joined Oct 17, 2014

Wawawa the ending~ So that means that Nana ends up with Satomi? <3

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I liked this ending, was good.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Talking sure helps.
Hmm, I don't think we've seen her sister in other work...or have we?
Can't wait for Satomi and Nana.

Images
joined Aug 31, 2013

Thank goodness it's just a misunderstanding.

joined May 3, 2014

wa a happy ending :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You know what amuses me most? Going back to the first page or two of comments, where everyone (including me) thought Becky was this predatory, possibly even yandere, character fully in control of the situation. What a difference to find out she was actually clueless and trying to navigate real-life romance as if it were a dating sim.

We got PLAYED, fool!

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Everything went better than expected.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Anyone else wanting a 2.5 ch. covering their first time together >_<
Lol, I hope im not the only one ;)
Fun story super cute and cool that they ended up with their own stand ...in cosplay!! (Yaaay)

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^Nez-chan Do you really think she'd write something like tht? (It's a legit question, I've only read few of her works)

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Aaaaw, what an ending! I love the story for how Takemiya Jin came up with this manga too.

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

God bless Takemiya, my, this made so happy, it was really cute and loved all the kisses and stuff. I am sucker of cute, fluffy, lovely yuri, and when you add to the mix one of my favourites mangakas its just pure bliss.

joined May 2, 2014

Fuck yeah !!! happy ending yay ! I thought this like going to end up bad with heart breaking ending but here it is perfect thank goodness Jin plz keep it that way in ur next work And also I want to see the two cute cosplays that Jin mention awwww ~ I want ...

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

so many takemiya jin release, feels like a reward when checking here after a week of busy work XD

joined Nov 6, 2014

Since Becky went over to her in the beginning of the first chapter and called her by the game characters name i don't buy that it wasn't a stand-in. I think Jin could've pulled this off in a better way.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since Becky went over to her in the beginning of the first chapter and called her by the game characters name i don't buy that it wasn't a stand-in. I think Jin could've pulled this off in a better way.

I can see it being a stand-in at the very beginning, but as things progressed she forgot that she originally thought that way. She seems like the sort who might make that sort of slip.

K
joined Oct 12, 2014

Too much of 2D hahaha what an Otaku gamer she is lol

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I can see it being a stand-in at the very beginning, but as things progressed she forgot that she originally thought that way. She seems like the sort who might make that sort of slip.

It looks to me like she was first interested in Moriko because she looked like that character but after that she became legitimately attracted to her but simply caused a misunderstanding due to telling Moriko about her interest in the character.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(Interesting, I came in here noting something I wanted to post about only for it to turn out I was the last poster a whole month ago, lol.)

Looks like they're in the same school as the girls from I Await Your Reply

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_await_your_reply#8

The girls in the second frame here also look like the girls in the bottom right frame here though I'm not actually certain they are. The long haired one has curly hair in one story and straight hair in the other. Everything else down to the style (but not color) of their bags, their hair styles (with the exception of the curls), body shape, glasses, and uniform is pretty much identical though.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 7:18AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(Interesting, I came in here noting something I wanted to post about only for it to turn out I was the last poster a whole month ago, lol.)

Looks like they're in the same school as the girls from I Await Your Reply

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_await_your_reply#8

The girls in the second frame here also look like the girls in the bottom right frame here though I'm not actually certain they are. The long haired one has curly hair in one story and straight hair in the other. Everything else down to the style (but not color) of their bags, their hair styles (with the exception of the curls), body shape, glasses, and uniform is pretty much identical though.

Sorry for yet another post in a row but I think it's actually verified that these two are the same ones from I Await Your Reply. The long haired one is named Mio (see here) and if you look here you'll see the one who looks like Kuro refers to someone (presumably the long haired one you see earlier who is the only person you actually see her with) as Mio.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The people at Kawaii Scans surely already know this, since it is correct in chapters 2 and 3, but in chapter 1, the main character, Moriko, is misnamed as Chiriko. I'm saying this because it's relevant to my comment below.

Sorry for yet another post in a row but I think it's actually verified that these two are the same ones from I Await Your Reply. The long haired one is named Mio (see here) and if you look here you'll see the one who looks like Kuro refers to someone (presumably the long haired one you see earlier who is the only person you actually see her with) as Mio.

In Sorry I'm Obsessed page 20 (sequel to I Await Your Reply), Kuro (Yuuka) had been shopping with a Morico, who is likely her classmate from the post above it. Morico should be a pseudonym, but don't you think it's probably the Moriko from this story? With Takemiya-sensei's propensity for interlinked story lines, there's no doubt at all that those two are Kuro and Mio from I Await Your Reply.

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 3:33AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh, that's a very good point. I didn't even think to check that name. And with Moriko having a lesbian sister who she looks up to it would make sense that she'd be completely fine with Kuro being a lesbian and if Kuro knew about her sister that's even better. Also what are the dates that Sorry I'm Obsessed and Game were released? If it was a long enough time maybe Moriko being spelled Morico was simply a typo or something that was consciously changed later. (Or simply being a pseudonym as you suggested, though that would be a bit of an odd choice for a pseudonym just changing one letter unless the change in Japanese would have some more significant meaning lost in translation.)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The first chapter of Game was published almost two years after Sorry I'm Obsessed, but that has no effect at all on this discussion.

In Sorry I'm Obsessed, the name Morico was written exactly how you see it in the original publication (it wasn't in Japanese writing); Lililicious didn't touch it. In Game, Moriko's name is written モリコ; Morico is simply an alternate way of writing the name in the roman alphabet. A Japanese person would be somewhat likely to do that.

In other words, if Moriko is Morico, it's not a pseudonym, but her actual name. But it still makes so much sense that I rather think the two are supposed to be the same.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that seems like that's settled then. That was really insightful, thanks for explaining it.

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 4:25AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

In Sorry I'm Obsessed page 20 (sequel to I Await Your Reply), Kuro (Yuuka) had been shopping with a Morico, who is likely her classmate from the post above it. Morico should be a pseudonym, but don't you think it's probably the Moriko from this story? With Takemiya-sensei's propensity for interlinked story lines, there's no doubt at all that those two are Kuro and Mio from I Await Your Reply.

Oh, good catch. Technically, Moriko is sort of a pseudonym—her actual name is Moriyama Riko; Moriko's just what her friends call her. This means, though, that Game must happen before "I Await Your Reply"—Moriko is quite clearly not out to Yuuka in Game, and doesn't seem to be particularly close to her either.

If it was a long enough time maybe Moriko being spelled Morico was simply a typo or something that was consciously changed later.

守山リコ --> モリコ* --> morico

*normally romanized as Moriko
(Edit: Rendered redundant by delayed post, but I'll leave it in)

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 5:01AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Moriko is quite clearly not out to Yuuka in Game, and doesn't seem to be particularly close to her either.

Don't forget that the site that Kuro and Mimi frequent in I Await Your Reply isn't specifically a lesbian only site. Mimi notes at the start that there's a specific sub-community on the site for girls who like girls. This suggests that anyone who has an account on the site can probably post in any community. (Though in Game it doesn't seem like Kuro is out to Moriko judging by Moriko's reaction in the bathroom to Kuro overhearing her talking to herself and it'd be risky to post on the lesbian section of the site when one of your irl friends knows you on the site if you don't want to be found out.)

As for the last bit though, she's one of the few people we actually see Moriko really interact with throughout the story other than Becky and Moriko's sister. They're clearly friends and Kuro's friend from the site doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for friends. (Though this would bring up the question of why Morico would be asking if Kuro wants to go shopping through the site rather than asking at school or something.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.