Forum › Hayate X Blade discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh my goodness, they cloned Hitsugi ! Oo If those two ever meet, it would probably like dividing by 0. I don't know if such an idea would be awesome of frightening. XD

And Hitsugi really takes after her father, it seems, if only for her habit to laugh at pretty much anything. It was a great chapter, all in all. And came out fast, too, thanks to the scanlation team for that. After so long without any updates, it's already nice to have new chapters at all.

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Does Hitsugi really laugh that much? I feel like she normally just gives some sort of punchline with a completely straight face. :p

Hitsugi's dad reminds me of Hayate & Nagi's "dad." :p

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There must be a number two then, I won't be fooled! they're the tri-kaicho-force

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

"But, there's no need to be invincible.

Invincibility is perfection. And perfection is loneliness. It's because of your imperfections that you can be saved by someone else. A person who has been saved... hopes to become stronger, that she may save someone herself. One who knows her own imperfections, and resolves to overcome them... one who wishes to meet them head-on with the fullest supreme force of her power...That soul is the most beautiful, and most precious. It is people like that, above those who are perfect, I want to stand beside.

It is for the sake of standing beside them that I eagerly await even my own defeat."

And here I thought my crush on the Prez couldn't get any bigger. Those are stirring words. And Shizuku's so cute, standing by her like that. I honestly don't know who to cheer for when it comes to Hitsugi x Shizuku vs Akira x Sae. It's going to be one hell of a battle, but each character has something going for her.

Also, dat Amachi sparkle, transcending borders and nationalities. There must be an African Kaicho who rides a zebra.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Does Hitsugi really laugh that much? I feel like she normally just gives some sort of punchline with a completely straight face. :p

Hitsugi's dad reminds me of Hayate & Nagi's "dad." :p

She sucks at keeping a dignified face when taking a hit in her funny bone. She had several laughing fits just as "bad" in some occasions, like after Ayana used Hayate as a human sword for the first time and Shizuku told her she believes that Hitsugi could still steal starts even while sleeping or after their visit to Akira in the infirmary, with Sizuku trying (and failing) to share encouraging words whithin Hitugi's earshot.

And that's what I love about Hitsugi. She's grand and dignified, but know when funny is funny and love a good laugh. ^^

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Wooot! Hitsugi for the win! xD and man, I wanna see both of them together, Hitsugi and Sun burn.... it'd be epic

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Aaaah, hitsugi... Breaking the fourth wall first, then the wall of sound. ^^

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Her father is terrifying. Hitsugi is staggering!

That and those sparkle tones.

She's shining too much!

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Alriiiiiiight, got my dose of Hitsugi. Scientists need to study that sparkle, cuz it's obviously giving her nigh-unlimited energy.

LMAO @ Minori: "I want steak and meat and rice and yakiniku and pork and beef and gnu and the night and the music"

And Ensuu can actually be pretty cute

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

that pile of erotic stuff...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ensuu is the most cute of 'em all (?) Okay I'm kidding but I love these chapters, when I watch an anime I hardly pick the MC as favorites so in the end I never know what's going on with the lifes of my favorite characters, but with HxB is not the case, you always see from time to time what EVERYONE is doing and with who! I can't never get enough of Sid D: thanks from bringing back the series, once again!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's decided then, for Christmas I'm asking for a hundred bucks to buy the complete series from Japan.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Welp, guess we just met Nagi's future shinyu. XD As both seems to have no sense of direction, this might be entertaining in its own way. ^^

And the duel is finally about to start, can't wait to see the results. I'll cheer for Hitsugi, even if watching her rampage from the bottom would be fun, she's way more interesting as the crazy last boss of Tenchi. :p

joined Apr 6, 2013

OH man, we at the climax now, though there are what 112 chapters in the first series.

joined May 17, 2013

So why do they want to shut down the school exactly? Re-read all the chapters and I still don't quite understand it, not sure if they just didn't expand on it or not.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Hoskiin : Doubt the serie will end with that fight, Hayate is still the main character of that manga, after all. XD

PfffftPlz : Not sure it was clearly explained, but from what I gathered, Akira's father is disappointed that she's a girl cause he wanted a boy and she decided that she would shut down tenshi academy (seems her father hate Hitsugi's family or something) to force him to recognize her worth. There was a flashback in an earlier chapter where we see her leaving her dad and mentioning that.

joined May 17, 2013

PfffftPlz : Not sure it was clearly explained, but from what I gathered, Akira's father is disappointed that she's a girl cause he wanted a boy and she decided that she would shut down tenshi academy (seems her father hate Hitsugi's family or something) to force him to recognize her worth. There was a flashback in an earlier chapter where we see her leaving her dad and mentioning that.

