Forum › Out of the Blue! discussion

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Yankee-chan to Megane-chan?

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

This is one of the most perfectly balanced couples I have seen in a long while. Risa's teasing never goes over her boundaries, and Kazumi is so fluffy behind her tough exterior. ;w;

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

ahahahaha, man this is funneh~ xD kept laughing until the end! Now, another on! :3

One more chapter right? These two have easily become one of my favorite (potential for now) couples. The story doesn't feel like it'll lead up to some dramatic end of friendship sort of thing and Kazumi isn't exactly against it and I really appreciate the bit of angst and questioning that is in the story. I have a feel they'll work out together.

joined Aug 26, 2014

This couple is wayyyyyyy to cute!
Its not good for my heart!! DX

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This is SO CUTE and I enjoy Risa's teasing. u//w//u It was really interesting how different the first "chapter" was from the second! I really hope it continues.

I don't even know if this is yuri or not.

Yuri is the love of girls by girls and portrays the emotional, social, and sexual aspects of such feelings to full on lesbian relationships. A lot of people like using the term Shojo-Ai to describe subtle Yuri, but I don't really like that term and it just muddles things up a bit.

No matter if the story is incredibly subtle or shows the characters confession and having sex with each other, if it involves a girl loving another girl to me that is Yuri; the love can be unrequited. This fits the Japanese definition of Yuri and unlike Shonen-Ai, Shojo-Ai is an entirely western creation.

Technically stories like Burst Angel are Yuri and if Burst Angel can at least be said to have solid Yuri elements in the story, then obviously Out of the Blue MUST be considered Yuri.

last edited at Nov 12, 2014 10:31AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Shojo-Ai is an entirely western creation.

I don't remember where I read it (it might have been a scanlator's blog, I want to say NHFH) but I read somewhere that apparently in Japan shoujo-ai literally means girls love. As in young girls only.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Shojo-Ai is an entirely western creation.

I don't remember where I read it (it might have been a scanlator's blog, I want to say NHFH) but I read somewhere that apparently in Japan shoujo-ai literally means girls love. As in young girls only.

Yes, that's what I know as well.
Same for Shounen Ai, in Japan it's basically Shota Yaoi, not "Light" Yaoi.
Not sure how exactly western manga community changed their understanding of Shoujo Ai and Shounen Ai.

last edited at Nov 12, 2014 12:59PM

joined Aug 4, 2014

Another fav. Kazumi is just so cute when blushing and being uncomfortable and Risa is badass with that directness and calmness - so different from usual emotionally unstable or hesitating characters. Good thing that there was no sleeping kiss since that's exactly what Risa said - taking advantage of somebody. I dislike it very much because it resembles molestation to me.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ah man Risa is such a good character. I want a Risa in my life! sob

But it's nice to see her being so direct without being pushy or manipulative or just forcing herself onto Kazumi. arghfhh these two are so cute

Yurimangac
joined Nov 15, 2013

I want more of it!

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

This manga gives me liFE. The characters are so refreshingly straightforward and honest. And both manage to be incredibly relatable and silly. Kazumi's reactions are so heartfelt it's adorable <3

joined Apr 14, 2013

I nominate this story for yuri of the year

joined Apr 14, 2013

I should definitely reread that btw

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Why didn't I see this when I always visit Dynasty everyday...... Anyway, thank you for all the hardwork!!!

joined Jul 26, 2014

Megane-chan!! That's the name of this girl at a store I have a crush on. Well not really, I just don't know her name, I think her name tag read Manami or something~

It does mean "girl's love" but I've never heard anyone talk about "Shoujo-ai" on Japanese websites or real life. I've only seen it mentioned on American websites. Japanese almost always call it yuri or sometimes GL.

last edited at Dec 26, 2014 8:40PM

7aacb1dde71190eff3ef1620cc1b9d16fcfa6057
joined Feb 2, 2015

very cute~uuuu

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

"So what if I am?" In real life, if only peeps would do that xD

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

just admit it already xD

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I was rereading this and I thought to myself.....these two would make the perfect pair for a short episode anime series similar to Inugami-Nekoyama.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

...There was a part 3 to this, right?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

...There was a part 3 to this, right?

Yes.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is probably my favorite yuri ever. I really wish there more like this.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I was rereading this and I thought to myself.....these two would make the perfect pair for a short episode anime series similar to Inugami-Nekoyama.

That would be terrific! I think this is one of the most deserving of such an adaption. Likely because this is probably my favorite yuri.
Some how both leads would be "best girl!" I donno how. It's just that good.

As many have stated, the bluntness is so refreshing and I feel I do not get enough delinquent, rough and tumble type girls in my yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.