Forum › Sasameki Koto discussion

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

New chapter is out. Only two left.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I was having a terrible day until chapter 51 came along with it's page 17.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I never thought i would see the day that I would read chapter 51 :P thank you Maki Maki for all the hard work put into this chapter <3 and thank you Dynasty scan for posting this lovely chapter <3

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

damn only two chapters left....

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwww.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn. Would have loved to have seen their relationship grow to what it was at the end of 51 all through their 3rd year of high school. Definitely going to miss this once the last chapters are finished.

last edited at Mar 28, 2013 7:02AM

joined Feb 19, 2011

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA Chapter 52 Page 19 Panel 2. Tomoe just with her hands up......PFFFFFFFTT!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAA

joined May 17, 2011

Probably celebrating she won the "bet" (pg 13)

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

52 is listed under April' Foolz instead Vol 9 on the series page.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Always forget to fix it every time I upload.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I love this seris so much. It makes me laugh, stress, blush and kyaying like a fangirl. >_<

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

..and now, at the end, can i ask something?

better Girlfriends or Sasameki koto ?

(i know is a useless, moronic, senseless question)

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Sasameki Koto has a lot more angst. I think I like both equally, though. It's angstier, but it's got more humor in it. Pretty sweet super-shoujo ending.

joined Nov 30, 2011

..and now, at the end, can i ask something?

better Girlfriends or Sasameki koto ?

(i know is a useless, moronic, senseless question)

For me its Sasameki Koto, Octave, and then Girl Friends/Girlfriends. Sasameki Koto is was originally got me into yuri in the first place. (I actually saw the anime on Crunchyroll first and decided to pursue the manga when I finished it.)

I'm still miffed it had to end early. I really wanted to see them develop their relationship during their 3rd year and then continue on into their post-high school lives. I always hate how these school romances end when they graduate. So annoying.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Girlfriends by a loooong margin. Girfriends, while it was slow, actually focused on the main couple, and had a linear progression...Sasamekikoto it's all over the place, 9 volumes is waaay too much for a love story between just two characters, it should have developped the minor charcters, or be just 3 volumes long

In the afterword of the first tank, the author says he didn't even know it would be serialized, so he wrote 9 volumes without plans and boy does it show

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 8:35AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm really bad at picking favourites, but I'd say my top three are Sasameki Koto, Girl Friends and Hanjuku Joshi, all about the same level. Which is top doesn't really matter, they're all great stories.

I must say I was really disappointed with the SK anime. The incredible mood shift between the first ep and all the others, and making the rest of it solely a humour series without much development at all of the relationship, That kinda let me down, when I was hoping for more of a balance like in the manga.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 10:52AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Apples and oranges. Girl Friends is a romance drama, Octave is a coming-of-age story and SK is primarily a romantic comedy.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Apples and oranges. Girl Friends is a romance drama, Octave is a coming-of-age story and SK is primarily a romantic comedy.

This.

Loving the three of them by the way.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Is the translation in Chapter 52 wrong?
I think Kiyori asks Kazama whether she'd kissed with Murasame. When Tomoe said "Not yet, right?", everyone is so surprised that Murasame had not yet taken action and bet whether they would kiss by the end of graduation ceremony. Murasame also keet thinking Kazama and kiss(LOL) after knowing eveyone knows the fact.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm really bad at picking favourites, but I'd say my top three are Sasameki Koto, Girl Friends and Hanjuku Joshi,

the first i heard hanjuko joshi in this type of discussion, i agree,

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh...

I LOVE the message the class leaves them. AWWWWW.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sasameki_koto_ch52#23

joined Apr 15, 2013

Girlfriends by a loooong margin. Girfriends, while it was slow, actually focused on the main couple, and had a linear progression...Sasamekikoto it's all over the place, 9 volumes is waaay too much for a love story between just two characters, it should have developped the minor charcters, or be just 3 volumes long

I mostly agree with this, in my own words:

If Sasameki Koto had been trimmed down and more focused, it would be my gold standard for whatever you want to call the categories it shares with Girl Friends. SK is masterful when it's at its best but its best is in a sea of tedious side plots and disposable characters. GF doesn't quite hit the same peaks but in its entirety it only has a few hitches from start to finish and to me, that makes it the better story.

It's going to be hard for me to review Sasameki Koto for what it is without holding what it could have been against itself. I did really like it, I love the main couple, the art, and the premise but I wanted so bad for it to all come together and to be my favorite.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Man 9 volumes just fly on by, don't they?

joined Apr 14, 2013

I like how the more of this got translated the lower it's rating got.

It started at 8.7, and a few months ago when someone picked it up again it dropped to like a 8.4 and it's still going down

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 4:42AM

joined Feb 19, 2011

FUCKING FINALLY!!! YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.