Aaaaaaaaah okay, that makes sense. Well that's kinda selfish, but ah well, hopefully they lose. Hayate still needs her time to shine.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Aaaaaaaaah okay, that makes sense. Well that's kinda selfish, but ah well, hopefully they lose. Hayate still needs her time to shine.

Whaaaaat!! Akira and Sae will win for sure.

joined May 17, 2013

Whaaaaat!! Akira and Sae will win for sure.

C'mon now, let's be serious. Amachi is damn near unstoppable if past chapters are any indication. I don't think we've ever seen her get serious yet people still don't want to face her. Plus plot armor dictates that unless the author is planning to end the manga any time soon Her and Shizuku gotta win.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Frankly, considering the last developpement of Akira and Sae ever since the school festival, especially with Akira warming up to Hayate and the Hoshitori, I can see them winning and having a change of heart, keeping the school going. So even though I had no doubt about Hitsugi winning her previous Summit Battle, I can't see a sure win for that one.

Still hope Hitsugi will win indeed, but her losing this one doesn't really feels like the end of the manga.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

OMGOMGOMGOMG I'm so excited for this fight!

I actually think it'd be a hilarious development if Akira and Sae won and had a change of heart, but then Akira was forced to take over and become President. Hitsugi would never let her hear the end of it.

But I can't cheer against the Prez. It would feel like treason :P

And the vuvuzela killed me. "Remember!"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just read it at yuri-project website... This is so exciting!!! Thank you!
As always, impressed by Hayashiya's drawing, she doesn't make desproportion or exageration during a fight, everything is so well done, I admire that, that's one of the best things of this manga! like she estudied a lot of fighting styles and swords and got it all done perfect.

Hitsugi's poetry, I love it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

And the duel has started. Can't wait for next chapter.

Also that special was awesome. XD

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

"We're going to take that star."

Holy smokes. This chapter made me realize that I've almost never been this excited for a fight in any other manga or anime that I've read or seen. The only other one I can think of is the finale of Hoshi no Samidare, which is basically the greatest I've ever read.

It's a testament to Hayashiya's ability to create tension. Throughout the manga, it's been slowly building in the background with each interaction between Akira and Hitsugi. But then the past few chapters have been geared specifically for this duel. We've also come to know these characters quite intimately, and I think for most of us, come to love them. Akira and Sae, Hitsugi and Shizuka, each pair is interesting and makes us want to root for them. And now we have to choose sides. Damn. Hayashiya's a fantastic writer, and one of my favourites.

Also, GO HITSUGI!

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015

"We're going to take that star."

Holy smokes. This chapter made me realize that I've almost never been this excited for a fight in any other manga or anime that I've read or seen. The only other one I can think of is the finale of Hoshi no Samidare, which is basically the greatest I've ever read.

It's a testament to Hayashiya's ability to create tension. Throughout the manga, it's been slowly building in the background with each interaction between Akira and Hitsugi. But then the past few chapters have been geared specifically for this duel. We've also come to know these characters quite intimately, and I think for most of us, come to love them. Akira and Sae, Hitsugi and Shizuka, each pair is interesting and makes us want to root for them. And now we have to choose sides. Damn. Hayashiya's a fantastic writer, and one of my favourites.

I couldn´t have describe it better.

I was literally screaming all over the charapter. Its just so f*ckin awesome. You can feel the tension in the air.

I really love this manga, the art is so well drawn and the story and characters are so well developed. I have been searching for a story like this, one full of baddass women. All of them are dignified and strong to go for the things they want.

To reply you must either login or sign up.