot of authors that write genderbender, since they play the situation for jokes and end up reinforcing heteronormativity with tropes like 'turning into a girl will make you want to do guys, regardless of your original sexuality'. Thankfully, this one's a lot more wholesome, and I hope we get more content like this in the future. Enjoying something as great as this isn't shallow at all- it just means you've got good taste.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You can like something for whatever reason you want, and nobody has the authority to tell you that you can't or shouldn't.

joined Feb 7, 2013

with tropes like 'turning into a girl will make you want to do guys, regardless of your original sexuality'.

Imagine a gender bender story with a gay male character who gets turned into a girl and discovers she's starting to like girls instead now. =O

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Reminds me (unfortunately) of Kampfer: Boy can transform into a girl. His crush openly likes "him" as a girl. Boy refuses??

joined Mar 13, 2020

It's fine to enjoy something even if you're not part of the target demographic or the group being portrayed- indeed, one of the ways global awareness about queer media and narratives spreads is via supportive allies. The LGBT movement was always based in solidarity, acceptance and inclusion, and in the hopes that those who weren't recognized or accepted by society could come together and acknowledge each other's stories. You can enjoy a lesbian story if you're straight, or a nonbinary story if you're trans, or a story about an asexual man in Russia if you're from Brazil.

The key is empathy and respect, and while certain people might certainly relate more to stories that portray their respective sexualities, that doesn't make anyone else's experience 'shallow'. Just make sure you don't end up like those weebs who read genderbender stuff for kinks and then treat actual trans folk like crap, because fetishization is pretty big issue with this genre. This also applies to a lot of authors that write genderbender, since they play the situation for jokes and end up reinforcing heteronormativity with tropes like 'turning into a girl will make you want to do guys, regardless of your original sexuality'. Thankfully, this one's a lot more wholesome, and I hope we get more content like this in the future. Enjoying something as great as this isn't shallow at all- it just means you've got good taste.

Thank you for those kind words, I sort of know those things already I think but it's always nice to check your assumptions and ideas with others. I would definitely never equate something made more for fluff/humour/kink as the "real thing". As for the heteronormative part I think you can do it in many different ways, though your example is for sure overrepresented. My own fantasy goes to liking guys instead but that's just me haha!

You can like something for whatever reason you want, and nobody has the authority to tell you that you can't or shouldn't.

Thank you as well~

joined May 4, 2013

I don't consider myself that either. I just want to be pretty, girly, preferably have female genitalia and be a kind and understanding mom one day. It's only what I want for myself, Anon-kun. Totally not trans though.
Just kidding, enjoy what you want, be who you are.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I'm pretty much in the same boat!
That said I believe in always enjoying what you like.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

As a Tran, I officially confer upon anyone reading through this the right (that they already had) to enjoy this story without guilt. I see you. Gate’s open, come on in!

To reply you must either login or sign up.