Forum › Online Reader Suggestions for Improvement

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

On the series directory I want it to have pictures of the covers like the old reader. The books look more interesting that way. :)

I plan to add a button to switch between view types (list [current], covers, table, etc) for directory pages.

joined Nov 5, 2012

So, is the add to reading list thing working on tablet format, because I couldn't find any button. Or this is not the question that should be asked???

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 12:09AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

So, is the add to reading list thing working on tablet format, because I couldn't find any button. Or this is not the question that should be asked???

What's not working about it? Seems to work fine for me.

joined Nov 5, 2012

What's not working about it? Seems to work fine for me.

Woops. Just found out.. Sorry. i'm stupid.
Kind a hard to find since it's on the menu bar.

Sorry... =A=

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm sorry I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but I hope I am. I also don't know if this has been suggested before but I was wondering if anyone had thought to do like a idk ten star rating system so we could rate each chapter and/or the series as a whole. Just a thought and again it may have already been suggested and discussed and i know it would put more burden on you guys but i still thought i should suggest it.

joined Feb 1, 2013

If memory serves, it has been suggested during the creation of the new reader and new forums, and the idea has finally been rejected.

last edited at Apr 13, 2013 9:52AM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Memory serves you right. We rejected that idea and will not implement any sort of rating system.

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

Maybe a guide/FAQ for newlies/narbs/dummies on how to use the reader? -shrug- o_o

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The reader was redesigned with the idea of making it easier to use for both staff, uploaders, and readers to use as a whole, regardless of experience. If there's something that's confusing to you in its usage or verbiage, feel free to notify us in this topic and we'll see if it's something that needs to be dealt with.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I'm confused about the reader, how do DNS servers cache domains from a TLD registrar and why can't I just add things at random into their code since they're not incredibly strong?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I dunno if this has been suggested, but I would like a "yuri incest" tag. ^_^

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Declined. Probably around the time when tags can be blacklisted will the ability to search multiple tags at once be implemented.

joined Apr 18, 2013

I can't be the only person having a hard time figuring out how to add a series or chapter to their "to read" and "favorites" list, am I? I don't see it anywhere obvious, like near the series or chapter title where I would expect such options to be.

I don't want to seem too complain-y because I absolutely love this site. I'm just a little confused about why such a common feature is so difficult to find?

Edit: Well, I just figured it out. That's the weirdest method I've ever seen.

last edited at Apr 18, 2013 1:04AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I emailed chapter two of "Her World" to MrEngenious yesterday morning. I'm assuming you haven't had the chance to check your email, or maybe just haven't had a chance to get to it, so I'm putting this where you will see it. If there is some other delay, especially if I need to do something, would you email me and let me know?

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Sorry about that.
I rely a bit too heavily on my notifier actually notifying me about things on that account and managed to miss it.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

When we click Recently Added, would it be possible to make it clear when stuff is part of a series?

(There was a flood of recently added stuff today, but most was touhou. With no tag saying it was touhou... )

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

The tags are in the pairings. Avoid tags with marisa, alice, reimu, etc. That's what I do.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

When we click Recently Added, would it be possible to make it clear when stuff is part of a series?

(There was a flood of recently added stuff today, but most was touhou. With no tag saying it was touhou... )

Yea, I need to make it more visible in some places when a chapter is a doujin (and what fandom).

joined Nov 30, 2011

Not sure if this has been asked before but will there be a way, in the future, to tell what threads we've posted in in the forum? Like a little mark of some type to the left of the 'views' tag-looking thingy on the right (if that made any sense just now O_o).

-edit-
Oh yeah and a question, can we open up threads about other things not entirely related to the mangas on here? I wanted to open up a thread asking if people listen to music while reading manga but wasn't sure if that was appropriate to do at this time.

last edited at Apr 27, 2013 12:31AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I suppose it's not forbidden :D

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's a free for all forum. Make a topic that's not something that's generally rule breaking across forums in general and it'll be fine.
It's just currently a bit harder to keep track of since we don't have forums search or tracking of sorts yet.

joined Nov 30, 2011

It's a free for all forum. Make a topic that's not something that's generally rule breaking across forums in general and it'll be fine.
It's just currently a bit harder to keep track of since we don't have forums search or tracking of sorts yet.

Ah, thank you.

And I see.

1259340236_9555_full
joined Feb 8, 2013

I dont know what happen, but its look like from date 23 - 26 april all the manga that been uploaded is PIECE OF TRASH... It seems its not for yuri manga anymore but pervert manga....

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Read the tags and you'll avoid stuff you don't like.

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd like to suggest that the tags which suggest ships doujin (e.g. Hotaru x Chibiusa, Fate x Nanoha) get their own subtag system, or get rearranged somehow so that they're separated from standard categories? When one looks for genres, they kinda get in the way.

Also, does Dynasty Scans have a tip jar? I can't find any on the main site.

To reply you must either login or sign up.