Forum › Anime season

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Okay, guess I just missed those bits. I didn't even realize they had interacted with eachother.

Yep, Psycho Pass season 1 spoilers Shimotsuki's friend was one of the victims of the Rikako case (the human art one) and Yayoi was the one who comforted her.

joined Jun 5, 2014

This season best
1.Girl Friend BETA - A+
2.Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru -B+
3.Sora no Method -B
4.Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl - D
5.Shirobako -seem promising at first but it tend to get boring

-6.Selector Spread WIXOSS (somebody please tell me if its worth watching)
-8.Cross Ange (i hope it gets better or else i'd stop watching it)

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji isn't yuri but i kinda like this one.

regarding Psycho Pass..is there Yuri?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's good, it's yuri, and it's dark and depressing enough that it's frequently unpleasant to watch

Wow, I think you're the first person I've seen that's not following it for the trainwreck potential

joined Jul 2, 2013

1.Girl Friend BETA - A+

Kind of funny cause I find Girl Friend BETA to be pretty boring and Shirobako very enjoyable.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

1.Girl Friend BETA - A+

Kind of funny cause I find Girl Friend BETA to be pretty boring and Shirobako very enjoyable.

hmm girlfriend beta is my favorite anime of the season. Its pretty amazing

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What exactly is happenin in Girlfriend Beta? Whats it about? Cute girls doing cute things? Comedy? School life?
I only skimmed fast through ep1 when it first came out, but never watched any.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

What exactly is happenin in Girlfriend Beta? Whats it about? Cute girls doing cute things? Comedy? School life?

I would say cute girls doing cute things and school life

last edited at Oct 26, 2014 12:15AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Cute girls doing school things so far. Fairly low on comedy, idealized but more recognizable take on school life than usual. First episode was heavy on the yuri vibes, second wasn't. I find it kind of bland, and may drop it depending on how the third episode turns out

joined Jun 5, 2014

It's good, it's yuri, and it's dark and depressing enough that it's frequently unpleasant to watch

hmm worth a try i guess

Wow, I think you're the first person I've seen that's not following it for the trainwreck potential

i just have a feeling as if it indicate death to Yuri coz Norma only infected girls, this norma send to fight and die for the society ...maybe its just me huuu

regarding Psycho Pass..is there Yuri?

There is, but it's mostly (extremely minor spoilers) a relationship between two side characters that is touched upon briefly at times. It's really good and worth watching regardless.

hmm i'll give it a go since senpai said so :)

1.Girl Friend BETA - A+

i tend to get bored with Shirobako tho and smile like an idiot the whole time watching Girl Friend beta Kari...we are different indeed, well i hope ep3 will shed the light of yuri on the series soon hmmph

you just answered your own question :)

Cute girls doing school things so far. Fairly low on comedy, idealized but more recognizable take on school life than usual. First episode was heavy on the yuri vibes, second wasn't. I find it kind of bland, and may drop it depending on how the third episode turns out

felt a bit like GirlFriend (manga) isn't it :)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aaah holy crap i completely forgot that Fafner was going to get a sequel
I haven't even watched the movie yet...

joined Jul 2, 2013

Frickin' amazing. There's already fanart of Yayoi and Shimotsuki.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Not exactly an anime of the season, but i've watched this one OVA called Plastic Little today, quite interesting i must say, plus you can get something out of it if you wear a Rank B or higher yuri goggles
Also it had Norio Wakamoto talking with Chikao Ohtsuka, fucking yes!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't watched everything but I checked out Sora no method, GF beta, Kaito Joker and caught up to yama no susume and I liked all 4. Sora no method I knew it would be interesting, the AkemiHomura/KurokiRei-like girl is giving me the gayest vibes. GF Beta unexpected I thought it would be a harem but I liked the 1st ep was good! Yama no susume is ADORABLE! Kaito Joker is how to describe it...clean fun no BS and child friendly the animation kinda reminds me of YGO Zexal maybe that's what caught my eye?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Happy Tomino doesn't stay long, Bell-kun won't have that shit eating grin on his face for much longer, mark my words.

Well that didn't take long did it

joined Jul 2, 2013

Woah, I was a little iffy on whether Psycho-Pass season 2 would be good, but the scene at the end of episode 4 hit me really hard.

