Forum › The Sono hanabira series COULD HAVE a potential anime if...

joined May 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/mikajyo_info

this twitter gets 50K followers, thoughts?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

They only got 2.5k

Doesn't twitter have a button to translate text? I am such a noob when it comes to these social media thingy majiggers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They only got 2.5k

Doesn't twitter have a button to translate text? I am such a noob when it comes to these social media thingy majiggers.

Used to, it dissapeared a few months ago for some weird reason.

I find very hard for them to hit that mark unless people starts using alt accounts.

joined Nov 11, 2010

lol. Funny thing is, they only had ~1000 as of the time I signed up yesterday night (the fact that I barely look at my twitter account might be cheating).

I find it highly likely this was a joke proposal not meant to be taken seriously (otherwise, I hope the western fans who sign up take responsibility and import the OVA, :P). Nonetheless, it would be neat if the response they get is in fact non-trivial. Doubling their followers already isn't bad.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

i dont see it happening but it would be cool if it did so sure I'll follow

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I find this hard to believe not to mention 50k is a LOT of people Hanabira is not mainstream I would believe if it was 10-15k...hell if they make the 50k the whole series could be localized. I only made a twitter account for...well reasons I could help I guess...hmm...................

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I will start following them then. I want Sono Hanabira to be animated too. Or maybe another OVA. Following the 12th game story line. :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They only got 2.5k

Three days later and they're sitting at 7400 followers. They might pull this off D:

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

this needs to happen for the sake of yuri!

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

C'mon let's crack the 59,154,324 mark they need for the construction of a real St. Michael Girls' School. ^^

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

They only got 2.5k

Used to, it dissapeared a few months ago for some weird reason.

why?... wtf... =/

Three days later and they're sitting at 7400 followers. They might pull this off D:

Would be cool to see this posted on yuri-related sites tho.

joined Nov 11, 2010

It's linked at the end all their tweets, but check out this http://mikajyo.pink/ page for all their other milestones. Seems like the followers are rising so fast they're actually a bit behind.

Aside from the wallpapers and illustrations already available. For the 1500 milestone, they announced an original voice sample/collection/*something* called "Yuri no Susume", and for the 5000 milestone, an original clock application. Pretty neat, lol.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

heres an article that explains it in engrish. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-01/yuri-brand-st-michael-girls-school-offers-anime-if-it-gets-50000-twitter-followers/.80571

Reading the comments on that article, did the Sono Hanabira series ended or something?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

heres an article that explains it in engrish. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-01/yuri-brand-st-michael-girls-school-offers-anime-if-it-gets-50000-twitter-followers/.80571

So it is not Sono Hanabira but a new brand by the same ppl?
(tho I see some of the Characters from it)

last edited at Nov 3, 2014 12:07AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't done any research so I'm talking out of my @ss here but I think the VNs after Michael no Otome-tachi is sort of a reboot/not connected at all makes sense since the 3rd years graduated, they are all referred as yurin yurin now but I know the artist is still Peko, Fuguriya is not involved anymore neither is the story writer.

joined Nov 11, 2010

The comments on that ANN article seem to be unusually (er? At least, I hope so) daft. The SonoHana series is still going strong, and the products announced by Mikajyo (short for Sei Michael Joshi Gakuen i.e. St. Michael Girls' School) are indeed part of it.

Basically, in terms of the status of the SonoHana series:
- It started as an experiment by the doujin circle Fuguriya, which released the first 9 games
- After the success of the series was established, the creators formed the official brand Yurin Yurin (under the commercial company Carnival), through which they released 6 games
- At present, Yurin Yurin appears to have been set aside to establish the new brand (under the same company) St. Michael Girls' School, whose website and twitter account opened this past Wednesday and who currently have two games announced.

Of the two new games announced, one of them is indeed set to focus on a new cast of characters (3 couples unrelated to the existing SonoHana couples), called "New Generation", but the other is backstory for one of the existing pairs from the Yurin Yurin releases. Both are Sonohana games, with existing staff from the past releases.

As for the schlock posted in the ANN forums about the final milestone (construction of an actual, physical St. Michaels Girls' School, in exchange for becoming the most popular/followed account on the entirety of Twitter) being some sort of symbolic/spiritual development, that's just dumb. On the one hand it is obviously a joke offer, but on the other I think they might very well be able to afford construction of a physical academy if they managed to become the number one account on all of Twitter.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Thanks for the info! geez a real St. Michael a school for YURI!? that would be amazing but yeah not gonna happen...ever this is real life after all not the perfect yuri world I/we all want it to be.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Mmm, anyone knows if there is any deadline for this?
I guess this is mostly to get a bit of awareness for the new brand... Well, just being a bit cynical.

joined May 24, 2014

Mmm, anyone knows if there is any deadline for this?
I guess this is mostly to get a bit of awareness for the new brand... Well, just being a bit cynical.

Nope, there's NO deadline, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

They are doing better than I thought! almost at my estimated amount nice. I want to see that clock app already.
Let's see if I can bait in a few people to join...well better get of my mountain I guess...

Anyway I want to invite everyone from the site to help out it's for a good cause and it doesn't require much effort please follow if you haven't already, another Yuri anime is a win-win situation! newbies, casuals please you can help too!

kinda off topic side note can someone upload to the site the sakura trick pic made by peko the artist from the sonohana series it may get more people interested or can a post a booru link?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

kinda off topic side note can someone upload to the site the sakura trick pic made by peko the artist from the sonohana series it may get more people interested or can a post a booru link?

This thing?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This thing?

yeah but I was asking the uploaders to put it on the gallery then link it here if not then I would put a link...that works too I guess.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, its only made it close to 10k so far. Kinda sad, even tho I did not expect much out of this.

This thing?

Awesome :D

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This thing?

yeah but I was asking the uploaders to put it on the gallery then link it here if not then I would put a link...that works too I guess.

Done. Thanks to both of you for pointing it out.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I saw this earlier on my phone but I didn't feel like posting. Anyway thanks for sharing it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.