Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Have heard of it before, also never tried out. I'm surprised there aren't more Madoka VNs actually. Touhou gets a bunch. Maybe it's because Madoka has a lot more licensed products and there aren't as many fan game developers in the community?

On another note, I'm once again so happy Tart 2 is twice as long as it would normally be. Would be bliss if more events could be like this.

Yeah this event has given me a ton of time to grind CC, I have already bought everything I want from the shop (everything other than the BP pots, flame orbs, dark orbs and the ++ books)

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I have a few things to clear in the shop still but I am also not using pots, I only used pots to do story and more cuz I was interested in the plot and didn't want to wait, so I view this as more of a time to let my pot stockpile build up a little, I am only at 400 full pots after all...

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Only 400 full potions are you being sarcastic because I "only" have 200ish of them. Also which stage are you farming because the C2-2 is monotonous with the low event currency drop and the fact that everything in the shop costs a ton of currency. :(

2-2 (not challenge) is the best level as it's really fast, but I am grinding 6-1 as it sometimes drops a Rooftop Balloon and I need 29 more

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I said "only" in a jokey tone because I admit that's a massive amount and I could play this game functionally forever with that much, but I mean it when I say that I enjoy saving them up, I enjoy hoarding things and lately with the double grind events my AP pot hoard was not getting bigger, and while you can say it is pointless to just hoard, I enjoy hoarding things and it isn't my fault that looking at big numbers makes my brain release small amounts of endorphin.

And yeah I been farming 6-1 Hard cuz I also need balloons, I need fewer(like 12 more? I lost count) but I still need them.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 7:20PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I said "only" in a jokey tone because I admit that's a massive amount and I could play this game functionally forever with that much, but I mean it when I say that I enjoy saving them up, I enjoy hoarding things and lately with the double grind events my AP pot hoard was not getting bigger, and while you can say it is pointless to just hoard, I enjoy hoarding things and it isn't my fault that looking at big numbers makes my brain release small amounts of endorphin.

So that's the appeal. It all makes sense now. AP Pots are drugs, got it.

I stopped buying any pots and the number's finally going down for full AP pots. Unfortunately 50 AP pots continue to accumulate.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'd take them from you if the game allowed me too.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82806165

NSFW Momoko x Mitama

I haven't done much the last two days in game. Too busy with the recent-ish SAO game and FGO to load up Magia Record and do much beyond logging in and doing the daily free roll.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Here's another doujin that seems like it could deserve a translation. To be fair it appears to be set in Mitakihara, but since it features a PMKM character... That may one day get a banner in MagiReco...

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 3:00AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Here's another doujin that seems like it could deserve a translation. To be fair it appears to be set in Mitakihara, but since it features a PMKM character... That may one day get a banner in MagiReco...

Have you submitted an upload request? I'm interested in seeing it translated too.

I'd take them from you if the game allowed me too.

I would happily trade 100 of these things for one roll. That's an absolutely shitty conversion rate but that's how much I wish I could be rid of them and how certain I am I will never use them up naturally.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Have you submitted an upload request? I'm interested in seeing it translated too.

From what I understand that function is not for requesting translations...
Still, it can't hurt to make people aware of good fanworks out there.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

A translation request would have to go to some translator group or somebody who accepts commissions(Tigoris Translates comes to mind immediately, but there are others).

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well, back to talking about the game, event's timelock opened, and I rushed the story with pots, it was actually really nice to see it unfold, though the ending goes peak "Events happen whenever the fuck in the timeline they want"...

AP Pots are drugs, got it.

I can stop whenever I want, I just don't want to.

I wish I could be rid of them and how certain I am I will never use them up naturally.

Okay but this makes me confused, why is it a bad thing that you have so many of them? even if you don't want to hoard for hoarding sake, having such a massive amount of pots means you can play the game at your own pace whenever you want, instead of being subject to natural AP generation.

I normally wouldn't waste rolls on something like this but I was at 50/100 on the pity counter for the premium fate weave due to free rolls and I wanted the outfits for when the outfit stories come.

I rolled until I hit 100 and got nearly all the outfits I didn't have (only 5 left, and I will get one of those with the login bonus) along with my first Kanae copy.

I still have 113 rolls so it's not that bad, but I will be saving up for quite a while as I like having more than 200 rolls.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I Alina am bored of this. Get me my wives Karin and Mifuyu.