I don't really like how its playing out. Its kind of a repeat of first season, but this time, Sybil's flaws are more pronounced and I feel like it's lacking a soul. It was definitely brutal, but I'm not feeling the same impact season 1 had on me.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I say that, then the third episode was basically a yuri romance

Not exactly an anime of the season, but i've watched this one OVA called Plastic Little today, quite interesting i must say, plus you can get something out of it if you wear a Rank B or higher yuri goggles

It's kind of interesting and definitely yuri-ish, but it's borderline incoherent and the designs are... well, you can tell when it was made

last edited at Oct 31, 2014 5:03AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

and the designs are... well, you can tell when it was made

Definitively we can, it looks great

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ thanks for saving the trouble of searching for this thread again ^_^
Yuki Yuna ep 5 I'm sorry but that was REALLY gay haha I'm already a strike witches/vividred op. fan so the series has it's imaginary claws on me. Chloe from GF beta reminds me of Karen for Kin-iro mosaic so much adorable! holy crap Erena must be related to Matsubara Yuna O.o(GF beta has like all the seiyuu seriously look it up, having that many unique characters must be pretty expensive, they have the all HTT seiyuu as well!)

last edited at Nov 8, 2014 3:42AM

joined Apr 9, 2014

GF beta is so silly lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I remember Plastic Little, I totally crushed on the nurse in that. Same artist as Ragnarock City.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/ragnarock_city

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yuki Yuna referenced Fu~Fu aaauuugghh my poor heart why not make an anime already?! Also they should have played the wife n wife joke a little longer hnnng yuna and togo are soooo close....

Sora no method is still awesome and I stand by my statement Shione x Nonoka will be a thing!and maybe Koharu x Yuzuki

GFbeta hasn't been as gay as ep 1 and 3 but its good.

A little unrelated but...F**king bleach what are you doing Kubo!? Yoruichi has a sister? doesn't that ruin the whole Soifon plot from a while back? Arrrrgh!

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..did someone try this anime Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou?...there is yuri vibes between koyomi and yumiko...sometimes yumiko is harsh and strict with koyomi but I like it specially when koyomi is always accidentally saw yumiko's panties and that CPR at the pool.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Also been enjoying Chaika

Dropped it somewhere in the first season, but have a small question: Did it ever go full harem?

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 1:24AM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Dropped it somewhere in the first season, but have a small question: Did it ever go full harem?

What didn't you like about it?

joined Nov 11, 2010

Continuing a conversation from here

...I really have to question that one. They do a lot of comedies, but they tend towards the cynical side, and the serious works tend to be pretty dark

The statement is based on the nuance I place on "gratuity", I guess? A "gratuitous" thing is something capable of rotting your mind... positive or negative gratuity, either way it's gonna detach you from reality. So, many of SHAFT's comedies are cynical, yes, but that doesn't stop them from being funny -- it's not the presence of sad/absurd/self-deprecating things which is positive gratuity, it's making me laugh at (actually, with) it.
(The other thing SHAFT is great at doing aside from absurd comedy is smothering things under a distracting layer of sexuality. It's hard to feel down when you're turned on, lol. Rebellion is kinda a hilarious example of this; I'm being a bit facetious in saying this, but I can't really care about any of the bad shit Homura did if it got her a step closer to gettin' it down with Madoka.)

I can't think of many SHAFT 'serious' works to be honest, Madoka S1 aside. It's actually kind of an anomaly in that regard. (Although I did skip out on this year's Nisekoi and Mekakucity Actors?)

Madoka's ending is really fairly bittersweet, even before Rebellion. Witches don't happen anymore, but people still die just as often and Homura kind of got screwed

The point of Madoka's ending was not about making the world 'ideal' per se, but rather restating + reestablishing the importance of hope (and man, how brilliantly). The real inescapable reality that the world can't be perfect was the origin of the story's conflict in the first place. I couldn't really care about how heavy/brutal a burden Homura was left with because of the strength and power of Madoka's message. (That's positive gratuity for you, lol.) The exact same superbness of staging and craftmanship which made me not give a damn at all about the universe as Homura became a Devil.

Uh, I don't think we have enough Madoka clones to make a blanket statement like that. Particular when the other one made it's form of systemic cruelty clear in the second episode

lol, I recognize it's still a big stretch at this point to draw any of these conclusions. But Genei was such a turd, I wasn't actually talking about the part you're referring to. We found out in episode 2 how shit their magical girl system was for victims. It wasn't until episode 8? or something that they started picking off the magical girls themselves. Incidentally, I dropped the show around that point, but it was actually the victim shit which left me sick, I just stuck with the show for a while to see if they'd fix it.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 7:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.