Forum › Kaban-chan and Serval Cat discussion

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

i miss these two so much. haven't really gotten around to the second season but i heard many were disappointed. i'm glad the adventures of serval and kaban can live on in doujinshi though. i wonder would happen if that other serval became a friend as well?

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

i miss these two so much. haven't really gotten around to the second season but i heard many were disappointed. i'm glad the adventures of serval and kaban can live on in doujinshi though.

I thought I was the only one too scared to watch season two because of the things I heard they changed.

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

i miss these two so much. haven't really gotten around to the second season but i heard many were disappointed.

they fired the director of the first one, made up a new bland protagonist, killed off serval and kaban relationship... you know that show called the simpsoms? where after the OG staff went on their own ways the show became a soulless copy of itself because people didn't comprehend what made it great in the first place?
basically an anime version of that

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 4:27AM

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Yea don't bother. Season 2 was one of the most terrible things I've watched. Remember the season 1 ending where Kaban was gonna go to another island? Forget that, coz the setting of the second season might look like a different island, but a lot of the friends in s1 was present there, even though they went home aside from serval at the ending of the 1st season. Also remember how at the last episode Serval and Kaban were willing to die for each other? Forget that as well coz serval doesn't even remember kaban, and kaban didn't even try to rekindle any semblance of a friendship/relationship with her under the pretense of "you're happier with the new protag", even tho she was okay with literally killing herself just to save serval. This may be a long rant but the s2 was that horrible. Aside from that, there are so many things in the season itself that doesn't make sense, especially with that dog friend that was just so cruel.

Rant over lel. I know this is prolly a spoiler but I'll gladly spoil people just to prevent them from watching that season. Just read doujins or even just let your imagination run wild to what will happen with the new island at the end of s1. Infinitely better than that sorry show that is Kemono Friends S2.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

There is no Season 2. Season 2 doesnt exist. It is all a lie. There is only Season 1.

joined Sep 13, 2018

i love the final panel , she doesnt want to get separated from serval ever again.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Dammit, I haven't even heard of season 2 until now and I was hoping for great things but I guess disappointment just came instead

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Haha its funny because the worst case scenario here is serval being de-friended and forgetting Kaban and that is exactly what happens in the show because the season 2 creators are giant human-shaped trash bags.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Of course S.2 isn't nearly as good as S.1, but there's no other way to get our fix so...
My biggest complaint was that they made it a lot more of a 'kids show' in S.2. Simplified plots and such things, most of the yuri goodness was long gone.

Dpsmall
joined Dec 12, 2016

The thing they call "Kemono Friends 2" is the only anime I actually regret watching. It tries its hardest to invalidate and destroy the relationship between Kaban and Serval and basically all the sacrifices they made for eachother in Kemono Friends are in vain. It's so bad that I'm convinced it's bad on purpose and the creators had personal spite from the success of "Kemono Friends". I honestly wish it had never been made. I know it's only a stupid anime but it legitimately caused me emotional scarring to some extent.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

a cat is fine too

Dru6e63
joined Jun 15, 2019

season 2 is not real

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There is no Season 2. Season 2 doesnt exist. It is all a lie. There is only Season 1.

Amen.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is so cute

And yeah, S2 was sad. I didn't even finish it, and this thread will probably make sure I never do.

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 5:59AM

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Damn I was recently thinking about rewatchign season 1 and then going on to finally watch season 2....guess im just gonna stick with season 1 and end it there lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.