Forum › Image Comments

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

Well to be fair. Amane sisters got screwed up over by everyone else and they made a wish after realizing they can only rely on each other, so they were already incredible close. Add to that the fact they they did not grow up together (studies shows we do like our partner to resemble as a bit, so family living separate and meeting later do often fall for each other, then again they're twins and we don't like too close resemblance, but I digress) only helps in them creating even stronger bond between each other. Whatever that bond evolved into love you could argue, but they're definitely inseparable soulmates. Even their Dopples show they complete each other. They're 2 halves of 1 bubble that together create a whole.

As for IroYachi, entire game is just full of their interactions and in later chapters they pretty much act like married couple taking care of the house/family, so I can't really see them other way. Sana and Felicia are their children and Tsuruno is Yachiyo's little sister dropping by every now and then. I honestly think them and MadoHomu is as canon as you can get. Subtext Canon ? And even for MadoHomu I'm not so sure if it isn't just canon. In third movie they specifically said the reason Homura was able to pull Madoka back to earth was because she felt so much love. If that's not explicit, I'm not sure what is. Iroha pretty much already proposed to Yachiyo, saying she'll spend rest of her live together with her.

I made entire rant in anime thread, but here is relevant part

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 7:56AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
66063427_p0

^Personality is irrelevant. I said mind. She shares all of Illya's memories, except she also remembers the bad stuff. Selfcest has nothing to do with personality. If two people are genetical clones to the last detail then it's selfcest. Kuro wasn't born in a lab or from Irisviel's womb, she is simply a split part of Illya fused with the Archer card. That makes her more indentical to her than any twin could ever be.

My example of Archer and Shirou was supposed to convey this. Archer has a completely different personality and viewpoint on the world from his younger self. He gained new powers and was even physically altered due to overstraining his magic circuits. Yet if thos two got it on it would still be selfcest. Because both of them are Emiya Shirou. Kuro/Chloe is Illya, even if nobody in the story wants to acknowledge it.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
3xfn2d5

Nevri absolutely laying it down with the family dynamics, hm? I honestly had not gone as far as think of Tsuruno as Yachiyo's little sister, though it does make sense, and I had reached the conclusion of thinking of Tsuruno as the "cool aunt" to Felicia... so it is a pretty similar conclusion, I suppose.

As for MadoHomu... oh come on, it is completely and utterly blatant that Homura is madly in love with Madoka even in the original series, and every piece of media after the original series just builds up more and more on it, Wraith Arc makes it very clear said feelings are mutual(specifically Homura's and Madoka's feelings for each other resonating to the point of crystalizing into a new Soul Gem, which granted Homura her new wish and the potential to become the Devil in first place), and then Homura very explicitly spells it out in Rebellion, the biggest thing you can say against MadoHomu is that they are not a couple, which is... technically true, due to circumstance there has never been a point where they were allowed to simply have a normal relationship, but that's not due to lack of love, but rather that their universe really sucks for everyone involved.

@EvelineClariss

While it is true that "never hate each other" doesn't translate to "always love each other", it is important to remember that one's personal interpretation of their wish is just as important as wording, see Felicia's wish for an example where her mental state warped her wish in a negative way, and I feel that in context, what they truly meant was "We want our relationship to always be perfect", as they viewed their resentment, thus "hate", for each other as the one thing keeping them from said perfection.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 8:14AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018
3xfn2d5

I find it kinda funny how every YachiIro image that gets uploaded ends up having discussions like this.

And I'm thankful for that, because, due to such discussions, people who don't play the game, like myself, get a more expansive view of the story through the info provided by those who do, without themselves having to bother playing, lol.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
66063427_p0

^No its seriously NOT- we ARE our personality- however it was formed. Identical twins are genetically identical you know.. they are NOT the same person. Kuro did not live the same life as Illiya even if she shares her memories - and we dont even know she DOES. Plus she has her own extra memories. And watching from within - if thats what was happening - maybe she was 'asleep' for most of it? - watching through illyas eyes is not the same as being the one doing those things.. IF she was identical in mind she would act and behave exactly like Illiya in all things- yet she is completely different mentally. To be selfcest it literally has to be another YOU - who thinks and acts the same and knows everything you do. imo.

Kuro is no more Illiya than identical twins who grow up together and share many of the same memmories are the same person.

