Forum › Slow Start discussion

Screenshot_4
joined May 3, 2013

Apart from the yuri, I think this series is really good at exploring the sorts of subtle anxieties young people have. I find it very easy to empathize with the cast when they worry about even the smallest things.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

"Polyamory end are a rare treat because it's something who can't be thrown like that to resolve a triangle with nobody hurt, might say it's even a cheap way to end a love triangle."

To quote a certain someone in a previous thread. Idk, for someone that talked down on polyamory as an ending to love triangles as much as you did...

That should tell you how desperate i am about that.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

The way I see it, Eiko loves both Kamu and Kiyose, but in different ways. She loves Kamu as her emotional support, but she loves Kiyose in a more sexual attraction sort of way.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Eiko and sensei have so much Unresolved Sexual Tension going you could bottle it and sell it as cure for infertility, whereas conversely her relationship with Kamu can be described as intensely romantic (pending the latter properly hitting puberty and developing libido natch).

And nobody in this trifecta has problems with any of this aside from Kiyose's obvious legal and professional-ethical fetters.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Good series. Just caught up. I like the comedy but try to avoid any shipping because of how hard It is to root for any of them. So I'll read it for the jokes and their growth as characters, and nothing more

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

My concern right now is Nishimura-san. I kinda afraid she actually a crossdress boy. If that's truth. I think I might throw this series to trash can =))

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My concern right now is Nishimura-san. I kinda afraid she actually a crossdress boy. If that's truth. I think I might throw this series to trash can =))

That's a nice mind you have buddy. Very respectful. I don't see why there will be a problem with Nishimura being a cross-dresser.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Plot twist, Kamu is actually a boy o3o

...seriously where do you people get this stuff from. Is it something in the water?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Plot twist, Kamu is actually a boy o3o

...seriously where do you people get this stuff from. Is it something in the water?

That Nishimura is a boy ? I think it was because of this, the sign after Nishimura's name look like more the male one rather than the female one hence why people believe Nishimura is a crossdresser. Could be also trans for all we know.

joined Jul 26, 2016

hence why people believe Nishimura is a crossdresser. Could be also trans for all we know.

Those would be the obvious implications, yes. Why any of this should be a cause for concern is OTOH quite beyond me all the more so as he(?) hasn't exactly had much of a presence in the story to begin with...

joined Jan 21, 2015

Nishimura is a cross-dresser according to Tokumi on Twitter. Someone asked her a while ago, as the anime was airing I think. Cannot be arsed to go back and look for the exact source, sorry. Seeing as said anime had the character voiced by a woman though, I think everyone can feel free to interpret their identity however they want.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

Speaking of Nishimura: didn't she say something about wearing a wig in one chapter? I can't remember which one it was though.

joined Mar 31, 2017

The wig was in volume 5 chapter 57 and yeah, many readers seem to have missed the male symbol next to Nishimura's name when he first appeared.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Slow Start ch86, pg 200 has a minor error it was fixed https://mangadex.cc/chapter/778855/8

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Some focus on Hana for a change, though I noticed everytime they focus on her, the rest of the classmates get something too.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Damn, watching Tama be amazing and passionate about cooking makes me wish I did it more often

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Hana-chan is so precious.

joined Jul 26, 2016

DESTRUCTION 100: The Page

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Does this chapter (87) seem disjointed and nonsensical to anyone else? I mean more than usual.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That page with Kamu trying to embrace Eiko but the text actually says that Eiko got an interest in black clothes which is the only color Sensei has, is some 4D level chess of third wheeling for Kamu.

Eiko also saved Sensei there, she better pay her back with a good reward, though she seems pretty happy just with taking her for a walk like a dog.

last edited at Mar 2, 2020 8:40PM

joined Jul 20, 2016

Ey fuys is this actual yuri and not just queerbaiting?

This page is too relatable

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

is some 4D level chess of third wheeling for Kamu.

She always have been made into the third wheel. Eiko only need Kamu for moral support, she is focus entierly on Sensei.Not that I wanted that to stop because I never been a fan of Eiko/Sensei pairing but since the author seem to like it and the community too then it will probably go through

Ey fuys is this actual yuri and not just queerbaiting?

Just give it time before the author make Eiko/Sensei official. Might be the time where i drop it.

last edited at Mar 2, 2020 8:51PM

bitchesbebroke
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

do you guys recommend reading this? i dont want to read 87 chapters and not have any yuri lol

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

do you guys recommend reading this? i dont want to read 87 chapters and not have any yuri lol

Eiko and Sensei is always worth it

To reply you must either login or sign up.