Forum › Gunjo discussion

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

This is one of those Mangas that ruins my life.

second that

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

At last I can read this chapter... thanks dynasty scans...really really waiting for the next chapter...

You can always check out the scanlator's websites to get it first! And really, they deserve all the credit...

joined May 2, 2014

The art is totally creepy as fuck thee characters looks like fucking old ladies like grandmothers old XD , franking out , story pretty good relastic and a lot of deep dark shit that is depressing as hell I don't know why I can't stop reading this

K
joined Oct 12, 2014

wow this ones creep the hell out of me desu!!!!

joined Apr 14, 2013

He's gotta be lying about her being dead tho like -_-

joined Jan 30, 2015

I remembered this today, and I hope it does update again sooner than later; I want to see the last body dragged from the wreckage.

Plus, I kind of wanted to recommend it by necro-ing the thread. It's a very interesting take on an intense, abusive, codependent relationship. It's a miserable love that's like a trap neither main character can really understand, or escape.

The art has its problems, but I rather like it for trying for this exaggerated realism rather than the more anime style that manga about homosexual relationships tends towards. I think it helps emphasize how squalid, how awful, how physical the world of this story can be.

joined Feb 15, 2015

This is one of my favorite mangas of all time. I read it before a few years back (when it wasnt completed) and i finally found it again. More chapters have been updated and it remains one of my fav. The story is so rich... and the art style is amazing. i need more.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

nooooooooooooooooooooo, cliffhanger, though, I guess they are always :v but daaamn, needs update, hope it'll be soon.... I wanna know ze ending :v

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

I have avoided this manga for a long time but..wow what this is just intense. ._.

joined Jan 30, 2015

It's so weird; the ex and her parents are like normal people that wandered into this melodramatic tragedy full of people collapsing under the weight of their choices. They're so nice and straight-forward, it is giving me a pleasant whiplash.

edit: oh yeah, it's been so long since I read this, I forgot about the end of chapter 14. I do wonder how this idyllic chapter leads to the brother's statement. My basic guesses are that:

• She went looking for reconciliation, and that led to death (accidental or murder or such)
  • She left the dogs and visited her parents as a way of tidying up things before committing suicide.
  • Outside chance; the brother is misinformed or lying.

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 5:12PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

That smile before she left...I have a feeling that the ex is going to commit
suicide. She makes it look like she's fine, but I don't believe that she is. I think the mother kind of sense that something is not well with her too.

joined Jan 30, 2015

Yeah, that one makes sense, after I thought about the set-up of the visit, and the mother considering the sight of her daughter driving away.
But, it does seem a bit odd, flipping through old chapters.

I remember the Girlfriend character being upset by Les-chan, you know, kinda leaving her, and kinda murdering a guy to get back in with her childhood love, and kinda bringing that love with her to lie low at Girlfriend's home while they decide what to do.

But, that seemed more like, well, the normal devastation that comes from a bad break-up of a good thing. Plus, her family is supportive and she has opportunities to move on. And, the start of the latest chapter, she looks like she is considering apartments, not how to die.
I mean, unless the next chapters are going to reveal her clinical depression or something, it seems a bit out of nowhere.

I don't know; the only thing I can accurately predict in Gunjo is that the main characters will do the wrong thing, and all joy dies in their presence. It's so bleak, it's almost comedic.

Aaaaaaaaa
joined May 2, 2012

Oh my god, my heart.

Whimp
joined Oct 31, 2014

eugh this manga will be the death of me

joined Feb 15, 2015

wow... i saw a lady who looked exactly like the dark haired protagonist (i cant remember her name) a few days ago... i bet it was a premonition warning me that a new gunjo chapter came out... im crying in tears because i thought it wouldnt get updated... sobbing tears of joy right now ;-;

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I always read so many praises for this manga and I wanted to read it. But I was skeptical about whether I should read it or not because the art was simply detestable. Or so I thought.

Now that I finished reading all the available chapters, I CANNOT get enough of it. It's the most heartfelt, gut-wrenchingly beautiful manga I've ever read in existence. This is one of those cases where "Don't judge a book by its* cover" can't be any truer.

I liked it so much I wrote a fanmail to Nakamura-sensei.

last edited at May 2, 2015 12:18AM

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

this is killing me

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

Oh god I didn't thought I would liked it that much...
And why does she have to die?! (Not gonna say any name here...)
That last scene in 15A, it was like she knew she was never going to see her again.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

Please don't do anything stupid. owo

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

oh god not her :(. I'll be your cute devoted wife ;.; please don't kill yourself!!!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Yup. Definitely going to do it.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Now, that's depressing. Why must we already know her sad fate?!

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I read this first chapter and then never want to read any further. I knew it gonna be a deep emotional, reality facts, pain, hurt, depressed as fuck and it gonna be one of the most manga that I never forget. But, I refused to read it. Maybe I was scared, maybe I was weak, but, I also think that I may too young to understand this kind of stories.

joined Jun 25, 2013

Yo, everyone.

I'm the editor for this manga.
I've seen a bunch of questions and speculations regarding the fate the blond's ex.
It might take a while for us to finish the final part of the chapter, so I thought I'd at least give you that.
I still recommend waiting for the chapter itself, of course. =)

But if you want THE spoiler regarding the ex, here you go -

The ex is determined to put her life back on track. She looks for a new apartment and everything.
One night though, she gets drunk and starts reminiscing about the blonde and their time together.
While drunk, she takes a bath, falls asleep... and drowns.

To me personally, this was even more heartbreaking than if she had committed suicide.

So there you have it.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

It's okay I wanted to cry myself to sleep anyway

To reply you must either login or sign up.