Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

She could ask Rena about the paper, but the better question is would Kyoko even bother asking Rena in the first place given she seems to not care too much about the paper itself?

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Either way, next event announced, and it's YachIro, good luck to whoever is rolling.

Probably half the playerbase, rounded up. The timing is suspicious, since you'd expect a strong limited featuring Iroha to be released for her birthday...
Rumor has it JP and NA will get the same new unit in that date. If that turns out to be a fact, let's just hope it's not Akuma Homura.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Welp, I actually broke and rolled, end result was 4slot YachIro in 232 rolls, with 4 other 4-star spooks along the way, making for total of 8 4-stars in 232 rolls, which is insanely good, only the 4slot YachIro in this few rolls would've been amazing, so the spooks are practically freebies and I can't even be mad about them, I did get an Alina and a Rena, both of which are in my "I actually would really enjoy to get them to 4-slots eventually" list, and I still have over 300 rolls saved after all this.

I spent most of my day on the hustle to max them out day 1 after not planning to roll for them and doing so on a whim, but I did it.

Rumor has it JP and NA will get the same new unit in that date.

I don't buy it, one bit, it is pure speculation based on just a suspiciously placed date and nothing else, specially because there is one massive feature missing from the NA... Adjuster's Coins, a feature that greatly reduces the amount of rolls you need to 4-slot a character, to release a banner in NA that had this feature in JP without it would be a massive PR disaster, even by my own estimative that most of the NA playerbase doesn't pay attention to or outright avoid JP news, the portion that does pay attention to it would make sure that everyone knows.

If it turns out true, so be it, but I believe people are just really panaroid at this point and nothing else.

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 3:53PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There was supposed to be a 10-day login story that was released before this event, which explained how the formation of the union came about and is supposed to be very crucial to the plot. All together, the login story is half an hour long. That's a lot of missing plot.

It has obviously not been released for NA, but if we contact them about it, they might at least provide a proper answer as to why it's not currently available and/or release it. Linking a post that proves this login story exists.

Tl;dr: Bug NA support for missing login story.

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 5:25PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

It's not the first time it has happened in NA in this game so I don't know why you're so surprised here. Most of the events are released out of order making things make less sense. Nagisa's event happens after the summer one despite that her event was released first in NA.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Yeah, that part is actually important, it is actually a little weird to me that they kept the previous login story, that while cute and fluffy was rather throwaway... they could easily have put this login story in its place.

Nagisa's event happens after the summer one despite that her event was released first in NA.

This is frankly a terrible example, both Nagisa's Wish and Beachside Bonds are flashbacks(only the holy quintet parts of Beachside Bonds are in present time), and while you are correct the narrative told is different as a result, I honestly feel having Nagisa's Wish first made for a stronger narrative, as learning Yu's backstory after learning what she became was much more fascinating, and the story works really well told both ways.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

That was the best I could come up with given I only started in January of this year.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well, then... on top of my head, the worst offender is probably Sana's Training Event story... which straight up did not happen at all, it should've happened between chapter 9 and Last Magia, but because NA had a week between those tops, where JP had a couple months, it was just too rushed to fit it in, and we never did get it in any way, but Doppel Unleash story is not essential, most 4-stars never get a Doppel Unleash story in first place since they get Doppels by default, so one could make the argument that of all things to sacrifice at the altar of #NATempo, it wasn't the worst thing to lose.

Besides that the worst we had were events out of order and that making things a little awkward for main story plot points, one particular that comes to mind would be Holy Alina's event and Mifuyu mentioning that her perception of time was getting a little messed up because "it's always day in the labyrinth", which spoiled that the Magius hideout was inside a Labyrinth for the keen-eyed but not anything further.

I am fairly certain(while admitting that I could be wrong, and I'd like to know if I am) that this is the first time important plot points have been outright omitted due to NA Tempo shaninegans, some things have been out of order, and some other have been lost, but it was never important details like this.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Support replied that no information could be disclosed on an individual basis and to just check official news, but hopefully they're going to actively do something about this. The fan translation is 3/10 done at this point, but I would prefer an official release. And apolostones.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Talk about a lazy response. Although given that they're just support and not the ones who call the shots on what is/is not done with the game it's sort of expected at the same time.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I'm thinking about uninstalling the game right now. Not because I hate it or anything it's just like I mentioned in the Arknights thread I really need to control my spending and gacha games are not helping me right now.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Well I'm thinking about uninstalling the game right now. Not because I hate it or anything it's just like I mentioned in the Arknights thread I really need to control my spending and gacha games are not helping me right now.

Hey if that's what you want to do and would help with the problem. Not overspending is quite important.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I'd tell you to do what you what you think you must, just make sure you keep your ID and password safe so that if you ever feel you are better and want to come back, you actually have the option, I love this game myself but it is not worth putting yourself on any sort of risk over it.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Interesting enough we actually get more rewards than JP got during the event. Each story mission gives 3 event currency compared to JP only getting 1 per stage. Though in their case the event was along with their second anniversary.

