Forum › Genshin Impact!

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I would play coop with people here except I play the game on my PS4 and from what I hear they don't share servers with the PC/Mobile version of the game.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

As far as I understood, PS4 players can play with other platforms, but their progress is locked to PS4 only. PC/Android/iOS can swap between devices freely and their progress follows.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Rye are you Yuu? If so I sent a friend request from ID is 604,350,110 Altina

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Started today in Asia server. Playing on PS4 but since crossplay is a thing, please add me: 810311328

Was only gonna play for co op but uh... I got the one I wanted on my first 10 roll in the Venti banner.

Still getting used to the elemental combos thing and part of that is getting used to the controls.

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 7:40AM

joined May 28, 2016

Keep in mind while platforms do not limit crossplay, server region does. Since I'm on the NA server I can't add you or play with you.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Sooo there is some yuri in Genshin Impact. So far, there's this one chick on Beidou's crew who has a crush on her and now I'm playing through the Jean story quest unlocked at AR 34 and it looks like Barbara has a crush on Jean.

EDIT: Well I just searched up whether there's any fanart and realized that Barbara and Jean are sisters. Dream crushed in its cradle... Funnily enough, same thing happened with people who wanted to ship Diluc and Kaeya cause they're actually step brothers as revealed in an official comic. Why does it take so long to unlock character stories in their profiles... otherwise I would've known Barbara had a sister...

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 4:49PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

EDIT: Well I just searched up whether there's any fanart and realized that Barbara and Jean are sisters. Dream crushed in its cradle...

Something something Mochi au Lait :P

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Both of those are good things.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

As if those facts would stop shippers. Incest would cause them to be shipped even more.

"Incest are so beautiful" - Haachama chama

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I just searched up whether there's any fanart and realized that Barbara and Jean are sisters. Dream crushed in its cradle...

That just makes it better. Yuri incest is good in my book.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Funnily enough, same thing happened with people who wanted to ship Diluc and Kaeya cause they're actually step brothers

Same. When Diluc made his entrance, I was like “oh they seem to have some history, must be good ship material." Barely ten minutes of playing later, I find out they're brothers from a profile description. Noping out of that one.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Weak your Fujo-fu is, young Padawan

joined May 28, 2016

@riverFlower Never mind the minor details here. A good ship is still a good ship.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Didn't realize there was an official manga. Only read the prologue so far and it seems pretty interesting if you're interested in the lore. The prologue focuses on Lady Vennessa's story and Venti's role in it. The chapters after focus on what's happening in Mondstadt that involves the Fatui. Also saw people on Tumblr say that the manga made them ship Jean and Lisa so I'm looking forward to reading it to see what that's about.

Still think it's funny that Venti is Barbatos when he's such a hobo of a god. Also lmao his official God uniform is really something. Makes me look forward to seeing what Rex Lapis is gonna look like in his official uniform. Zhongli is obviously his human form so it'll be interesting to see what kind of clothes they'd give him if Venti is any kind of measurement for it.

last edited at Oct 11, 2020 8:41PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Gacha game? A big nope. So how long it takes to hit a paywall?

You can play through the whole game without paying, you just take longer to progress (this is coming from a f2p player)

joined Jul 26, 2020

Gacha game? A big nope. So how long it takes to hit a paywall?

You can play completely F2P without hitting a paywall. The only thing that slows down is your progression, but this is a PvE game anyways so that doesn't really matter. You can play the game with just the free units the game gives and you'll be fine as long as you know what you're doing. The progression slowing down also doesn't affect anything cause there's not enough endgame content currently out anyways.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Oh, so they slow down your progression at one point. Meh.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Can you even pay your way through the adventure rank grind? Or buy ascension mats?

joined Jul 26, 2020

Can you even pay your way through the adventure rank grind? Or buy ascension mats?

You'd have to REALLY whale to do that. There's replenishing your original resin to get some extra EXP, but that still won't put someone at too much higher rank than a F2P player. I've played since day 1 and only replenished my resin with the free fragile resin they give you and I'm at AR35 now. The highest level I've seen whales at are around AR40. Don't think anyone has hit AR45 yet?

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

That and there's currently a cap on how many times you can refresh your resin so even whales can't get super far ahead either.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Oh hey, there's gonna be a co-op event starting tomorrow. You have to use resin to get rewards but I heard it a beta player say it was pretty fun.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Something neat that I noticed while reading the descriptions on various items. If you look at the different crystal fragments used as characters ascension material, there's a bit of text/lore related to the Archon associated with that element. For instance, the Geo fragment for Rex Lapis says "The currencies that flow through this land are my flesh and blood." Makes sense, considering how Liyue is big on trading and all. This also applies to the Archons that haven't been introduced yet - the Pyro fragment says "A pilgrimage for a wish; a battle to earn a name..."; the Pyro Archon is apparently a war god, so this also makes sense.

The Cryo fragment description is the one that stands out - its description is just "Sorry..." Considering that the Cryo Archon is the one supposedly in charge of the Fatui, this has some implications. (That said, I haven't gotten to the story quests in Liyue yet so her whole thing might've been further explained later on already)

joined Jul 26, 2020

For instance, the Geo fragment for Rex Lapis says "The currencies that flow through this land are my flesh and blood."

Actually, there's more lore in that manga I linked. The prologue chapter gives some details about Celestia, the land the gods ascend to. Once you become a god, those descriptions of "blah blah are my flesh and blood" LITERALLY mean that those are his literal flesh and blood. Everything that was created was from the body of a god. This really makes the descriptions and legends more uh, "interesting" when you think about it.

Another interesting tidbit, the archon names we've gotten so far, Barbatos and Morax (Rex Lapis's other name), are both demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon. Interestingly, so is Paimon. Wonder what that all means...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Actually, there's more lore in that manga I linked. The prologue chapter gives some details about Celestia, the land the gods ascend to. Once you become a god, those descriptions of "blah blah are my flesh and blood" LITERALLY mean that those are his literal flesh and blood. Everything that was created was from the body of a god. This really makes the descriptions and legends more uh, "interesting" when you think about it.

Yeah, I'm planning on reading the manga sooner or later. I've heard people complain about how Genshin Impact's story and characters are boring but honestly I do find them interesting - especially all the backstory and lore regarding the old dead(?) gods that used to rule.

Another interesting tidbit, the archon names we've gotten so far, Barbatos and Morax (Rex Lapis's other name), are both demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon. Interestingly, so is Paimon. Wonder what that all means...

I'm guessing all the gods will have demonic names from that book, and that Paimon is one of the old gods mentioned in the lore (or at least the remnants of one). On one hand it might be a bit weird for all the different gods to have Greco-Roman demon names considering the cultures they represent, but they already did that with Rex Lapis/Morax representing China-inspired Liyue so it's probably fine. We won't know for sure until they officially reveal the other Archons' names.

To reply you must either login or sign up.