And this is why I hate romance and love kek

Why the fuck are you here then

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The original tattoo was OYASUMI

DAYS GO BY

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 1:38PM

joined Feb 24, 2019

I didn't really feel anything from this one. Maybe it's just that I can't really relate, but I will say that it had a pleasant atmosphere to it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

majere posted:

was kinda cute, but I'm really not a fan of "you have to consult your partner about getting tattoos or piercings". Feels controlling to me

I think it's more "You should include your partner in major decisions even if it's just informing them you're making them." Being blindsided with stuff can make your partner feel like you just can't be bothered to include them in your life.

The thing is, they're different people so their opinion of what's major or not is different, and that's one of the point of this one shot too, you can clearly see her confused face in page 03 because it wasn't a big deal for her, nothing to worry about... And that's normal, friction like that will happen a lot in a relationship because we can't shape our lovers and there isn't a perfect one who would always do things within our expectations, they'll inevitably show up with surprises from time to time, good or bad.

If you're thinking "she should've know better" then what you're asking is a perfect lover, one who would never do anything wrong in any way or form.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Wasn't really expecting it to go this way. Just can't feel a story that's completely based on the partner bitching about what the other person does with their own body.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Wasn't really expecting it to go this way. Just can't feel a story that's completely based on the partner bitching about what the other person does with their own body.

It wasn't so much about what she did, rather it was more so how she went about doing it.

Edit: Grammar is hard.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 9:14PM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

It wasn't so much about what she did, rather it was more so how she went about doing it.

Yeah, I guess, but that's the hardships of relationships that feel completely negative for me. Reminds me of how my ex flipped her shit when I told her that I was a chronic tobacco smoker, while it wasn't something that I was hiding from her, I knew that she didn't like it so I never did it in front of her.

I like ideal relationships like futaribeya, which is kind of my bible when it comes explain why I don't think that love exists as the idea that most people have, and that it just comes as being comfortable around each other without limiting on their own freedom.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Do asians tattoo english lines the same way we tattoo chinese/japanes lines?

Judging by the prevalence of gratuitous English in anime, my guess would be yes and possibly at a higher rate.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, so many red flags in this relationship.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

thats a shitty tattoo ngl

Large
joined May 27, 2017

was kinda cute, but I'm really not a fan of "you have to consult your partner about getting tattoos or piercings". Feels controlling to me

i dunno bro, I would sorta feel bad of my loved one didn't even tell me they were getting a tattoo, ig i would also feel like I didn't matter

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

This is so relatable.. This is an accurate snippet of a relationship presented sweetly. I love it.

When you’re in a relationship you’re bound to have a fight over the silliest reason, and after that u make up and bond over how stupid it was. Heck I had a huge fight with my (now ex) girlfriend because she didn’t like how I eat snack lmfao, we reconciled afterwards (this was not the reason of our breakup ofc).

Bottom line romance is great

9208d111-5757-408b-bec9-6d68ef7092b8_healthy-blueberry-oat-breakfast-ice-pops_webready_result
joined Aug 27, 2020

^ Yup.

Also tatoos are a much bigger social taboo for most Japanese- because its so much associated with yakuza/crime. And its in visible spot - so that makes it a bigger deal than it might be for us. And in a relationship you DO need to talk over BIG deals imo - even if you are gonna do it anyways. It would feel like you didnt care imo to not do so.

Wow, I didn't know that about tatoos.

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

what a cute tattoo!

joined Jun 18, 2019

this is so cute

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

majere posted:

I think it's more "You should include your partner in major decisions even if it's just informing them you're making them." Being blindsided with stuff can make your partner feel like you just can't be bothered to include them in your life.

The thing is, they're different people so their opinion of what's major or not is different, and that's one of the point of this one shot too, you can clearly see her confused face in page 03 because it wasn't a big deal for her, nothing to worry about... And that's normal, friction like that will happen a lot in a relationship because we can't shape our lovers and there isn't a perfect one who would always do things within our expectations, they'll inevitably show up with surprises from time to time, good or bad.

If you're thinking "she should've know better" then what you're asking is a perfect lover, one who would never do anything wrong in any way or form.

It really really doesn't take a perfect partner to recognize that a permanent change to your body is something that they may think is important. This is by no means an unreasonable standard. She just comes off as a clueless moron who doesn't know her partner (or rudimentary societal norms) tbh.

Asdfaffa122x127
joined Jun 28, 2020

Do asians tattoo english lines the same way we tattoo chinese/japanes lines?

lmao yes, it happens
My sister got one on her back, none of the people I know have any "butchered" ones with horrible spelling or grammar though

20200928_020352-min
joined Sep 8, 2020

Wowee this comment is exactly a year after the last one

To reply you must either login or sign up.