Edit: Ended up keeping this game and removing Fire Emblem Heroes instead. I haven't enjoyed playing that game in months. Is backed up to my Nintendo account so I can rejoin if I want to.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 4:18PM

They got event currency from the logins so we should be getting the same amount JP got

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Edit: Ended up keeping this game and removing Fire Emblem Heroes instead. I haven't enjoyed playing that game in months. Is backed up to my Nintendo account so I can rejoin if I want to.

Nice, now you can continue enjoying MR hopefully without too much wallet-draining temptation.

Interesting enough we actually get more rewards than JP got during the event. Each story mission gives 3 event currency compared to JP only getting 1 per stage. Though in their case the event was along with their second anniversary.

Yeah JP got login rewards. Login rewards that accompanied the missing login story, very salty about us not getting the login story. But anyway, we get either the same number of medals in the end or slightly less.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The first seven login stories are already fansubbed, with the rest to come. Hopefully we won't end up with a Bethesda situation where the devs make this a habit.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83701481

Tsukasa x Tsukuyo

Just look at where her hands are.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Any tips for beating CQ 10 without continuing? My first attempt I had to revive using 5 magia stones (after which I got 50!) using Ultimate Madoka, Felicia, and a support Ren. The first stage has too many different types for forest, flame, or water girls to be effective. I don't have Mitama so no void units so I went with Light/Dark to avoid resistances.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

CQ10 seems pretty easy to brute force. I played it a second time blind using my standard loadout of 4s Iroha and 3s Yachiyo and was able to beat it without too much issue. If I were to customize anything for this battle, it would probably just be through adding in status ailment resistant memoria or a support Madokami. This type of boss would definitely melt with boosted light units / Darc. Could also easily survive if there was bewitch resistance and healing units because the boss doesn't do much damage. Only not recommended strategy would be magia because of the boss's 30 MP drain, but even that could easily work if magia was built up during the first round.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

For CQ10, I am pretty sure Homura (x2) brutalized the dumb thing without ever allowing it to as much as move thanks to Stun procs... she is so efficient at turbomudering things that I rarely need actual strategy...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

To document my Iroyachi rolls, because I got around to counting them.
- 1s: 100, hit pity -> 20 singles, 7 tens, and 10 singles
- 2s: 104 -> 4 singles
- 3s: ~144 -> 10 singles, 3 tens. 3s was somewhere in the last ten-roll.
- 4s: 153 -> 1 tens. Iroyachi showed up on the ninth roll, so went one roll over.

Also acquired five "Perfect Photo" and three "Feathers From Before" memorias. I used the event limit breakers to MLB one copy of "Feathers From Before". Because why not, it was the perfect amount, not a bad memoria, and it shows the Iroyachi wings.

It's childish but I'm still ecstatic my luck with them was this good. I got everything I could have wanted, 4s Iroyachi, MLB limited 4* memoria and MLB limited 3* memoria within an amount of rolls that <5% of people will reach.

I'm so happy they love me too. It didn't end up happening on my actual birthday but what a great birthday present anyway. XD

In other news, I watched the completed login story fan translation. It was good and I see no reason they shouldn't have released it for NA. Maybe they'll release it for the next event, maybe, but that would still be a backwards way of doing it.

I sympathize more with Touka doppeling out during the event story now. She is just really emotionally unstable and volatile, but she has high hopes and dreams, that end up not working out due to her hubris. Sensitive to any hint of criticism, she has plentiful room to grow. Also somebody else needs to take on the role of babysitting her. As Mifuyu is now, it doesn't seem like that would work out.

Regarding the Alina situation, I'm happy they brought Karin up to speed. It means Karin will definitely be relevant in arc 2, which can only be a plus. Redemption arc when.

Yeah I don't know, I could basically comment on every single little detail for this login story, because I liked it that much. Last thing I'll say about it for now is that Iroha and Yachiyo having internal conversations with each other reminded me of the second-to-last chapter of Bloom Into You and might now be one of my favorite romantic/intimate tropes. I liked seeing them reflect on everything they've been through together too.

last edited at Aug 18, 2020 8:14PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Nice. I didn't even get a single copy. But then again I don't have tons of magia stones saved up either.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Yeah getting 1s doesn't seem relatively guaranteed until 300 rolls, from probability standpoint, though 200 rolls is pretty safe. And then sometimes gacha luck just does whatever it wants.

I have made it my mission to see all of IroYachi's homescreen lines, both as a duo and individually. The currently missing ones are Iroha's first login line and a bunch of their time-triggered lines. This will keep me occupied until new event starts at least. Also finished Manaka and Akira's MSS, which I had left unfinished from when I first began playing the game a year ago.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There was a JP datamine. Not clear if what it showed is guaranteed to happen, but... if the unit it showed is actually the third anniversary unit, I'm going to have another unit I have to get at all costs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.