Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

I am quite behind on my computer science college work but the heat (I live in the UK and it has been way too hot) has made it impossible for me to concentrate on the work so I will ignore it a bit longer

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I've been able to resist the temptation. I can't keep spending cash rn.

Oh...I didn't know Tsukino was the top in the Rosia x Tsukino relationship lol. CriCri band story is pretty funny. Also, Jaclyn is cute.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/69406674
Lucky star Konata x Kagami

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 9:33AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If anyone else has any recommendations for the Steam sale, I'd be happy to hear them! Currently not expecting to buy anything, but that could change. I don't play much but personally would recommend Lovely Planet if you like short, tight, skill-based games with limitless possibilities. Asphyxia is great if you like really (really) short + angsty, melodramatic teen romance VNs. Moekuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG is a really silly (and gay) and weeby SRPG. The SRPG aspect isn't going to blow you away, but the game has a lot of charm to it!

The other day I was talking to a woman (who was frankly way out of my league) and occasionally she would smile at me and bite her lip. I'm terrible at identifying body language clues and it was her workplace anyway, but I swear lip biting is supposed to be a sign of attraction?? I try not to be one of those creeps who mistake a professional smile for flirting so obviously nothing is going to come out of it, but if she was into me it's nice sometimes to know that someone finds you cute even though you think you look like a potato.

Hey! Plenty of ladies think potatoes are adorable!

Hey, let us know how it is! :P

Alright, I'm very close to the end of the game and I already know the ending. I found Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated to be an overall good remake of a really good game.

Thanks!

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 3:02AM

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

Tactical SRPG

What's an SRPG? Is it like a JRPG, but from somewhere else?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/68596284
Fire EmblemCamilla x Hinoka

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Strategy Role Playing Game, it doesn't indicate the origin of the game- not that JRPG means much anymore either.

JK Rowling is being a transphobic shit again, why can't she just delete her twitter

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

What did she say?

Well she went on a transphobic rant again

She also deleted a tweet praising Stephen King after he said trans women are women

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCynical/comments/hhoqpt/jk_rowling_deletes_tweet_praising_stephen_king/

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 9:04PM by

joined Jan 21, 2015

JK Rowling is being a transphobic shit again, why can't she just delete her twitter

It sucks that someone so powerful is a bigot. On the bright side, Graham Linehan finally got banned from Twitter and basically all he did was be an obsessive transphobic shit. Something good happens once in a while.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It sucks that someone so powerful is a bigot. On the bright side, Graham Linehan finally got banned from Twitter and basically all he did was be an obsessive transphobic shit. Something good happens once in a while.

Hopefully the same fate awaits JKR eventually, sooner or later.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

It sucks that someone so powerful is a bigot.

I get what you meant but I have to say it: did you forget who's the US president right now?! LOL

While I don't agree with censorship. I hate her guts so much I wouldn't mind, honestly, fuck her. Dumbass thinks she is all so inclusive by saying bullshit after the story is finished, says more dumb shit, says transphobic shit.
I don't even like HP anymore, but it has nothing to do with her personally. Seen the real her in public makes me even doubt she wrote those books by herself*. And this was BEFORE the transphobic saga!
And well, the movies were all shite after the 3rd one.
I want to rant harder now but I won't.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/1110010
To love ru Yami x Mikan

joined Jan 21, 2015

I get what you meant but I have to say it: did you forget who's the US president right now?! LOL

I mean, yeah, I could've worded that another way. To put it differently, it's depressing that so many powerful people are bigoted assholes. Putting it that way makes it more depressing, though. In Rowling's case, I was thinking about how she's a huge children's books author and she has the power to influence millions of kids all over the world with her bigotry.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I mean, yeah, I could've worded that another way. To put it differently, it's depressing that so many powerful people are bigoted assholes. Putting it that way makes it more depressing, though. In Rowling's case, I was thinking about how she's a huge children's books author and she has the power to influence millions of kids all over the world with her bigotry.

Oh MAN. You opened a huge can of worms right there. But I have to stop myself because I know I'll get that ass banned if I mega rant about the subject here.

joined Oct 22, 2018

While I don't agree with censorship. I hate her guts so much I wouldn't mind, honestly, fuck her. Dumbass thinks she is all so inclusive by saying bullshit after the story is finished, says more dumb shit, says transphobic shit.

That's the way I view all bigotry really - I generally don't agree with censorship, but if certain bigots have enough of a media clout around them... It may prove necessary to close the pipe of hateful lies.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

That's the way I view all bigotry really - I generally don't agree with censorship, but if certain bigots have enough of a media clout around them... It may prove necessary to close the pipe of hateful lies.

I mean, giving bigots a platform was the way fucking nazis gained a voice again by integrating themselves with this anti-sjw bullshit a few years ago. All social media is a mess. That's why there are very specific cases where I agree with censorship. There's no place for this kind of shit in modern society...or society ever.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Why do you people care so much about what Rowling says or thinks? Anyone may use these platforms whether or not they are a "bigot" or not and while I may or may not approve of what they say, I think the people should have the right to say it.

The issue is that she is radicalizing a lot of her fans, and the UK already has too many TERFs (there are that many that they are attacking laws protecting trans people and preventing laws that would protect trans people)

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oh MAN. You opened a huge can of worms right there.

Whoops!

The issue is that she is radicalizing a lot of her fans, and the UK already has too many TERFs (there are that many that they are attacking laws protecting trans people and preventing laws that would protect trans people)

Basically this. A lot a young people, or parents of young people who read her books, follow her on Twitter and see make her well-written, rational-sounding arguments like "sex is real", and then they see people insulting her in the replies. Surely those rude people must be wrong, and the nice lady author they like is right? If some random person spouts hate online, that's their problem. But if someone with a huge platform uses it to spread hate and lies about a vulnerable group, that's when it becomes a problem for everyone. In my opinion at least.

Anyway. Here's an official art of Sakura Quest's (remember that anime? it was a fun watch) Maki and Sanae that got lost in the upload queue. The author of the manga adaptation shipped them. Loved the domestic roommates-to-lovers vibe they gave off. Might try requesting an upload again, I dunno.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

But now even Twitter & Facebook are trying to rein him in.

Talking about social media, Reddit finally decided to take action against the hate subreddits

The transphobic shithole r/GenderCritical was deleted, and a massive amount of other subs have also been deleted

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Oh, that's great. I know r/AgainstHateSubreddits was founded recently, and I'm proud to say that r/CivBattleRoyale, the one subreddit I visit most often, was put on the list of subreddits that are part of that momevent.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My friend finally was able to come to visit and I introduced her to the world of Madoka. I watched her reaction out of the corner of my eye as "that thing" happened with "that one blonde girl" and it was gloooooooorious hahahaha.... and then of course it just keeps going from there.... we weren't able to finish the whole series but now she's all about finishing the rest ASAP

How far did you get into it?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

We got as far as finally having Homura's story revealed, so pretty far in, only a couple episodes left. She was just as bothered by Kyouko's "prayer" as I was, heh. (Yes that's right, I'm a 41 year old KyoSaya fangirl, come @ me lol)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's great!!! glad to know you two had fun xP I was lucky enough to watch the series without spoiling myself with THAT and lol I was shocked, and then it was one revelation after another I think I saw the whole anime with this "D:" face... AND THEN Rebellion happened and I was ((((D:))))

I said this on another thread but I would be so happy if they make a movie about Walpurgis Night, the origin and the end.

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 5:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.