@Sakura Cartelet Nobody said they are and are NOT sisters. They literally are NOT. They can be considered similar to sisters.

Anyways thats enough of going into that, so I'll leave it there since its in the image thread.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 8:33AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017
1557569183%20(1)

^ Apparently, because I see nothing wrong with them.

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014
Dcwdtjovaaa-rlz-orig

Oh.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
66063427_p0

Shirou and Archer are selfcest, because Shirou is literally Archer's younger self. They're from different eras. If events of grail war didn't happen, Shirou was going to eventually become Archer. Meanwhile you can't say the same about Illya and Kuro. They have 2 different personalities and depending who would be the one to live the life, they'd grow up to be different people. They might share the same genetics, but are not the same person. Just like normal real life twins. Unless you're implying our personalities don't matter and twins are the same person.

Honestly the whole my different version/timeline etc. is ultra confusing and not something we really have to deal with irl, but I feel like Kuro and Illya are a pretty clear cut example of twins.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
66063427_p0

I fear this won't end well if we continue... but I'll give one final statement as well. If for some unknown reason someone wants to continue, you can go to the Dynasty Cafe. I check it out regularly.
@Nevri See, this is where you tripped up. If Illya remembers the bad memories of the Einzbern legacy and lives through them, she becomes like Kuro. Kuro's base is Illya. The additional information is what altered her. In the same way Archer's base is Shirou, but the additional life experience made him different. These two cases are the exact same thing.

The very definition of twins denies your assertion, so I can't really agree. That's all.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 9:40AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014
Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016
3xfn2d5

For some reason I can't see Tsuruno as being Yachiyo's little sister. If anyone would be Yachiyo's little sister I would imagine it would more likely be Momoko given her "rebellious phase" she went through early in the game. Also Nevri what's your thoughts on Mifuyu and Yachiyo's relationship?

0205216f3f9dd4fe234cb9e2fba7ae84
joined May 15, 2017
43327658_p0

Goddamn look at those hungalungas.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
3xfn2d5

I don't know Nevri, but personally? I view Mifuyu as Yachiyo's ex, they were together for a long time and went through a lot together, but as they grew older and into maturity, they became too different to stay together, Yachiyo is fine with being a meguca for the rest of her life, even with the risks and complications, she knows it is the life she choose and it is the fate she has accepted, Mifuyu has for a long time now yearned for a way out, a way that she could just lead a normal life without having to risk herself fighting Witches just to stay alive.

Mifuyu as Yachiyo's ex also fits too well with that one sequence in early chapter 6(later half of episode 11 to anime-onlys, keeping in mind that in the game, Mifuyu went there unprompted) where Mifuyu goes to the villa primarily to taunt Iroha and to mess with Yachiyo, that was completely Mifuyu acting as a bitchy ex, and going out of her way to rub on Iroha's face that what she has with Yachiyo at that moment doesn't compare to what she had with Yachiyo in the past... no wonder that Iroha is driven to make that major declaration to Yachiyo later in the chapter, Mifuyu made her want to go a step further.

Also can I just say, that one scene drove me very close to hating Mifuyu, she redeemed herself more than enough in the following chapters, and the story makes it clear that that scene, bitchy and venomous as it was, was ultimately just an act and that she really isn't like that, but it shows Iroha has the patience of a saint that she didn't force Mifuyu out of the house at crossbowpoint, I know I would've.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

Yea, I can see Momoko like that, especially since Yachiyo used to take care of her and Momoko looked up to her. Then again, it feels like rebellious phase to us, but she did have good reason to be angry at Yachiyo, so I'd feel like she's more of a old friend Yachiyo had falling off with, but later reconciled?

With Tsuruno it's entirely based on just how game presents it. She's constantly dropping by, keeps in touch with family and acts kinda like aunt to Felicia and Sana, but isn't too far apart in age. So Yachiyo's little sister who constantly clings to her. Like with Momoko you could also go with old friend, but in her case they had falling off, but she never kept grudge against Yachiyo, so when they meet again, she went back to behaving like always.

For Yachiyo and Mifuyu, they're exes, but they drifted too far apart to ever get back together. Yachiyo of course still cares about Mifuyu, but now she has new gf to focus on.

