Forum › Sasameki Koto discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm really bad at picking favourites, but I'd say my top three are Sasameki Koto, Girl Friends and Hanjuku Joshi,

the first i heard hanjuko joshi in this type of discussion, i agree,

I'd Agree with these too- and add first love sisters (3 volumes, so not that long, shame it can't all be on reader) and ofcourse Aoi Hana to my best yuri series.

And Hanjuku Joshi- should be alot more well known and rated i think- it maybe may favourite of all- only girl friends equals or betters it.

I think it has the best positive messeges overall for a lesbian couple by FAR - whereas morinaga milks works kind of seem a bit more rooted in the past ways.

SK i thought was great earlier on but about half way got bogged down, so I agree it could of been better if shorter and more focused - or better planned for its length. But I still like it alot overall - and loved the characters - and the ending was very satisfying :)

Now to read it all the way through in one go :) I think reading a long manga once finished gives a much better feel for its overall story than it spread out over years.

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 7:24AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

well, now i think i can begin to cure my conjunctivitis

Moon_tattoo___knm___by_crossmirage
joined Feb 4, 2013

I'm so happy to see the ending of this manga series but sad at the same time. Now that its ended I really want to see more lol. (>.<;) /~~~

joined Apr 7, 2013

Yeah. The series was awesome... But them ringing the wedding bell was just the perfect ending.

:P
And then the extras where they showed how the other characters ended up. :)

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

Shipping Lotte x Akemya-kun!!

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

sobs

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

D'AWWWWWWWWWW

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

The useless addition 3 put a big smile on my face :D <3
truly is sad knowing this series is officially done :\ definitely will sit down when I get the time and just read it all over again :)

joined Apr 15, 2013

If nothing else, the story sticks the landing. I'm still not sure I get some of what Sumi is on about but it might click better when I reread it. Now that the opportunity to do that is here, the anticipation and dread of reading this in its entirety are having such a battle in my brain that I'm not sure my health insurance will cover the impending complications that result from it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

weeping

It was good, I'm glad it finally ended, and it did so very appropriately. But at the same time, we never even got a proper resolution for the young lesbians ('less I missed it), which leaves me feeling like they were wholly useless in the grand scheme of the story...oh well!

joined Apr 15, 2013

But at the same time, we never even got a proper resolution for the young lesbians ('less I missed it), which leaves me feeling like they were wholly useless in the grand scheme of the story...oh well!

Resolution wouldn't have averted that fact. Still, did you at least see their page in the useless additions?

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 10:55AM

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

weeping

It was good, I'm glad it finally ended, and it did so very appropriately. But at the same time, we never even got a proper resolution for the young lesbians ('less I missed it), which leaves me feeling like they were wholly useless in the grand scheme of the story...oh well!

Sorry if i'm completely confused (especially if i mess up which characters you meant) now but i thought this page was meant for that: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sasameki_koto_ch53#30

Also yeah it's good to see it end before it starts going on forever, i'm hoping (also kinda dreading as it's the manga that got me into yuri) Aoi Hana ends soon altough i probably shouldn't worry about that as it does seem to be wrapping things up a bit.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^I'm at least somewhat hoping that Aoi Hana will be the yuri that continues following its characters after high school, but with all the sub-plots getting tied up lately, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it ended shortly.

And yea, I saw the textless page that single-handedly "resolved" their relationship. Just kinda wanted something more, I guess.

Resolution wouldn't have averted that fact.

True.

%ed%94%84%eb%a1%9c%ed%95%84
joined Apr 26, 2013

It was such a long journey to them.. I almost cry after I finished last chapter :')
I am glad that I read whole story finally!
thank you for translator and Dynasty Reader staff :)

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

It took 53 chapters for this two to finally say " I love you" we needed more Yuri and we only got a bit. We need more Yuri scenes. Please ...

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I am soooo glad this is over with. Now I can put the part of my brain that's been agonizing over this ending to better use... Although I wish there was more about Mayu and Koi. Does anyone know what Ikeda's doing now?

Maxresdefault
joined Feb 5, 2013

Oh my ***** after I just read "Koharu no Hibi" Kazama seriously reminded me of Matsuki :S srsly, what the heck ?! xD
The ending was still veeeery cute >.< Kind of sad it's all over now :/

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Does anyone know what Ikeda's doing now?

This: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=65252

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----!!!!!!

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'd say it was a perfect ending... if i wasn't so against it ending.

joined Nov 5, 2012

Oh my godd! The ending just come, and I already forgot half of the story!!!
Fine... I'll just have to read it again. TwT

joined Nov 30, 2011

Only took 52 chapters for them to finally kiss and it ends rather satisfyingly though, like I keep saying, I would have loved to have seen it extended to some years after they've graduated high school. At least seeing them more grown up in their mid-late twenties would have been pretty cool. But I have to say, the original series that got me into yuri in the first place has been a lot of fun to read up to the very end. And those extras were awesome!

I noticed some people talking about Aoi Hana and I have to say I'm glad it's coming to a close hopefully, I'm starting to have trouble telling characters apart.

@ Phyis - Yay! a new slice of life that......*searches internet* no one is scanlating =(

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 9:52PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I actually read the first volume today and really enjoyed it, the art is on the same good level as the late SK chapters and the MC is really likeable, maybe because there isn't much missing for me to believe that Ikeda has been staking me out. It's a real slice-of-life deal though without any romance yuri or het whatsoever and with a protagonist who isn't a 10 year old moe blob, so I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if this will ever be scanlated.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I actually read the first volume today and really enjoyed it, the art is on the same good level as the late SK chapters and the MC is really likeable, maybe because there isn't much missing for me to believe that Ikeda has been staking me out. It's a real slice-of-life deal though without any romance yuri or het whatsoever and with a protagonist who isn't a 10 year old moe blob, so I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if this will ever be scanlated.

... Well, at least he didn't go to het. I hope he goes back to yuri at some point though...

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

it could of been better if shorter and more focused

And it could've been a story about monkeys but it isn't. The nice thing about SK in my opinion is that it's not a laser focused romance story between the different pairs, it's generally a slice-of-life comedy about a group of friends who got together, at least at the start, through their common sexual orientation. But that doesn't define them or the story. There is a romance going on, there is drama and angst but it doesn't drive their entire lives. It's not bogged down because some chapters don't push the romance forward and characters are not useless because their relationship status isn't clearly defined at the end.

If you don't like the series, fine. Personally I wouldn't touch Aoi Hana to use as kindling in a snowstorm because freezing to death is slightly more pleasant. But judge it for what it is, not the Girl Friends clone a lot of people seem to be disappointed they weren't getting with this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.