Forum › Tender Night discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I thought the ending rather than romance, is more on "you're not alone" thingy....

Riku mindset toward the ending was building up toward 'maybe it's weird for me to like girls, since those who liked me just thought of me as substitution for boys anyway'. Then her senpai turned up, even gayer and more open about it than ever.

Honestly it's not 100% that they will go out in the end. But even as close friend, Riku will definitely becomes more honest with her sexuality now.

last edited at Jul 13, 2013 12:56AM

Screen%20shot%202014-09-27%20at%2012.20.44%20am
joined Mar 5, 2012

I thought the ending rather than romance, is more on "you're not alone" thingy....

Riku mindset toward the ending was building up toward 'maybe it's weird for me to like girls, since those who liked me just thought of me as substitution for boys anyway'. Then her senpai turned up, even gayer and more open about it than ever.

Honestly it's not 100% that they will go out in the end. But even as close friend, Riku will definitely becomes more honest with her sexuality now.

This.

joined Jul 14, 2013

I always love when they're a bit open - there's more to think about this way. Love the artwork though, hoping for more from the mangaka... perhaps even a conclusion to Manga no Tsukurikata? Probably not though >.>

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I think they may get together, I mean come on that was a lot less open ended than some others I have read :P

joined Jun 12, 2012

The art is gorgeous

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Maybe I'm just projecting, but they remind me of the couple from Honey & Mustard. I could easily see these two becoming friends who cheer each other on until realizing they've got something good going. Might not be romance, but it certainly feels like the start to something bigger.

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 11:56PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I love this. it feels so reeeal

joined May 25, 2017

agreed... this was very refreshing. i personally liked how takahashi handled everything.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sweet ending. Felt Riku's sense of relief. Funny that the senpai was never named, but either way they may or may not get together, I think the more important part is that gladness of not being alone.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

cute! How could I have missed this Adult life tagged chapter?
For me, open end is always yuri. Because I'm an oh-so-optimistic idiot. But it would be cool to see more of this.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I didn't like this one when I first read it, but a second reading has sweetened me up to it... I like the optimistic open ending and the hint of lighthearted-ness. Felt a bit like the authors feelings were seeped into Riku's experiences, but I might be reading too much into that.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

volleyball is where all the lesbians are

To reply you must either login or sign up.