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 1:03PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
3xfn2d5

I don't know, each time i read the headcanons on Magia Record, I feel like peoples view too far in of what it's suposs to be. It's at least the second time i heard about 2 peoples being treated as exs when there is nothing to back it up. I know there is a lot of lesbians vibes but I don't know. I like Yuri but it feel a bit too much.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

Oh no, I think Mifuyu 100% meant it. After Yachiyo decided to break up team because she was afraid her wish was killing everyone and she distanced herself from everyone, including Mifuyu, Mifuyu was devastated. That's why she says that it was Yachiyo who abandoned her, not the other way around. She went to invite everyone to the lecture, but when she saw that Yachiyo pretty much went back to living and behaving the way she used to before, she got pissed, because it meant Yachiyo disbanding their team and cutting ties with her was completely pointless. She was 100% jelly of Iroha in that scene and wanted to gloat how close she is with Yachiyo.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

@Lilliwyt

It's not headcanon. It's canon. If you didn't play game, you have no idea. That's how game portray their relationship. And Madoka frenchiase was always gay with MadoHomu, but Magia Record has a canon lesbian character who wished for her crush to love her back, so it's not like they'd never go there. As I said, IroYachi is pretty much canon, without ever confirming it, but you'd need to be blind to deny it.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 2:14PM

joined Sep 9, 2013
1557569183%20(1)

I see they are looking to have their own baseball team! respect

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

They made them as a duo unit in the game with art like this. Try telling me it's just people taking it too far.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 2:22PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
3xfn2d5

That's not the part i consider as head canon, it's the " I view Mifuyu as Yachiyo's ex".I know that much there is a canon lesbian character and yada yada, there is enough talk about the gacha on the Dynasty Discord but when someone said "I view x as y''s ex" then it mean it's not canon because it's a personal intepretation of the relation, not how the actual relation is.

Edit : It's not that part i consider headcanon Nevri. I fully know the relation between this two.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 2:24PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018
3xfn2d5

Please keep the paragraphs coming, I'm enjoying every moment of it (even if it comes at the cost of my younger brother being frustrated with me occupying the computer for longer than 30 seconds)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
3xfn2d5

Fine, Mifuyu and Yachiyo could be just friends, but since game already pretty much turned Mikazuki Villa into whole happy family with parents, children and aunty, we're just having fun with it. Sure Yachiyo and Mifuyu are only a childhood friends, who spend 7 years together fighting witches, then separate because of different opinions and later when Mifuyu disappeared, Yachiyo dropped everything and spend rest of time looking for her and when she thought she finally found he, but she turned out to be fake, she almost turned into witch from shock. I guess instead of girlfriends that broke up, they are only very close friends.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
3xfn2d5

See, to me personally, the "Mifuyu is Yachiyo's ex" thing comes in huge part from the "bitchy ex" scene in chapter 6, before that point I was unsure what exactly the nature of Mifuyu and Yachiyo's relationship, but that scene just hits like a truck with that sense of "Oh, oh, oooh, so this is how it is, hm?" and everything just starts to slot into place really well... and it is one of the things that the anime keeps and does it really well, while the circumstances of the scene are changed with Mifuyu being indirectly invited there, but otherwise the context of the scene is the same and it is such a tense scene, cutting off the background music just to build up the tension, and even using Yachiyo's Doppel to show how much the situation affected her... they wanted to make sure to deliver the same context even in the different adaptation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
3xfn2d5

You want to make me feel bad to be the one who is saying is just friendship and not love. Fine, i know Madoka has a big lesbian vibe going for it but that doesn't mean friendship can't exist, especially when you're only two persons alone. I know it's a yuri site but come on, just because two girls stay a long time together, more so when they are fighting, doesn't .mean they're automatically gay for each other. Your last sentence sound like it's not possible that they're just close friends.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016
3xfn2d5

@Nevri By canon lesbian I assume you mean Rika right? I ship her and Ren (whose feeling are more ambiguous). Although even in the case of Rika she ends up regretting her wish because she feels the wish effectively brainwashed the other girl into loving her. She later confesses this to Hinano who doesn't think of her as being disgusting for the wish.

On an unrelated note, I'm still looking for a good partner for Ashley Taylor (NA exclusive magical girl) besides Riko Chiaki (11), Rika (already taken), and Emiri/Emily...

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 2:46PM

This topic has been locked.