Forum › Lit a Light discussion

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Me likey

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Huh, her boss turned out to be a pretty decent guy

Since he was the one who got Matsui flight tickets which eventually led to them being together...I guess you might say he was the wingman?

Thing is, most bosses are pretty decent dudes to dudes who a) bring in the money (or do good services, as in this case) and b) stay loyal. Matsui did both of those things, that's why she got to retire in peace -- and serve as an aspirational example to her boss' other underlings. It's all good politics on "aniki's" part.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Was pleasantly surprised as I expected some kinda tragedy or something, either the love interest getting gunned down or being in on the plot and deciding to reveal only for it to be too late. But instead! A nice happy ending for them both.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Homegirl really pulled an MP7 outta that apron

joined Jul 8, 2019

I don't think Takahashi has been a hitwoman. The Miike goons refer to her as "figurehead" and "young lady", meaning that she was more of a yakuza princess, rather than a full-time killer like Matsui. This explains her combat skills, but seeing how she tried to quit her family's lifestyle by finding honest work, I do not think that her innocence was faked at any point.

You are most likely right in all points.

I just love scenes where the helpless bystander turns out not to be so helpless. It's a sadly, criminaly underused narrative device.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't think Takahashi has been a hitwoman. The Miike goons refer to her as "figurehead" and "young lady", meaning that she was more of a yakuza princess, rather than a full-time killer like Matsui. This explains her combat skills, but seeing how she tried to quit her family's lifestyle by finding honest work, I do not think that her innocence was faked at any point.

You are most likely right in all points.

I just love scenes where the helpless bystander turns out not to be so helpless. It's a sadly, criminaly underused narrative device.

Best use of this trope was in the Bad Times at the El Royale movie IMO. Still get goosebumps at the 'Miles, how many people have you killed?' scene.

last edited at Jan 6, 2021 6:44AM

Takahashi: Oh gosh I’m too nervous to approach any customers :/

Also Takahashi: pulls out guns who wants to get shot in the face????

Lmao I loved this and I loved the ending.

joined Aug 7, 2016

Did Tadokoro-san write this or what?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Takahashi: Oh gosh I’m too nervous to approach any customers :/

Also Takahashi: pulls out guns who wants to get shot in the face????

Shooting people is so much simpler than conversing with them -- or at least, it's supposed to get easier after the first time. Communication is harder than violence, that's why most popular entertainment is about the former, while people actually talking out their problems with each other is so rare...

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Is like a typical movie from the 90 but yuri

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Poor old ladies inside the grocery store.

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

FUCKIN YEEEEEEESSSSS
SOMETHING I CAN READ WHILE HEARING DARK RAP

Untitled152_20200613025305
joined Jun 12, 2020

The story had me on edge until the twist istg-
I thought either of the girls was gonna die and it'd be a sad ending-

last edited at Jan 6, 2021 4:59PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Loved to read this draft, can't wait to read the real deal ... soon enough, with 53 chapters long or so ...

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

This was so good omfg

joined Jan 8, 2020

That dropped, but completely unfired cartridge on page 34 makes me unreasonably annoyed...

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

The store lady pulling out a gun and firing on the goons.
Damn haha, wasn't expecting that, but I like it!
Really nice they got a happy ending.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

LOL I could see that being the case.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I love this.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

was already expecting she's part of the miike clan and thought she was gonna betray matsui at first.
but this.. i love this so much

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

'my store lady can't be this badass'

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

that't a perfect story rly <3
now what could make it more perfect?
a nsfw chapter 02 onegai shimaaaasu )

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

SO DAMN PRECIOUS ♥♥

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

LOL I could see that being the case.

TOTALLY XDDD

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Favorite right away!!
We do need more real yuri + action, ahhh

To reply you must either login or sign up.