Forum › Henceforward discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a bulk upload from Pixiv, which means I probably screwed up something somewhere. If you notice any missing pages, mixed up pages, or any other problems, just say the word.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 8:45PM

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

This is awesome

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 8:03PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Holy crap this is long for fan work (which is great).
Also, I still haven't watched RWBY. Should I?

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 8:42PM

Grammar. Just. Sometimes I just don't even understand.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Story is decent, but the grammar is painful

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's not great. To its credit, I would say that the action sequences are very good and sometimes the cute/funny scenes are cute and funny. Sometimes.

The first volume is very easy to get through, though, so it could be worth a shot. The fandom seems to take what they want from canon and fill the rest with fanon, often in the form of expansive AUs like this one.

Grammar. Just. Sometimes I just don't even understand.

Story is decent, but the grammar is painful

Yeah, Kuma's not a native speaker, and her English proofreader skipped out a while ago (or maybe she skipped out on them?). Probably should've mentioned that somewhere...

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 9:05PM

Deretitan
joined Dec 11, 2013

I absolutely love Kuma's artwork. <3

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Holy crap this is long for fan work (which is great).

Volume One Pros and Cons

Pros: Its Monty Oum so the fight scenes are basically the best you'll see pretty much anywhere and the characters are fairly believable and likeable, something I fell a lot of similar shows fail at creating. Its also fairly easy to shotgun the show's first volume in one go. Also, the musical score is actually really good, something you typically don't expect from such a small development team.

Cons: Volume One is pretty cliché and predictable, the fact its being developed by a small team rather than a full blown animation studio means the animation can get rather clunky from time to time and Jaune's little story arc is seen as a little derailing by some.

Volume 2 isn't over yet so I can't say anything about it yet but it seems to have fixed many of the complaints about Volume One. Smoother animation (though still clunky here and there), more fight scenes, it seems to be setting up to deconstruct and/or subvert many of the clichés common to the genre and wider character focus.

I personally like the show and ship the fuck out of Blake and Yang (aka "Bumblebee")

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 9:43PM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Reading this its quite good!! Especially love the artwork's expressions, feel hard-hitting and that chaotic artwork in the fighting works quite well since its this in the moment feel to it.....
So any new indication about the shipping in RWBY?

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 11:50PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I personally like the show and ship the fuck out of Blake and Yang (aka "Bumblebee")

YEAH bumble bee for life (fist bump)

last edited at Oct 17, 2014 12:34AM

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

YEAH bumble bee for life (fist bump)

Returns fist bump

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

Reading this its quite good!! Especially love the artwork's expressions, feel hard-hitting and that chaotic artwork in the fighting works quite well since its this in the moment feel to it.....
So any new indication about the shipping in RWBY?

Well they seem to be teasing Blake x Yang in the show, which some might say is queer baiting but I personally consider it to be a good sign, as the writers have said they like to incorporate fang theories and ideas into the show, so we may something canon yet. In addition, Monty said he wants queer romance in the show and the voice actresses for Blake and Yang themselves apparently ship the characters pretty hard.

last edited at Oct 17, 2014 12:39AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

before reading this, can i ask what is the original of this?
is it a web comic like Magician, tower of god and other corean works?

joined Mar 25, 2013

It's an animation by RoosterTeeth on youtube. You can search for rwby episode 1 on youtube and it'll be the first one.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

It's an animation by RoosterTeeth on youtube. You can search for rwby episode 1 on youtube and it'll be the first one.

thanks, it's my fault, i though it was an acronym and i didn't try to search it,
i's a pity i'm interested in web-distributing stuff but not in animation, i like only reading

joined Mar 25, 2013

thanks, it's my fault, i though it was an acronym and i didn't try to search it,
i's a pity i'm interested in web-distributing stuff but not in animation, i like only reading

Well it kind of is, (R)uby, (W)eiss, (B)lake, (Y)ang. Those are the names of the main heroines/protagonists

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

eh not really a fan of "in the future one of these characters is evil" plots, maybe its just because i had my fill of that in buffy but its just sort of "meh" to me, they really just all follow the same formula: one of the character went evil so the world is fucked, everyone disbands because of it and we don't see what turned the character evil until they are about to die/turn good again or until someone goes back in time to fix this.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

i literally shouted when i saw this because i saw the title and was like "henceforward...havent i heard that somewhere?" Then i saw the cover.

Tumblr_e91edc003cdbb03c1b8d45c82a98870c_92f81880_640
joined Jun 29, 2014

One word, DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

WHO WAS THE AMAZING PERSON THAT FINALLY MADE MY WISH COME TRUE!!!!!!??????

joined Jan 30, 2013

It's not great. To its credit, I would say that the action sequences are very good and sometimes the cute/funny scenes are cute and funny. Sometimes.

The first volume is very easy to get through, though, so it could be worth a shot. The fandom seems to take what they want from canon and fill the rest with fanon, often in the form of expansive AUs like this one.

Okay, I gave it a shot. I was actually pleasantly surprised (perhaps only because I didn't have high expectations to begin with). The plot is a mess, they've got to get better writers.

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

this is awesooomeeee

SonicTheHedgehog2196
joined Oct 25, 2014

Man this is getting good!!

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

yo.....I LOVE THIS SHIT i'm a fan of RWBY and when i saw this indie i thought it was awesome the writing and grammar are kind of meh but the art and the story tho like damn i give you props kuma this is great thank you for making henceforward hell yasss

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

This was very enjoyable and I look forward to more. ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.