Forum › There Are No Mermaids In This Town discussion

joined May 10, 2013

NO! I refuse this ending! They must get married and have lotsa babies!

Winner of the day congratulation!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

NO! I refuse this ending! They must get married and have lotsa babies!

Science babies, because that's the best kind of babies.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

owww why god whyyy!? two pages threw my day into sadness :"(

I agree... Out of principle, I usually refuse to read anything with a sad ending ... and this think kind of obliterated the mood the rest of the story sets... A "depressing ending" or "Melancholic" tag would have been enough.

i demand a side story so that they can be together gether

yep!

A "depressing ending" tag would spoil the whole thing.
(Oh, and I still like tears.)

then how about happy ever after tag ? :))

Heart-broken-bandage-al
joined Feb 1, 2013

it hurts a little T____T

joined Feb 27, 2012

My heart hurts. TT-TT

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

T_T noooo that ending wasnt satisfying enough.. but I was kinda expecting it.. T_T I wanna happy endingsss

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I thought the ending in which a character transfers away and disappears would disappear with the 90s. Before then, it was actually possible to lose someone because their family had to move away and you would never find out where they went. Today, I think it's actually more difficult not to be found by people you left behind.

I'm a bit surprised that it seems to still be a thing with storytelling. Finding out where she went and keeping in touch should be a pretty easy mountain to scale, especially if mermaids are involved.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aside from the story, the title always makes "No Thugs In Our House" by XTC get stuck in my head whenever I see it.

Tumblr_nj4cv5bfcf1t6wkv1o1_500
joined Jun 7, 2015

plot twist:After Toyoda left,Yoshizaki went to search for more mermaid bones on the 'entrance' but she fell down and got drown...
Plot twist of plot twist:she is a mermaid and left cuz Toyoda's friends knows that she is a mermaid.

whale whale whale xD

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Maybe she have a medical condition that's why she disappeared, the main character should message her on her cellphone or add her as a friend online, it's not like she died.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

what the fuck

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

;(

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I just felt someone slapping my face.
What even is this.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Those who think The Little Mermaid had a hopeless ending never read it. It was after she turned to seafoam that she finally got what she really wanted (a soul.) She thought she needed to win a man's love to get one.

last edited at Aug 7, 2020 4:03PM

joined Jul 6, 2014

This is one of my absolute favorites, hurts in such a beautiful way

To reply you must either login or sign up.