That's what almost every drug addict says though.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

From what I understand that function is not for requesting translations...

Oh welp. I am not familiar with how the scanlation world works.

Okay but this makes me confused, why is it a bad thing that you have so many of them?

Having a surplus isn't a bad thing, but there's such a surplus I'll never get through it and that's what's annoying, because it's useless if it's sitting in my inventory.

Mayhap that was the joke? But I concur.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

You may think you have enough AP potions right now until we get the Kamihama Rarity Star event. Unlike every other event type the game doesn't use a traditional event shop and instead uses a gacha type except you roll with rarity stars (event currency) instead of magia stones. Also from what I've read there's no limit on how many times the "box" may be reset so it means tons of materials and XP (but not rainbow orbs).

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Oh huh, that might get rid of more pots. I mean in the end the biggest thing is that real life time is limited, so that's why I'm amazed when people can run out of pots when MR is so generous with them.

Finished event story. It did a proper job of making me sad and I want my fluffy story back now. But no, it was a good ending. I like Ui more now. Her own event didn't truly accomplish that, but her "I wish I could be punished" talk with her doppel plus her not having the will to kill Tart but accepting Tart's choice in the end make me think they'll be able to provide her with some degree of character development. It's a little ironic just how different she is from her sister. Iroha is all bull-headed willpower charging into the future while Ui lacks any sense of direction beyond being kind. Which reminds me, the interactions between Iroha and Ui at the end were sweet. There haven't been that many instances of them being sisters in the present day, since Iroha had to leave in the Fledgling event.

Also I feel like Tart is the real angel here. Once I have enough time, I'm definitely going to read her story. All of the Tart Magica girls have really grown on me at this point.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I've now finished all Challenge stages, the last couple ones were almost hard, Team Tart in particular forced me to immediately reset when Riz just deleted a Madoka from full HP in one hit, but the second attempt when I didn't forget to use ATR - Mito went much better.

Quite...

I got bored so I did another 10 roll and got surprised by Mami (only 1 more copy until she is maxed out now)

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I forgot but did you get Nagisa or not? I didn't get her when she came up.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Pulled three times on premium to get an extra bonus ticket. Using that and the login ones, I can buy two outfits instead of one! Do you guys actually know if there are any outfits that have never showed up again on JP? Like the winter, new year's and Halloween ones I would assume could be obtained during re-runs, but they seem to like adding new costumes.

Have also cleared entire map. It's nice they gave new players a chance at beating the challenges too, with easy and medium levels. I wish that they would give the option to not actually use supports though. Like we could get event bonus maybe, but the team would only be composed of our own units. For me at least, since I only have two fully slotted characters, that would be more likely to make difficulty 80+ challenges a challenge.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 7:55PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Some of the events where HP/MP carry over between fights work like that which is both good and bad. Good since you aren't forced to use a support who may be under leveled and bad for people without a ton of high level units yet like many new players.

Edit from checking on the JP side of the wiki, I'm wanting to say no to time-limited costumes in that they will eventually be added to buy via a ticket shop like the current one. You just will likely have to wait a long time.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 8:21PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

About outfits, while keeping in mind other events like this one will happen in the future, there is a handful that come to mind:

Iroha's swimsuit: Very notable one, it was a launch reward, never reran on its own again.

Kyoko's and Felicia's Halloween outfits: Only available in Karin's release event, which never got reran.

Yachiyo's and Mifuyu's school uniforms: Only available in Breakpoint/Spurred to Separation, which also never got reran, but notably these outfits do not provide new Home Screen lines, they just look different.

Mitama's winter outfit: Only available in her personal training event, likewise never got reran as training events never are reran, also does not provide new voice lines.

Ikumi's maid outfit: Only available in Wings in the Wind, never got reran, also does not provide new voice lines.

Any other outfits either get their events reran later on, or the outfits themselves are available through a different later event, as an example Winter Outfits from Valentine's events will always be available in subsequent Valentine's events, and Christmas outfits, Yukatas and Swimsuits are similarly meant to be available in subsequent Christmas/NY/Summer events, though we have not been experiencing this in NA due to the events being released so close to each other.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 8:54PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Lucky me I got Corbeau from my first and only ten roll on her gacha. I also got another Hazuki (just need one more copy to four slot her), a 4* Memoria with Touka on it, Felicia, and a few others.

To reply you must either login or sign up.