Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I was out sharing a table with friends (a table that turned out to be all lgbt) and at some point I had to explain that yeah I like girls but I need some more time to know them etc. the stuff that goes with being demi; that it doesn't bother me that much if I happen to be by myself. So when i realized that I felt uncomfortable explaining who I'm (which was so uncalled for because my friends are cool) I got annoyed at myself because it's a stupid thing to do.
Sorry, never mind my post, my friend advised me that I should share more so I told myself "why not in front of people who don't know me."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The ID girls are a treasure too.

Artia is from CN, her "wife" Civia made a YT account. They aren't on YT already because China.

Also, Mio-mama is coming back!

Guys dare me since i am bored

Tell the mods they're cute.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/33340149
Doki Doki precure Mana x Rikka

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I was out sharing a table with friends (a table that turned out to be all lgbt) and at some point I had to explain that yeah I like girls but I need some more time to know them etc. the stuff that goes with being demi; that it doesn't bother me that much if I happen to be by myself. So when i realized that I felt uncomfortable explaining who I'm (which was so uncalled for because my friends are cool) I got annoyed at myself because it's a stupid thing to do.
Sorry, never mind my post, my friend advised me that I should share more so I told myself "why not in front of people who don't know me."

I too am demi, so I feel ya lol Lotta people even in the LGBTQ community don't know what demi is, I've had to explain to quite a few folks

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well, I'm glad I been proven wrong so far about corona-chan here. The cases didn't go up(so far) after the restrictions were lifted. Maybe I'll be able to get a relaxing walk on the beach in a few weeks? I just hope people don't rush beaches as soon as they open lol

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84002776
Kill la kill Satsuki x Nonon

joined Jan 14, 2020

When were they lifted? There's like a two week lag.

last edited at Sep 5, 2020 10:48AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Totally unrelated to anything at all, but I thought of this song this morning. This is my high school years right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQt6jIKNwgU
Savage Garden - I Want You

joined Jul 26, 2016

From the randomly "totes adorbs" departement, have a live feed of fluffy lil' barn owlets (OvO)

...not exactly edge-of-your-seat excitement tho as those puffballs seem to spend most of their time sleeping and grooming. A fly foraging on the nest floor is a fascinating distraction to them. :P

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nnoott sure where else to ask, but I need She-Ra fanfics that are good. Asking for a friend. Thank youu

Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

A number of people in my neighborhood had a garage sale this morning, and I decided out of curiosity to check it out. I did end up getting some stuff, including a Lord of the Rings DVD, Dragon Warrior II on NES, Final Fantasy X on PS2, and an old vintage "dime novel" from 1906. So overall, good finds.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I too am demi, so I feel ya lol Lotta people even in the LGBTQ community don't know what demi is, I've had to explain to quite a few folks

Thank you, that's reassuring.
I myself came across the terms "demi" and "grey" relatively late - my mid twenties. So I'm not surprised that not everyone is well-informed.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Nnoott sure where else to ask, but I need She-Ra fanfics that are good. Asking for a friend. Thank youu

Oh, I can help! I've been reading She-Ra fics for the past couple weeks (along with Owl House fics, but that fandom is too young to have many really good stories yet). I'm still making my way through the tag, but assuming you're looking for Adora/Catra fics (that's all I can help with anyway), here's what I recommend:

Required reading is Don't Go, a missing S5 scene widely believed to have been written by showrunner Noelle Stevenson.

If you don't mind smut, Code Of Conduct is roll-on-the-floor funny. Give the series it belongs to a look, too!

I also recommend giving prolific author n7punk's profile a look. Some of their smut can only be accessed if you're logged in. I like their take on the characters, and they write something that I've found is a rarity in the fandom--AUs where Catra is still a magicat. For some reason people tend to turn her into a human.
strangehunger writes good stuff as well.

I'm kind of keeping Learning Curve for a bad day but it's in like everyone's bookmarks and supposedly it's really good.

If you like AUs, you'll have to get used to the fact that many writers make up last names for the characters and it still feels weird every time. Here are some:
- please take it out on me
- As long as we stay together (if we just stay together)
- The Rhythm & Blues (C'mon, Darlin', Make Some Noise) series (technically unfinished, but you can just stop reading after the 4th fic)
- someone you like

Other than that, the usual method of finding an author you like and going through their bookmarks applies here. For example, I'm going through this person's bookmarks today. Probably the next few days too, there are a lot.

