Forum › Nana Yuri discussion

joined Feb 1, 2013

Thanks Dynasty, I didn't know of this author.

That said, I don't really like what I just read. It's cute and all, the drawing is okay-ish, but it lacks credibility a lot. I can't imagine how childhood friends who never had a thing for each other would just one day fall in love.

Seriously ? The blonde girl knows the other since forever, has always been friends with her, and one day she got up and just said "oh shit my heart is beating differently today" ?! Come on !

joined Jan 30, 2013

I've read there is some biological effect that makes you less attracted to people you knew since your childhood. I think it's supposed to prevent incest.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i like it!
i don't enjoy too much works too easy and light, without drama, angst, sea of tears (sasameki), triangle, rape, blackmail, etc..., but i like this, perhaps it's the our.

the prologue, about the fear of death, is pure genius, never seen this in a yuri manga...

this is not a one shot? if is this the case, this remember me about prism

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

OH GOD THIS WAS JUST UGH.....while I was reading this I got so many feelings that I awkwardly made gurgling noises in my living room >/////>

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

... How the hell does this remind you of Prism???

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

From all of the obvious tracing, of course!

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

It is a one shot, but it has a sequel one shot as well.

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

As noted above, it's cute and all but It's far too fast and cliche. There's no angst, drama or anything, just another 'Childhood friends falling in-love' deal, and every time it essentially shows the girl who gets confessed to instantly checking it up on the web. It's like "Sure, why not? There's not harm, its my childhood friend so that means we should instantly be a couple!" Didn't take the other girl long, she confessed on page 9! If there's supposed to be more, things went so damn easily without complications? Shit better happen in the next installment or theres no hope for this manga.

Reminds you of prism? Seriously? How in the hell does it remind you of prism? Not only was the art better in prism but Prism was a master piece (despite all the issues that brought it to its end) and you compare it to a lousy manga like this?

Ack

last edited at Apr 19, 2013 4:46PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

my sarcasm identifier isn't working today... this wasn't actually traced was it?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Jesus christ, on Page 12 she appears to be using Internet Explorer, Yahoo AND Reddit!

It's like the trilogy of unfortunate internet choices/

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

my sarcasm identifier isn't working today... this wasn't actually traced was it?

No.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

No.

Yes.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

... How the hell does this remind you of Prism???

sure not the drawing (or the tracing :))
because the 2 MCs realize their feeling immediately

i didn't want to light a flame

last edited at Apr 19, 2013 4:52PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

No.

Yes.

... Do you hate MrE, Michan-sama?

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

No.

Yes.

No, just Seravi.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Jesus christ, on Page 12 she appears to be using Internet Explorer, Yahoo AND Reddit!

It's like the trilogy of unfortunate internet choices/

ah ah ah ah ah ah
i can go to the bed happy tonight,
thanks

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

No, just Seravi.

... Why?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

lol

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

As noted above, it's cute and all but It's far too fast and cliche. There's no angst, drama or anything,
Ack

I like it!
i don't enjoy too much works too easy and light, without drama, angst, sea of tears (sasameki), triangle, rape, >blackmail, etc..., but i like this, perhaps it's the our.

the prologue, about the fear of death, is pure genius, never seen this in a yuri manga...

lucamarte

I noticed potential foreshadowing in a couple of places. First we have the child hood flash back where the main girl is drawing next to the blonde girl, and there is a third girl blushing while watching them. This could potentially be foreshadowing the triangle lucamarte is interested in. Second we have the death talk after the end page. It may be foreshadowing something bad happening to one of them. I hope I'm wrong with this second speculation.

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

No.

Yes.

Michan-sama your avatar is very convincing.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I noticed potential foreshadowing in a couple of places. First we have the child hood flash back where the main girl is drawing next to the blonde girl, and there is a third girl blushing while watching them. This could potentially be foreshadowing the triangle lucamarte is interested in. Second we have the death talk after the end page. It may be foreshadowing something bad happening to one of them. I hope I'm wrong with this second speculation.

The sequel one-shot is really more of the same.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Only I get to call him that!

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

There's a rule? I'm not aware of that. I would have broken it on purpose.

joined Mar 23, 2013

This is day 6, if this continues any longer the entire board will be hard pressed not to call that name with respect.

Heck too many releases and it won't just be Michan-sama but Michan Kami-sama.

Yep Dynasty's very own God/Goddess(?) of Yuri.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

No, just Seravi.

... Why?

It's because he's a terrible person, mostly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.