Let me know if you find good ones I haven't mentioned!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

When were they lifted? There's like a two week lag.

A week ago but people are legitimately cooperating. There's still the dumbass teenager here and there putting themselves at risk but nothing like the past few months. There was an instant spike the 4th day last time the restrictions were partially lifted.

As a side note and speaking of dumbasses; the annoying douchebag that kept throwing parties with a bunch of people every week FINALLY left the neighborhood again. Seriously, I was sick of the 4:00 AM jungle noises(not a joke). Too bad he'll keep putting other people at risk wherever the heck he went.

@random: how you even find these things? YT recommend actually works?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82867521
Atelier Totori Totori x Mimi

joined Jul 26, 2016

Being subscribed to channels like Wildlife Aid Foundation and Kruger Sightings probably has something to do with it, as does parsing a lot of funny animal vidyas.

...as a result it also recommends me stuff that probably counts as some kind of vore fetish bait. (;¬_¬)
Seagulls are hardcore, man. Σ('◉⌓◉’)

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Here's some cute fanart I found:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84199518
Gudako x Yu Mash x Yu Fate/Grand Order

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79808486
Mai x Rottie Mai x Lilina Death End Re;Quest 2

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

my mother's my sister

joined Apr 25, 2017

^ Explain

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

^ It's a line of dialogue that male pedestrians of certain types would randomly say in Grand Theft Auto III. Always gave me a chuckle.

joined Apr 25, 2017

^ Huh, never heard that when I played it

joined Jul 26, 2016

Weird animal piece du jour: *ANGERY rubber ducky noises*
Quoth the host, "ferocious."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Being subscribed to channels like Wildlife Aid Foundation and Kruger Sightings probably has something to do with it, as does parsing a lot of funny animal vidyas.

Makes sense.

...as a result it also recommends me stuff that probably counts as some kind of vore fetish bait. (;¬_¬)
Seagulls are hardcore, man. Σ('◉⌓◉’)

Birds are assholes. Those feckers don't even bother to kill their prey, the just eat them alive!
You've probably seen the ducks been eaten by heron vid if that's on your recommended?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82066893
Blooming into you Touko x Yuu

joined Jul 26, 2016

Birds are assholes. Those feckers don't even bother to kill their prey, the just eat them alive!

A lot of things do, tbh. Predators in general only bother with killing their lunch first if they have a real reason to (ie. it'll fight back too much or they have to take it apart anyway to get it down their throats).

You've probably seen the ducks been eaten by heron vid if that's on your recommended?

Ducks seem a bit large for a heron but I recall coming across one gulping down a gopher or somesuch - that damn spear they have for beak isn't for show - and pelicans cheerfully hoovering up smaller birbs...

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84232096

Atelier Shallie Shallotte x Shallistera NSFW

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah, but most mammals do kill their prey before tearing them apart.

Ducks seem a bit large for a heron but I recall coming across one gulping down a gopher or somesuch - that damn spear they have for beak isn't for show - and pelicans cheerfully hoovering up smaller birbs...

Ducklings*. And yep.
Oh and Geese are scary too.

https://www.deviantart.com/yet-one-more-idiot/art/Miraculous-Romance-751281077
Miraculous ladybug Rose x Juleka

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, but most mammals do kill their prey before tearing them apart.

Pack hunters in particular would beg to disagree not in the least because for them it's a race to get their bellies full before their pals gobble up everything. And the solitaries also subscribe to the "expend no more effort than required" policy - if it's practical to start eating before the meal has stopped struggling, they will.

Birds at least have the valid excuse that most of them lack the means to dismember prey to begin with (ie. suitable mouthparts for tearing and limbs for grasping) so they need to swallow it more or less whole anyway, and since their prey items are usually very substantially smaller than themselves it tends not make much difference how dead those are. Most predatory fish operate similarly (they usually just de facto inhale their targets), sharks being a notable exception with rows upon rows of slicing teeth to tear chunks off with.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I did say most mammals because Hyenas popped in my mind immediately.

https://youtu.be/dU6LDYwKgCs
Gais! Wlwatch the LF2D Lyrica+HoloID stream. It's mostly in english. They are so bad~ SMOK OP
Yes, they're gay.

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 10:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.